Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,869 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid (992 Views)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / Dr Sid feat. Don Jazzy, Wizkid and Phyno - Surulere Remix / Timaya New Album Review "dem Mama Soujas" What Do You Guys Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid by tnature: 7:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
[img]http://4.bp..com/-E8OYLbSqFnY/UrRa80aEUZI/AAAAAAAADxU/FVblBLlBcsk/s400/SIDUCTION-ART.jpg[/img]

Straight to business. No time to waste time!!

Surulere: This slow paced master groove by Dr Sid. It sets the right tone for this album. Featuring Don Jazzy on the hook took the track to a whole new level. The sound of the drums gives it the required feel for a street jam. Surulere means "patience is profitable" as Dr Sid sings about how profitable it is to be patient in this world of many vices. 9/10.

Princess Kate: Produced by Baby Fresh for Mavin records. This is a decent jam of a faster pace than Surulere. A very catchy chorus "I want you to know girl, I cant live a day without you, I cant go nowhere without you..." The beat is a very simple one from baby fresh (one of the in house producers on the Mavin label). I think its a decent track. 7.5/10

Nwayi Oma: I'm not a big fan of auto tune and I felt it on the track all the way but I would not take the fact that since the production is laced with electronika then auto tune could be a good tool. Emma Nyra has a good voice and I would think she needs no auto tune for her voice. Nice tune … 7/10

Lady Don Dada: Don Jazzy on the hook on this one again. His semi-smooth voice kinda has its own effect on every track he features on. This groovy track starts off sounding electronika laced until the drums come in. The mixed feel of the beats is one of the reasons why Don Jazzy is one of the best at this business. The tempo on the verses definitely makes it a club jam. Head bumping track ….. 7.5/10

The D: This track has the full effect of the drums and Dr. Sid was referring to "grin" as in "doe" which we call "Money." Almost sounding like Timaya on this track though. This is not one of my favorite on the album but it is still decent. 7/10

Talented: This song was already popular before the album release. At this point, the songs are beginning to sound similar to me which is the problem I have with Nigerian albums; they begin to sing about the same thing….a woman, a party, dance for me, or pop something. We begin to lose the story around track 5 on most albums. But if you appreciate production of beats and sounds on a track, this still works for you. 7/10

The chicken and Egg: The tempo drops on this one. One good thing about this album over the likes of "Baddest Guy Ever Liveth" has to be the sound engineering and mixing. Olamide's album, even though it was a dope, sounded like a mix tape straight from the studio. Chicken and egg is a sexual allegory with a little ambiguity depending on how you listen to it. 6/10

Oyari: I like this song especially because Tiwa Savage is on it ***winks. The song starts with a "praise and worship" beat….. properly mastered to deliver the necessary effect of a mid-tempo pop song. 8/10

Dr Lover: I have always said it that Ice Prince sounds better on other people's songs than his own and he deliver a powerful rap verse on this one. The Aboki delivery seems to be Ice Prince's trademark these days. If that is his strong point then there is no harm in staying in that line. And let me say his verse sets this track apart.....7.5/10

Baby Tornado: One of the tracks that hit the airwaves long before the release of the album. It is really nice track even though it has similar theme with "Talented" and "Princess Kate". Don Jazzy's input on the bridge no get mate though……and the whistling too. This is a super jam and wait till you hear the remix. You'll appreciate the guitars somewhere on this production if you listen closely…8/10

Kilon Wa: Switch in tempo, if you were listening to this album numerically. Drums well pronounced. Probably the only thing that stood out for me about the song. He basically sounded like D'Banj in my ears. 6/10

Chop Ogbono: The difference between a Don Jazzy Beat and that of any producer out there is how he invests in various sounds on a single track. Those sounds set aside the track even if the artiste is singing nonsense. Another producer that does as much would be D'Tunes. I don't know what "Ogbono"means oooo even my mind is telling several things it could mean. If you just wanna dance, this is a groovy track that will set you off real fast….7.5

Love Mine: Autotune aside, this is a feel good song. I took sometime off at this point and this song kept playing in my head. This is what good music should be like…..but I trust that majority will feel otherwise because it is not the regular "jukpa jukpa"…..8/10

Get Over Me: The title speaks for itself. That is exactly what the song is about. 14 tracks and we can effectively conclude that Dr Sids rap days are past him….He is more of a Naija Pop Artiste now! This song sounds like a chick favorite with a catchy chorus "My Boo is hotter than you". With similar progression like "Love Mine" but a little more electronika infused. 7.5

Last bus stop: Tempo raised again and I love how this song played out. Blaze is the producer and I must say this is good music and it is a sure way to bring the groove back. This would definitely be played at weddings in 2014. My favorite so far! 8/10

Siduction: This track was produced by Altim for Mavin. It's a decent tune….. Moving on! 7/10

Baby Tornado Remix: the original one was a blast and now Alexandra took it to another level …almost making me think the babe is Nigerian. She blended so well on her verse, that is what we call talent. Well done Love doctor, well done Don Jazzy, Well done Alexandra…8.5/10

Surulere Remix: Collabo explosion! With Phyno, Wizkid and Don Jazzy on one track, I hope you weren't expecting any less. I'd have to go learn Igbo language because of Phyno, he makes the language so sweet to the ears. Surulere has to be the highlight of this Album with a 10/10 in every aspect; Production, mixing, progression, theme and delivery....9/10

Chocolate: Don Jazzy your beat….Sarkodie massacre like kebab. Ice prince sef did no carry last on this wicked tune. Very nice track…8/10

Afefe: Also came out long before the album…… Afefe means "breeze" or "wind" if I am not wrong. Dr Sid sings to the babe that he wants to cool her down because she is too hot. Another very high tempo joint to round up a sweet work by Dr Sid. 7/10

Dr Sid is far from his HipHop roots and more of a Pop Artiste. You can tell he has grown through his music and he delivers a more matured sound. If this would be as successful as the "Over The Moon" album, only time will tell.

Altogether, this is good music although I feel it does not carry varying theme and messages. (except for Surulere). Most tracks were centered around women and sex appeal and all those kind of things.

I would always compare every album this year with Brymo's. In my opinion, that is the most complete Nigerian album I have heard this year. Only jesse jag's comes close.

Siduction is definitely a good one y'all should get. You will enjoy the good feeling it brings.

Source - http://www.infonubia.com/2013/12/album-review-siduction-dr-sid.html

Also check on Reminisce's Alaga Ibile album review
Re: Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid by horlajide: 9:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Tnature you hv always been generous with your ratings in reviews yet being a little tightfisted few times will do little or no harm. I stumbled on [url]tooxclusive.com[/url]'s review some days ago, must say it was overly and unnecessarily harsh-almost sounded like the author had a personal vendetta with Dr. Sid(though I won't deny that some bits of truth are in the review). Having listened to many of the singles included in the album such as:

SURULERE - Great song with a meaning
LADY DON DADA - Suitable and appropriate for that "move your body moment"
TALENTED - Titled "talented" yet ironically a mediocre song
CHOCOLATE - Good try. "Sing along" type of song
LOVE MINE - Personally, I looooove this!
BABY TORNADO REMIX - Brilliant effort. Wonderful alliance with Alexandre Burke
SURULERE REMIX- With the heavyweights on this, c'mmon it just has to be right
I'm disinterested about AFEFE and BABY TORNADO

Honestly I am not enthusiastic about getting the album and doubt if I would ever get it. Truth be told, It seems I've heard it all from the dentist
Re: Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid by tnature: 9:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
horlajide: Tnature you always been generous with your ratings in reviews yet being a little tightfisted few times will do little or no harm. I stumbled on [url]tooxclusive.com[/url]'s review some days ago, must say it was overly and unnecessarily harsh-almost sounded like the author had a personal vendetta with Dr. Sid(though I won't deny that some bits of truth are in the review). Having listened to many of the singles included in the album such as:

SURULERE - Great song with a meaning
LADY DON DADA - Suitable and appropriate for that "move your body moment"
TALENTED - Titled "talented" yet ironically a mediocre song
LOVE MINE - Personally, I looooove this!
BABY TORNADO REMIX - Brilliant effort. Wonderful alliance with Alexandre Burke
SURULERE - With the heavyweights on this, c'mmon it just has to be right
I'm disinterested about AFEFE and BABY TORNADO

The truth however is that I am not enthusiastic about getting the album and doubt if I would ever get it.

Good observation Sir. Point taken. Thanks for adding your input. Happy New Year!
Re: Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid by horlajide: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
tnature:

Good observation Sir. Point taken. Thanks for adding your input. Happy New Year!
Cheers
Re: Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid by tnature: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
Guys, what do you think about the review?
Re: Album Review: Siduction - Dr Sid by McOsheBaba(m): 12:35am On Oct 24, 2014
You too dey dash points.

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Nigerian 'ONE HIT WONDERS' / Nigerian Music Genre Is Not WACK / Video:lydia Jazmine, Kiss Daniel & Bahati: Sheri Coke Studio Africa{video}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.