Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? (547 Views)

Reply To BB Users By Android Users / Etisalat's New Method Of Ripping Off BB Users! Don't Be Caught Unawares!!! / ~~plz Help Bb Users Plz Ooo!~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by ibullem(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2013
For the record, I use a blackberry phone, only cos it was a gift from a special person.

Well this Is a kind of literature review, so we know am dealing with facts smiley

BlackBerry delivers (Z & Q series), but
its struggles continue.

BlackBerry made a last-ditch
effort toward the end of January 2013 to keep its iconic product line alive in a
smartphone market dominated by the
iPhone and Android-based devices.

As it launched a new operating system,
the company formerly known as RIM
tried to broaden the BlackBerry brand's
appeal from enterprise users to
consumers when it introduced the
touchscreen Z10 alongside the Q10,
which featured a traditional qwerty
keyboard.

But our Feb. 11 cartoon
suggested that, at best, the new offering would just keep the company on life support.

That analysis seemed to hold up: In
August, as its OS market share fell
below that of Windows Phone, BlackBerry formed a committee to
explore options that included selling the
company.

Source: www.computerworld.com/slideshow/detail/131254/2013--The-tech-year-in-cartoons#slide2

Barring all these, with the facts that blackberry phones come in highly inflated prices, plus u can't skype, use instagram or watch FLV or MKV files, & do so many other fun stuffs, what is so exciting about a blackberry?

I'd appreciate an Android Tecno to a Blackberry anytime, anyday.
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
U said bro, u said it
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by samsard(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
1; its the most secure smartphone OS (be it BB10 or older versions) but of course how many people would really need the high-grade data encryption that it offers.
2; Cheap data + data compression (You should know about BIS)
3; Some people are elitists and they think its a phone for the 'elites' (I mean brand name)
4; ignorance
We could go on and on
N.B BB10 devices can side-load android apps e.g Instagram et al
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by Youngpo413: 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Only in naija
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by hamedade2000(m): 1:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thanks for the Info...U myt as well Toss ur blackberry into d lagoon!!!
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by ibullem(m): 8:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
samsard: 1; its the most secure smartphone OS (be it BB10 or older versions) but of course how many people would really need the high-grade data encryption that it offers.
2; Cheap data + data compression (You should know about BIS)
3; Some people are elitists and they think its a phone for the 'elites' (I mean brand name)
4; ignorance
We could go on and on
N.B BB10 devices can side-load android apps e.g Instagram et al

U got really interesting points here.

I learnt Obama uses a blackberry recommended by NSA as the most secured.

But in view of all these Snooping by MI6, NSA & the likes, security is more of an illusion now.
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by ibullem(m): 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
hamedade2000: Thanks for the Info...U myt as well Toss ur blackberry into d lagoon!!!

Here is a sarcastic one grin
Re: Why Do BB Users Feel So Important, Despite The Company Being Considered 4sale? by samsard(m): 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
ibullem:

U got really interesting points here.

I learnt Obama uses a blackberry recommended by NSA as the most secured.

But in view of all these Snooping by MI6, NSA & the likes, security is more of an illusion now.
Yea, they probably only need to get the encryption keys from RIM(Read up somewhere on the net that some Arab countries partially have the keys)I guess its a necessary evil to curb terrorism

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best And Worst Text You Have Received So Far / 3 Most Likely Reasons Why Your Phone Cannot Connect To The Internet / Get Latest Gadgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.