Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call (13576 Views)

Gtb To Close All Their Branches At 1pm Due To Fuel Scarcity / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! / How I Lost 20,000 Naira To GTB This Holidays :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by articleplux: 11:00am On Dec 31, 2013
It may interest you all to know that it is possible to transfer funds from your GTB account to another GTB account holder just by making a call and following the prompt.
The call is made to GT Connect customer care number which can be found at the back of any GTB ATM card.
I got to know about this when i had trouble accessing GTB online portal and so i decided to call one of the GT Connect numbers.  One of the customer care agent revealed to me that i can actually send money using GT Connect self service.
Although i wasn’t given specific instruction on how to go about it, i successfully manage to transfer funds from my GT account to a clients GT account.

Here is how to go about it.

Requirements:

Make sure your GTB account is activated for online banking by obtaining your login details and token device.

Have enough airtime on the phone which you will be using to make the call. N100 and above is recommended. N50 will be enough when your are familiar with the process.

You can use any phone number to make the transfer even if it is not the number linked to your GTB account.

Now with everything in place (Login details, Token device and Airtime in Phone)
Follow these steps to make the GTB transfer

Call any of the GT Connect numbers at the back of your GTB ATM card.

NEXT: Press 1 to choose English as your preferred language

NEXT: Press 1 to LOGIN

Enter your USERNAME followed by the # key
Enter your PASSWORD followed by the # key
You shall hear your BALANCE after a successful login

NEXT: Press 1 for ACCOUNT

NEXT: Press 1 for CURRENT account or Press 2 for SAVINGS

NEXT: Press 4 for FUND TRANSFER

NEXT: Press 3 for THIRD PARTY ACCOUNT TRANSER

Enter the GTB ACCOUNT NO. you want to transfer funds to, followed by the # key
Enter the AMOUNT, followed by the # key

FINALLY: To complete the transfer you must type in the CODE generated by your token device.

After the token code is entered, the fund is transferred instantly. Both you and the recipient will receive sms alert.

IMPORTANT NOTE
Don’t remain idle for
http://www.techdensity.com/2013/12/gtb-fund-transfer-by-phone-call.html

Fellows what do you thinks about this?
Drop your comments

9 Likes

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by bigtt76(f): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2013
Hmmm ....anoda opportunity for scammers to thrive on in the new year. Why are these banks not learning naaau? What are the checks and balances in place? do they think that only the token would protect the transaction? Oya naaa ...we de watch undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by eluquenson(m): 11:26am On Dec 31, 2013
Modern trend in banking industry....but I hope it has much security cos hackers are not smiling undecided
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by narutop: 12:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
Men thanks, it worked sha...
I dont know if i should be happy or to be afraid.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by doctuw(m): 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
bigtt76: Hmmm ....anoda opportunity for scammers to thrive on in the new year. Why are these banks not learning naaau? What are the checks and balances in place? do they think that only the token would protect the transaction? Oya naaa ...we de watch undecided
Just because fire is a destroyer, does that stop you from cooking with it? It is job of the banks to block loopholes. Scammers will always exist.

2 Likes

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Mecurymann: 10:18am On Jan 03, 2014
narutop: Men thanks, it worked sha...
I dont know if i should be happy or to be afraid.
lol funny guy.
The transfer can only take place after filling the code from your token device.
As long as your login details and token device is well kept, there is nothing to worry about bro.
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by dottywotty: 9:43am On Jan 04, 2014
This will be come handy when internet connection is slow. Op thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by naijacutee(f): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2014
bigtt76: Hmmm ....anoda opportunity for scammers to thrive on in the new year. Why are these banks not learning naaau? What are the checks and balances in place? do they think that only the token would protect the transaction? Oya naaa ...we de watch undecided

I don't understand. How does someone access your account/pass through security, if they haven't got your token to authorise transactions?

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Vicjay1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
Arm robbers will now be like ~so u don't have money at home. oya transfer the money to my account quick quick.

4 Likes

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Marvyx(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
^^ true talk.. Believe me when i say Men of the underworld will utilise this opportunity to the fullest undecided
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by kayswag100(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04, 2014

Aunty, never look at such innovations with scepticism.

they've just made life easier. Haven't you been using Internet banking? It's almost full proof! !!

imagine being on your bed and sending money to your BF? No queues o!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by kayswag100(m): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
doctuw:
Just because fire is a destroyer, does that stop you from cooking with it? It is job of the banks to block loopholes. Scammers will always exist.

oga, where did u come from?

God bless you for your wise words.

Some peeps shld just know that not everything is rocket science.
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by victor4truth(m): 2:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
[mod] Banned for obscene posts
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by mu2sa2: 2:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
You can also do transfers to accounts in another bank using platforms like Uba's Umobile or even atm card. These are convinient alternatives to qeueing for endless hours in the banking hall. Sceptics of the cashless transactions had better have a change of mind otherwise the train will leave them behind.
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Dahslim(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hw una day? Api new year.
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by OCTAVO: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmmmmmm... I don't like this!
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by tuasefemi(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
That's more reason I like this generation I find myself. Gone are the days in the 90s when u can only withdraw money from the actual branch of the bank u opened your account!
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by daylae(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
internet banking is good enough. Now you don't even need internet access to send money. . .even better. The process is safe,as long as the user is not careless.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by hotmas911(m): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by gabbytabby: 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2014

I understand your fear but you have to also know that it means that you are limiting yourself from making use of opportunities around you. It is better to measure your risk in an objective way and try with little money first and if you are comfortable take more risk.

A lot of 9ja's are so scared of their shadow that they refuse to venture outside and stay indoors. Often times staying indoors also cost you money. Bottom line is nothing comes to meet you inside your house and it is who dares wins. You just need to not be reckless.

I did a long winded transaction recently trying to send money home and I got charged 25 pounds for the pleasure. I decided to use my token and got it done in 5 minutes in the comfort of my home and saved myself 25 pounds at the same time. Both parties got alert straight away.

There are also a lot of nay sayers and unfortunately they have convinced themselves that nothing will work. What I always do is ask them why and then you realise they have no clue about what they are talking about. I try to encourage them by suggesting that they at least investigate options on how it can be overcomed and I suggest options for them to explore. This helps me to get things done. We need more people to have a can do approach and it can be done attitude else we stagnate.

A sign of maturity is the ability to get past your problems and find a solution to them.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by frainc(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
lost wallet
i found the wallet

www.nairaland.com/1579616/lost-wallet
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
I don't care about the new service. I only have one question.

Can users who do not wish to use this service sort of limit their accounts from being able to perform this type of transfer?

Too much "Ease of Access" can become "Ease of theft".

Internet Banking is sufficient for me though.
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by usmanktg2(m): 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
I thought it was voice call angry
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Adetula1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
tanks.your information would help alot.
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by emmahoney(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nice one but using quickteller is far better than this. Just log on to www.quickteller.com and register with the site. U can transfer to 90percent of banks in Nigeria. You can also buy recharge card, pay for cable TVs, pay for flight and a lots more. Buying recharge card does not incur extra charges but money transfer, tv cable payment etc requires extra 100naira convenience charge. All the information needed are inscribed on your ATM card. The site works perfectly with androids and Blackberries.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by yogun(f): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
naijacutee:

I don't understand. How does someone access your account/pass through security, if they haven't got your token to authorise transactions?

see question!!!
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by adezjamz(m): 5:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ok, thanks
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by adezjamz(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
naijacutee:

Are you kidding me?
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by RexioKlasik(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmm, its good but d problem is dat der wud always b problem of fraud n scammers,except the security is like at its top gear,but even at that,dese hackers wudnt jx stop..
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Munzakah(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
It makes transaction faster. it's a welcome development
Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by BJ0SE(m): 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2014
I think it's an alternative way of bankiing,Diamond Bank also offers that service but ur transaction is limited to 250K only

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call by Chekitaut: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
This bank is as great as CBN, even CBN dont hv the facilities with GTbank, what a Bank...God bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Sinks To Record Low At N420 Against Dollar / Nigeria To Get First Gold Refinery In Ogun / Benefactor Of Benefactors: RATTAWU Honours Chief Kenneth Ifekudu With Man Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.