Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. (685 Views)

New Disturbing Trends On NL / A Section On Nairaland That You've Never Visited / Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Akshow: 7:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Let me start by saying a very big haaaaaaapppppy haaaaaaappppppy new year to all nairalanders home and abroad. May this year be a wonderful and properous year for us (in the name of whatever u believe in).

As they say, "new year, new things and new resolutions" below are list of things I feel are no longer trendy and are on the verge of becoming a total nuisance so I want them to die a silent dead.

# first to comment aka (ftc). For those who are new to nairaland, there is that possibility of mistaking (fct) for the federal capital territory. Its far from that. Its a trend which started innocently but has far outlived his usefulness on this forum. The annoying part is the long epistle some nairalanders accompany it with. Pls, pls and pls, this na new year, let's be creative and do away with the silly first to comment thing.

# space booking. Similar to (fct) is the space booking shait. Some nairalanders scout about for topics that are likely to make front page and make silly comments or make no comment at all jus to book space. This is done in several ways. Some jus put a period (.) While others categorically reply "booked". My people, biko this is new year, no need for this childish rush. As the saying goes, the sky is big enough for all birds to fly at same time suffice to say nairaland is big enough to accommodate everybody's comment.

#The "rate my picture/na me handsome most issue". Hmmmmmm where do I begin on this. It is a common thing to see full grown adult misbehaving on a public forum by posting their photo for people to rate them. The funny thing is that nairalanders insult and make fun of such poster. Pls pls and pls, if its not absolutely necessary we don't wanna see ur ugly pix taken in ugly places. Mr olodo take note.

#go and die. I don't need to tell y'all its not nice to make fun of people's predicament. Dan Allah, make una let the phrase die natural death cos its becoming tiring.

# e bigots and tribal e warriors. I have one question for y'all who thrive in cursing and instigating unnecessary tribal bashing, can u proudly tell all ur friends ur username on nairaland? The venom and hate I have seen displayed on this forum is sickening. I have since learnt not take anyone serious cos my best friends and collegues at work are from all nigerian tribes. Ejo ni tori Olorun, this na new year. Let's see pass ethnic and religious bigotry.

I've still got many things on my mind to say but I'm typing with a phone so I can't say much. I'm leaving well wishers to pls drop theirs. Long live myself, long live nairaland, long live Nigeria. (Overlook all errors. No time to prove read)
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Enegod(m): 7:35am On Jan 01, 2014
undecided
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Coldfaya(m): 7:50am On Jan 01, 2014
All these, though kinda annoying atimes makes NL interesting n fun. Take all of 'em out n its a kill joy.

Happy nu year
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by badmeat(m): 8:27am On Jan 01, 2014
sad,undecided
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by NosoChic: 8:27am On Jan 01, 2014
SPACE RESERVED grin
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Abbey2sam(m): 8:39am On Jan 01, 2014
Picture or it didn't happen
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Akshow: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
Una no get comment write join?
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Akshow: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
Abbey2sam: Picture or it didn't happen
are u on d right thread?
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Akshow: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
NosoChic: SPACE RESERVED grin
if the go let am reach front page abi? Lol. Come to think of it, its long I made front page o.
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
I agree with all except the rate my picture own.
Re: Trends On Nairaland That Have To Die Away With 2013. by ogbonge9grian: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2014
Front page

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming / The Gathering Of Uniuyo Miss... / this story too long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.