Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... - Education (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (827865 Views)

The Polytechnic Of Ibadan 2014/2015 HND Admission Process / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 National Diploma Admission List Is Out!!! / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2014/2015 Admission Processes For Prelim, ND And HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by HouseOfBalloons(f): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: Truth be told: UI is a myopic school. In their bid to standardise the school in fairness, transparency, and so on, they ended up flopping the process.

1st of all, the school has trivialised JAMB, using only their post-utme for admission! Now what's d essence for candidates studying hard and scoring high in UTME since all UI requires is mere "200+" , afterward, their UTME is dumped in a trash bin?!

2nd of all, the school is subtly compelling candidates to derail or "port" frm their dream courses to unrelated courses, disguised as fall-back courses!

3rd of all, they say matriculated students cannot "re-matriculate" in the same university. So, an MBBS candidate dat missed out with just a 2-score trail, and was offered fisheries as fall back course, in d event he decides to seek solace in d fall back course, it means he'll nt be allowed to try again in d same school?! That's like transmutating people's dreams to Nightmares

Truth be told: If UI was a lady, I'd have given her a hot slap to re-align her sense of reasoning! angry
1. Jamb in Nigeria is marred by malpractice. 2. Every university in Nigeria offers candidates the option of fall back/supplementary/change of course and UI is not forcing anybody to do it. 3. UI is not the only federal school that doesn't allow people to matriculate twice.

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2014
rkarang:

**chanting.... Ole ole ole! Thief thief thief**

Yeah, I'm sure of Chevron, Mobil, TOTAL, SHELL etc, once one crosses, one's scholarship will be terminated tonguetongue Hey I'm serious about that.
no it cant be naaaaa. embarassed

How could they terminate it if the person maintains a good cgpa
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 7:46am On Aug 29, 2014
rkarang:

And a department will be willing to leave a 7•0 CGPA student? It barely happens. It implies leaving the best student to another department that will later over shine the former on graduation day; with the latter having the best grads (that's how it looks in UI). You need to come to grips with your plan
they shouldn't think like that naaaa.

The person staying back for the course he detests could impede their academic success cos the zeal and gusto to read the course isn't there anymore.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Afolabi6046- I stay in ancient city of Oyo.

No wonder your brain is brown. undecided undecided I give up!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by PrinceCEE(m): 7:50am On Aug 29, 2014
zenti99: guy no talk that one o although i prefer ui to o.a.u due to some reasons but as matter of fact when talking about buildings and structure i mean mad structures,o.a.u beat ui hands down 4 dat aspect
are u in school to study structures Smh

when it comes to maintenance, neatness and academics, UI has no parallel

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 29, 2014
HouseOfBalloons: 1. Jamb in Nigeria is marred by malpractice. 2. Every university in Nigeria offers candidates the option of fall back/supplementary/change of course and UI is not forcing anybody to do it. 3. UI is not the only federal school that doesn't allow people to matriculate twice.
Likewise wld JAMB allege dat UI's post-utme was marred by incompetence and flaws!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 8:00am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9...Man the deed is done... Everybody can't make it in, in every contest there would always be a side that think it was fair and another that thinks it wasn't, sadly .... If anyone wanted to study medicine or law or any other 'big' course, they knew what they were getting into(the most sought after courses in the school), I am sure they all didn't expect it to be a piece of cake too...

It's a game man.. I am sure you know... In a game of chess you can win in 4 moves and you can also win in 20 or more moves... It all depends on your mastery of the game... Question is, have y'all mastered this admission game yet?

Think about it, don't waste your time.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: Likewise wld JAMB allege dat UI's post-utme was marred by incompetence and flaws! I can tell u dat JAMB CBT was flawless! smiley
CBT wasn't flawless... ***smiles*** we know how this things work... But that's all am saying...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Ifyx(m): 8:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Chai

lng tym fellaz! cheesy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2014
Adedayo516: Marc9...Man the deed is done... Everybody can't make it in, in every contest there would always be a side that think it was fair and another that thinks it wasn't, sadly .... If anyone wanted to study medicine or law or any other 'big' course, they knew what they were getting into(the most sought after courses in the school), I am sure they all didn't expect it to be a piece of cake too...

It's a game man.. I am sure you know... In a game of chess you can win in 4 moves and you can also win in 20 or more moves... It all depends on your mastery of the game... Question is, have y'all mastered this admission game yet?

Think about it, don't waste your time.
Don't mind me jare! I was just drinking panadol for other people's headache! Just dat I'm saddened by d quandary guys on dis thread are facing, cos I really wanted dem all to get their desired courses!

Well, like I always say..... Champions are nt those who didn't fall, but those who fell and bounced right back! smiley.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Ifyx(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Adedayo516: Ifyx, proton.... Where are you guys at??
baba mi
been busy oo,hope u'r gr8
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Ifyx(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: If I cld give up my admission for any of these two young men, I wld! They really deserve to be in UI next session! I love their charisma!
cry
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2014
Ifyx: baba mi
been busy oo,hope u'r gr8
Really doing good man... Getting my acts together for school next year.... I heard you ain't showing up here anymore?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 8:21am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: Don't mind me jare! I was just drinking panadol for other people's headache! Just dat I'm saddened by d quandary guys on dis thread are facing, cos I really wanted dem all to get their desired courses!

Well, like I always say..... Champions are nt those who didn't fall, but those who fell and bounced right back! smiley.
I hope someone is gonna take note of the second part of this post...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nastydroid(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2014
FrancisTony: Afolabi6046- I stay in ancient city of Oyo.

No wonder your brain is brown. undecided undecided I give up!!
shocked
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Happy birthday to a special friend. wink

Pharm. Mhiz Kunmee a.ka. Kumpharm

Wishing you long life and prosperity. kiss Have a blast dearie.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2014
please has anyone successfully done this coc stuff
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Okay

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 29, 2014
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: Chizzy and Adedayo, una go like vie for SUG post later on? I gat ur backs! smiley
SUG... Ain't nobody got time for that??.. Man, SUG is bulls**T..

I just want to lay low, make money, connect, learn!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by rkarang: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2014
PrinceCEE: no it cant be naaaaa. embarassed

How could they terminate it if the person maintains a good cgpa

They will, cos it will be stated that you must complete your academic prog in that particular field (i.e the department in which you used in applying).
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Adedayo516: SUG... Ain't nobody got time for that??.. Man, SUG is bulls**T..

I just want to lay low, make money, connect, learn!!
Owo SUG dun gan ni! Bt den, anyhow we make money, its always welcomed!

Like I always say.... Money is welcomed even if it comes in a dirty sack! smiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: Owo SUG dun gan ni! Bt den, anyhow we make money, its always welcomed!

Like I always say.... Money is welcomed even if it comes in a dirty sack! smiley
SUG money comes with a price... Your CGPA!!!!....

Dirty....It depends on how dirty wink... But then, we all know the more dirty the more......... *sips coke*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Seylad2009(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2014
Best of Luck to all candidates
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2014
Hmm
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: I guess u don't knw d gimmicks den! Let me explain my technique!

I hardly read books, I dnt hv time to sit for hours reading. So I devised a perfect way to stay intellectual. Rather dan spend hours reading texbooks, I spend minutes reading my nerdy friends dat hv read their books. In other words, they read....den I read them! I tease dem, they begin to pour out summaries of d topic they've read, I zap the summaries in my head, and I'm informed! I do dat to 5 of d nerdy friends, each pours out his own summary, I end up zapping more collective summaries dan each of dem! At d end, I'l score higher dan dem! Lol! Menh, its good to hv sense eh! Lol smiley
it works for you, it won't work for everyone

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 29, 2014
Adedayo516: it works for you, it won't work for everyone
U jst reminded me of wat I always say

Like I used to say.... The crow dat mimics a sea gull will drown!

It's true, it mite nt work for others.

Oh well, ona kan' o wo oja(A road doesn't lead to d market)! smiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by Adedayo516(m): 10:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Marc9: U jst reminded me of wat I always say

Like I used to say.... The crow dat mimics a sea gull will drown!

It's true, it mite nt work for others.

Oh well, ona kan' o wo oja(A road doesn't lead to d market)! smiley
Gbam!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by kel95: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2014
oooooo boi nah PolyIbadan sure pass oooo.... ui Bleep me up.... PolyIbadan here i cum.....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by eduardo36(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2014
hi peepz,pls help a fellow frnd he put in 4 pol sci bt unable to meet d coff so he decided to gun in for edu bt does nt knw which course 2 put in 4 in edu......ur advise is needed plz
Re: University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... by mitshell: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2014
Guys pls, does the COC require money? if Yes, how much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (680) (Reply)

2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread / University Of Ibadan 2015/16 Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.