Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... - Education (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (824892 Views)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2014/2015 HND Admission Process / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 National Diploma Admission List Is Out!!! / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Modewap great insight you've got there.... God bless for helping peeps out
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 3:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
modewap: PrinceCEE.. Opt for industrial & Production Engineering, it is a double honour.

=> I think mechanical is kind of completely different from productions. same courses might be offered from 100-300level. but theres vivid difference in 400level. Because by then, you get to strictly face what u are studying...

But In a situation where by One does Mechanical Nd product. thats double honour Two in one degree. both its really over load.

In my school, lectures tell the students that 2.1 @ the course is equal to 1st class in any mech eng in any naija university. ATBU is only uni that does such a crazy combo except from Enugu state uni i think. But here is really mad!

=> Production Engineering stands on it own. Under prd.engine, u have Manufacturing and Industrial. Mechanical to me,falls under manufacturing engineering,cox it involves Design and fabrication. While industrial deals with management of people/engineer in d industry. Industrial also involves operation research,i.e looking 4 better means of carry out tasks and jobs without compromising the Standards. In other news,production Engineering is the mother of all engineering,cos it encompasses all engineering.I stand to be corrected
tanx for the info

bt can I change to mech eng in 200l
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 3:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Marc9: If I cld give up my admission for any of these two young men, I wld! They really deserve to be in UI next session! I love their charisma!
Man, to think I have some extra 19 points when awesome peeps here need only 1 or 2 is giving me sleepless night... Been trying to get into my uncle's head to get some info outta him, he seems to be tight lipped.. Sadly
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by bobolizim(m): 3:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
guys d coc is now going tru but its brought a link for me to edit my biodata....wt am i gonna do
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
bobolizim: guys d coc is now going tru but its brought a link for me to edit my biodata....wt am i gonna do
whats ur score bro

#teamMBBS
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by bobolizim(m): 3:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceCEE: whats ur score bro

#teamMBBS
70%,I wanna opt for another course but i dont wt d link is bringing....it directed to d page i uses to reg for the postume
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by modewap: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Adedayo516: Modewap great insight you've got there.... God bless for helping peeps out
You're welcome bro

PrinceCEE: tanx for the info
bt can I change to mech eng in 200l
i'm not a clairvoyant, i cannot tell what the future will holds. You might like the course and decide not to cross again.. But the factors Mr marc9 stated are real about D.E and so on.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Marc9: If I cld give up my admission for any of these two young men, I wld! They really deserve to be in UI next session! I love their charisma!

Ifyx is already a student of OAU.

So, he won't accept 'any' course given to him by UI.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Afolabi6046: See this guy o
Ar u not d same dude that rants 'First and the Best' all over NL? grin
Awww! don't tell me u don't like UI anymore
I told u

Yes! They are still First and the best, I never retracted my word but when someone is angry, he spits vulgar words against what he love most. So, don't take my statement as a hatred for UI.

No matter what, OAU can never be like UI. That quack school living on their past glory.

I'ld rather accept a low life course than do Pharmacy in OAU. grin

Afolabi6046: So u want UI to accommodate 5000students in those small halls and theatres? only OAU can do that...6200+...nd it's bcus everything here are big.

Small halls bawo? Have you been to UI lecture halls before? So, you are hyping that 'congested sweaty jampacked classroom' that the so-called Great Ife is using, huh? Tell me more nigga! undecided

OAU will continue leaving in past glory and trailing behind UI.

Shitty Ife. grin

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by am0s(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
why no link for d change of course dey respond
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by zenti99(m): 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yes! They are still First and the best, I never retracted my word but when someone is angry, he spits vulgar words against what he love most. So, don't take my statement as a hatred for UI.

No matter what, OAU can never be like UI. That quack school living on their past glory.

Small halls bawo? Have you been to UI lecture halls before? So, you are hyping that 'congested sweaty jampacked classroom' that the so-called Great Ife is using, huh? Tell me more nigga! undecided

Shitty Ife. grin
guy no talk that one o although i prefer ui to o.a.u due to some reasons but as matter of fact when talking about buildings and structure i mean mad structures,o.a.u beat ui hands down 4 dat aspect

4 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by treasuregr8(f): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
Can ui offer one a course even without COC
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Lexxybooy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
treasuregr8: Can ui offer one a course even without COC
not @al, dos of us doin it sef is nt 100% guaranted, jes prayn 4 God's Grace. Wot woz ur initial course,wot did u score &wots ur jamb combo,mayb i culd advice on course 2 change 2,if u dnt mynd
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
treasuregr8: Can ui offer one a course even without COC
It depends on certain factors like cut off/score proximity, and course quota. If for example u chose a course with course quota of 50, with cut-off of 60, and ur score was 59, if d number of candidates dat scored 60 above was 38, den it means there's a 12-candidate deficit on d quota. In such case, Jamb cld oblige by including d name of dat candidate with those dat made d cut-off, since the quota is under-utilize. But candidates with significant cut off/score disparity(i.e lower score as against cut off), UI wld nt oblige such candidates by throwing dem into fall back courses! In other words, UI wld nt offer any candidate automatic fall back course
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Bravoosii: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Actually, you can be offered a course even if you didn't apply for the coc. I know quite a number from last year. You should apply though, to be on a safer side. And a lot of people will be given courses they didn't change to.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Can that C.O.C be done on a phone device? It's giving me my bio-data to edit and asking me to upload another picture.

E jor e help me o.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Bravoosii: Actually, you can be offered a course even if you didn't apply for the coc. I know quite a number from last year. You should apply though, to be on a safer side. And a lot of people will be given courses they didn't change to.

Last year, they/we sent Email to Ugadmission and probably they didn't care to make use of it.

This year, we are gonna edit our bio-data. undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Bravoosii: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
FrancisTony:

Last year, they/we sent Email to Ugadmission and probably they didn't care to make use of it.

This year, we are gonna edit our bio-data. undecided
Oh? My bad then.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
ABEG THE COC ADDRESS DEY CARRY PERSON TO BIO-DATA WETIN MAN FOR DO NOW
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
ABEG WHO AS SUCCESSFULLY CHANGED HIS/HER COURSE
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by treasuregr8(f): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tnx to Marc, lexxy and bravo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Dapo777: Do you guys not see What Ui is doing? They are forcing agricultural courses on students whether they like it or not. I think Ui is trying to build up the agricultural section of the country by force,probably as a directive from FG.

Who agrees with me?

When you and I ignored it nko tonguetongue
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by am0s(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
veri funny ow sombdy jez wake up early monday mornin jez to f*uck my world
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceCEE: there is dis question bothering me. Some courses like pharm, Bds, mech eng, EE, pet, mbbs and others were not listed. Does it mean that the UME quota allocated to those courses have been filled

Reasonable question! In addition to your question; how come they have 2nd list when first batch list must have contained all merit applicants
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceCEE: To my unanswered questions in the preceeding page, pls explicit answer is needed to help a brother.

To my ogas, is someone offering physics eligible for NLNG, Shell/Chevron, Agbami, NNPC et al scholarship scheme

**chanting.... Ole ole ole! Thief thief thief**

Yeah, I'm sure of Chevron, Mobil, TOTAL, SHELL etc, once one crosses, one's scholarship will be terminated tonguetongue Hey I'm serious about that.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
PrinceCEE: marc, a very big thumb up to u gan. It's easier said than done bt tenacious being that re optimistically oriented can make 7.0 cgpa making it much easier for them to cross over

And a department will be willing to leave a 7•0 CGPA student? It barely happens. It implies leaving the best student to another department that will later over shine the former on graduation day; with the latter having the best grads (that's how it looks in UI). You need to come to grips with your plan
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Marc9: If only u guys understood hw cross over works, and its dilemma.

If after 100level, a candidate got a CGPA of 6.00 - 7.00, do u expect d his H.O.D to approve d release/transfer of his best student to another dept? It's gona require a lot of presidential plea for that to happen.

Bt den, if the same candidate got a lower CPGA, well d H.O.D mite just approve his release. But wld his desired dept accept him? They may consider him a liability since his CGPA is nt too impressive. It's like being btw d devil and d deep blue sea!

For now, just make sure u grab a fall back course, den u can deliberate on cross over afterward!

Dunno you've done justice to the quote.... You're highly informed..... Thumbs up brother!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Afolabi6046: So u want UI to accommodate 5000students in those small halls and theatres? only OAU can do that...6200+...nd it's bcus everything here are big.

OAU boy cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 29, 2014
FrancisTony:

Shitty Ife. grin
and u wud spend the rest of ur life as a low life grin
pay a visit to Ogba Femi....i've been to UI several times kee..i stay in the ancient city...wen UI shows u more 'pepper' , u wud stop marketing her cheesy

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 29, 2014
who has successfully done COC?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 29, 2014
Hmm

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 29, 2014
Afolabi6046: and u wud spend the rest of ur life as a low life grin
pay a visit to Ogba Femi....i've been to UI several times kee..i stay in the ancient city...wen UI shows u more 'pepper' , u wud stop marketing her cheesy

Wow! Your thinking is shallow and myopic. I didn't expect you to showcase your ignorance like this on an educational thread.

So, the course you studied is what determines your success in life? undecided

If so, why are Doctors and Lawyers not the richest? grin

P.S- They are being paid by people that studied Zoology, Economics, Sociology, Political Science, uneducated(s) etc cheesy *cheesy* tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (680) (Reply)

2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.