Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) (704 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Which Religion Was Practised During The Pre-islamic Period In The Arab Countries / Muslims Denounce Mumbai Attackers As Enemy Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by teemy(m): 11:52am On Jan 01, 2014
To My Nairaland Enemy: Let There Be Peace

People hurt us and we have also hurt others as well either intententionally or without conscious efforts by words or actions.

Here on nairaland it is more by written text and more predominantly done in the Politics and Religion Sections. Someone(s) could have directly/indirectly made a comment that is rude or demeaning or silently insulting and our natural man instincts are to respond adequately and precisely by delivering a few pieces of our minds.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will leave us all blind and toothless. Irrespective of the justification, it is time to bury the hatchet and start relations afresh and this time ignore/overlook text bombs as we aspire to pass on our position in debates professionally without igniting conflicts.

However, an unreserved apology to freshen things up would not be out of place as you pass on the palm wine of friendship and eraze old scores. Ego and hurt atimes makes this a hard thing to do but let us use this thread as an avenue to make the Naira Land a better professional forum as we all live as peacekeepers.

Sample
"Dear fellownairalander, I am sorry for the past antaginism in out past clashes of interests. I have also forgiven you for all perceived injustice and I believe it is time to forget the past. I still believe we will still have conflicts in our beliefs but from henceforth my interactions and responses will be with accorded respect of your person. I wish you will honor same. Wishing you a great 2014. - Me"

Hope all your plans are set and aspirations for 2014 are in top gear with preassigned targets. e.g I promised myself to post this piece by 12 noon and target was accomplished.

To y'all, have a Great 2014
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by chiefololade: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
We can be one... Peace
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by deols(f): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
This is good.

let there be peace, people!!

wink
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
teemy: People hurt us and we have also hurt others as well either intententionally or without conscious efforts by words or actions.

Here on nairaland it is more by written text and more predominantly done in the Politics and Religion Sections. Someone(s) could have directly/indirectly made a comment that is rude or demeaning or silently insulting and our natural man instincts are to respond adequately and precisely by delivering a few pieces of our minds.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will leave us all blind and toothless. Irrespective of the justification, it is time to bury the hatchet and start relations afresh and this time ignore/overlook text bombs as we aspire to pass on our position in debates professionally without igniting conflicts.

However, an unreserved apology to freshen things up would not be out of place as you pass on the palm wine of friendship and eraze old scores. Ego and hurt atimes makes this a hard thing to do but let us use this thread as an avenue to make the Naira Land a better professional forum as we all live as peacekeepers.

Sample

Hope all your plans are set and aspirations for 2014 are in top gear with preassigned targets. e.g I promised myself to post this piece by 12 noon and target was accomplished.

To y'all, have a Great 2014

Nyc 1
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
[quote author=teemy]People hurt us and we have also hurt others as well either intententionally or without conscious efforts by words or actions.

Sample

Hope aWe all want peace. No religion on earth preaches violence and hatred.

Any1 lying against religion in perpetuating a wicked act is doing it for self-interest and personal gain/
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by teemy(m): 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2014
usqoh: Hope we all want peace. No religion on earth preaches violence and hatred.
Any1 lying against religion in perpetuating a wicked act is doing it for self-interest and personal gain

All it takes is to ignore the claims of those that just keep on whooping up hatred and the likes.

Still looking for my first reconcilers. Cheers
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by tpia1: 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
teemy:
All it takes is to ignore the claims of those that just keep on whooping up hatred and the likes.

its not always so easy though.
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by teemy(m): 6:08am On Sep 11, 2014
tpia1:

its not always so easy though.
I totally agree with you. Same goes for achieving a lot of things in life. It would not look beautiful should you later in life become a minister or influential politician and a fame hungry journalist picks up some response of yours on Nairaland where you had to reply someone thereby givinf him/her a few pieces of your mind. Honestly I find some really amusing characters here that do want people to talk (like one funny dude that was referring to my having sex with my wife as fornication) but one just has to add on the self restraint. It could go to places we never knew could be reached.

So tpia, is there anyone you want to make amends with? Let's have your reconciliations.

Cheers
Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by tpia1: 2:23am On Sep 12, 2014
to make amends you need to have the ability to keep grudges, which is something i more or less lack.

so, anyone trying to make reconciliation with me, is quite welcome, as long as they are genuine.

as per this:

one funny dude that was referring to my having sex with my wife as fornication

i didnt notice you were male, actually, but in any case, everybody is entitled to their own opinion- if some folks feel sex between married couples is fornication, well, good for them, could be a sign of some kind of disorder i suppose.

but, they are free to vent.

1 Like

Re: To My Nairaland Enemy (Religion 2) by tpia1: 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
actually, why is this thread in muslim section?

i thought it was in general religion.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Footballer Convert To Islam / Islamic View On Abortion / Capturing Your Husband’s Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.