Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

A Sorry State Of Affairs - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Sorry State Of Affairs (488 Views)

State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! / Sorry State Of Lagos ROAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Sorry State Of Affairs by JonTal: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2013
I had an a very chilling and sad experience yesterday which to is another reminder that is little or no hope for this country called NIGERIA.
I will proceed to summarise the key points right away so we can discuss them and also share other experiences.
An indigenous contracting firm was recruiting for a multinational oil and gas co. We applied, did all the “necessaries“ and trained to assume the job on the 1st of Jan 2014.
On getting to the office of the contractor yesterday I met a sea of new faces all seated. Very few of those who had been part of the process from the beginning were there, most of them were outside the gate. The manager who had been incharge of the process was no longer in charge.
The regional manager came in and started calling names from a list had drawn up by himself. It was then I realised how those new faces came in. From the names he called about 70% come from the same tribe with him and 50% of the 70% from a particular town. How did I know? He asked them to stand up and confirm that they are from there. He even spoke to them in their language. Yes, he went to his village far away from the Niger Delta to import people to work in Port Harcourt. The rest of us were asked to go out. I could cause very serious problems for this firm but I just want to let go. I don‘t feel angry anymore but I feel that with this kind of behaviour by people in authority Nigeria is a lost cause.

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan To Experience Power Outage On Saturday / 10 Amazing Facts About Your Body / Top Ten Topisc You Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.