Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! (15963 Views)

Electricity Wires With No Poles Sighted In Fagba, Lagos. (picture) / Mad Man Takes Over Council Office In Akwa Ibom / State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by zizman: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2014
this is the pathetic state of a post office in mushin..u will think you travelled back in time to 1960's so old..i took a pix and the staffs there were complaining..i just laughed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Onlinebizexpert(m): 10:24am On Nov 17, 2014
Eko oni rubbish ooo

5 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by sammoe(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2014
Whose responsibility is the post office?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by politricks: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2014
How many people uses the post office these days.

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by slimthugchimee(m): 10:54am On Nov 17, 2014
Idiot where you expecting a sky scrapper, who still uses post office this days which money do you want them to use and repair it

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by chinex276(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2014
this got me cracking... Abeg they should donate dat building a d motherless baby home ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Zizer17(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
politricks:
How many people uses the post office these days.
if u buy sth online from anoda country dey will deliver it to d post office

2 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by hahn(m): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
I've been there several time to pick up goods from Germany. Very poorly maintained building, ancient services(there's no single computer for recording shipments), the Nigerian post office DON'T have a website and the staff always keep begging for hand outs like they don't receive salaries.

Another evidence of how ill managed our public institutions are

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by webincomeplus(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
OP, can you please grant me permission to use this pic on my blog.

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by CuppyCakie: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Lagbara fashola EKO ONI BAJE!!!

Beyonce shows her pinky in new viral picture (unclad) +18
http:///ArEgk

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Brightology2(m): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2014
Eko oni baje. All hail fashola

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
Looks like a post office in the OYO empire.

6 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by adebayotayo(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
hahahaha, Geg must go. Up GMB!

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by omoadeleye(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
Were billion is pumping
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
zizman:
this is the pathetic state of a post office in mushin..u will think you travelled back in time to 1960's so old..i took a pix and the staffs there were complaining..i just laughed

I so have something to say about this.

I don't live in lagos but post offices in this nation are rubbish

The other day I went to Wuse to send a document to Lagos. It wasn't urgent and the lady behind the desk told me it would only take 3 WORKING DAYS for it to deliver by direct mail.
Honestly if I had known that the system was dilapidated and non functional, I wouldn't have thought twice before sending by express mail.

That was the last i saw or heard of my file. It never reached lagos and nobody knows where it is. I've been to the post office to ask, they keep posting me. The lady in lagos that I sent the file to has checked nearly all the post offices in Island.

Now I have to do an affidavit and and send passport and other what-nots to get another document.

It's seriously frustrating.

In my opinion It would be best if direct mail is closed down permanently.

2 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by dridowu: 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
govt agency always struggling maintenance
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Lagusta(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
sammoe:
Whose responsibility is the post office?

The federal government, the GEJ cohorts and his TANoids

10 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Atk01(f): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
People don't use post offices anymore in these days of email and DHL.

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by quicyvictor(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2014
Part 2 of Nigeria's development....
no maintenance plan

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Beehshorp(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2014
It's no longer useful in dis generation so it's better demolished or used as tourist centres for kids
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by kccarew(f): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2014
Omg what is that! Men its old and I guess the way the building is, is the way they are been paid... Who will work there sef in this time of age...
Guys we are talking of post office..do u kw that there are building that people live in like That too here in lagos. It could be so sad at times... Wetin man go do?
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by decode55(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2014
LoL. This is absolutely hilarious. It looks like a scene from a hollywood movie cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2014
Tear-jerking. Nothing gets maintained in this beautiful country, except the private property of the looters who are milking this country dry, under the guise of governance.

Why can't we seem to be able to employ a government that truly cares? I care!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by mickyarams: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2014
We Africans are very destructive.White rule in South Africa ended in 1994. It was about ten years later that power outages began, which eventually reached crisis proportions. The principle reason for this is simply lack of maintenance on the generating equipment. In short, there is no such thing as maintenance in Africa thought, and it would be hard to argue that this is wholly unrelated to the fact that when people throughout Africa say “nothing works,” it is only [a slight] exaggeration.
There are structures in Europe that has been standing for over half a millennium and they are still in an immaculate condition.

2 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by ayo4dworld(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
Terrible.... Pathetic Indeed.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2014
This demonstrates the rot of Jonathan's government! The post office is federally funded, and with the clueless government in power, everything in Nigeria will be turned to this sorry post office.

Vote him out! Otueke by trekking!

-CramJones

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Ymodulus: 11:50am On Dec 17, 2014
hahn:
I've been there several time to pick up goods from Germany. Very poorly maintained building, ancient services(there's no single computer for recording shipments), the Nigerian post office DON'T have a website and the staff always keep begging for hand outs like they don't receive salaries.

Another evidence of how ill managed our public institutions are

They do. Say what you know and leave out what you know not or unsure of.

Nipost.gov.ng
You can even track your parcel there

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by seangy4konji: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2014
Let go back to d old skul.

Nigeria still far back mehn. Funny thing is it will still be functional but with low service.

Too bad ooo.

Ps. Looks like 1852 Texas post office.

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by NighttWalker(m): 11:51am On Dec 17, 2014
mickyarams:
Sometimes when I have no idea on what to say on a thread that made FP I just ignore it, friendly advice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omg !! Nigerian Island Girls Are Sleeping With Dogs For #1.5million / How To Make Your Nairaland Android App To Continue Receiving Notifications / What Was The Worst April Fool Played On/by You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.