Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,642 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 (3049 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Jarus(m): 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
An unfortunate year for Mikel. His best will not be enough. The difference is too glaring. Yaya is something else. Like Katongo not winning despite great nations cup performance in 2012, Mikel too will lose to Yaya, despite performing better in AfCon 2013, but paled into invisibility thereafter while Yaya shone. Let's wake up to this reality now before the announcement on January 9. It is a fait accompli. other countries will not vote for Mikel, no sentiments here.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by buchivik(m): 5:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
tank God no b mikel oh... Just as i wanted yaya
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Its so conspicuous Yaya has had an excellent 2013, regardless of not winning a title.. Mikel isn't in the same level with Yaha Toure..
Yaha ll retain his title, dude is a beast. If he continues with this form, I see him winning the award for the 4th time next year
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Good!I love that guy.He deserves it.
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by chiefololade: 5:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
He has not won it and he will not win it. The BBC award should be enough for him this year.
#Team_Obi_Mikel

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2014
Of course he'll win it. Since Enyeama was dropped for Drogba, they'll have an excuse to give Yeye Toure so he can be a 3-time winner...if only that can get him an AFCON. Just for the fact that Yaya never won the AFCON, his achievements pale in comparison to Mikel. Just like Messi who'll never be as good as Pele and Maradona if he never wins the World Cup for the Argies. So CAF can dash their golden boy all the APoTY awards like FIFA dashes Ballon d'Or to Messi, won't change the stats to favor him. Mikel still got more trophies

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ogbeche77: Its so conspicuous Yaya has had an excellent 2013, regardless of not winning a title.. Mikel isn't in the same level with Yaha Toure..
Yaha ll retain his title, dude is a beast. If he continues with this form, I see him winning the award for the 4th time next year
LMAO! Cuz someone's gonna kill Aubameyang, Pitroipa, Emenike and Enyeama right? Niggur please!

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Dhelake: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ogbeche77: Its so conspicuous Yaya has had an excellent 2013, regardless of not winning a title.. Mikel isn't in the same level with Yaha Toure..
Aubameyang is gonna win the next one
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by saintneo(m): 7:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by ndubisik(m): 7:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
Kudos to them
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Krasid(m): 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
But seriously Yaya toure is a fantastic player.
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Dannylux: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
We saw it coming..
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by AbuMikey(m): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2014
^^

You saw nothing coming tongue

Mikel is CAF player of the year.

Y'all would get humbled, come January 9th wink

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by omar22(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
safarigirl: Of course he'll win it. Since Enyeama was dropped for Drogba, they'll have an excuse to give Yeye Toure so he can be a 3-time winner...if only that can get him an AFCON. Just for the fact that Yaya never won the AFCON, his achievements pale in comparison to Mikel. Just like Messi who'll never be as good as Pele and Maradona if he never wins the World Cup for the Argies. So CAF can dash their golden boy all the APoTY awards like FIFA dashes Ballon d'Or to Messi, won't change the stats to favor him. Mikel still got more trophies

Yaya Toure has more trophies than Mikel
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by 3coins(m): 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
Abu Mikey: ^^

You saw nothing coming tongue

Mikel is CAF player of the year.

Y'all would get humbled, come January 9th wink

CAF neva gets it ryt.....they will give it to yaya toure jst watch...na mikel deserve am IMO
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by chiefololade: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2014
omar22:

Yaya Toure has more trophies than Mikel
We don't care.. he didn't win anything last season
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by omar22(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
chiefololade:
I want to challenge you.. Mikel's got more trophies than Yaya

How much have you got to loose?

Chelsea
Premier League (1): 2009–10
FA Cup (4): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12
League Cup (1): 2006–07
FA Community Shield (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2011–12
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13
Nigeria
Africa Cup of Nations (1): 2013

ASEC Mimosas
Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division: 2001
Olympiacos
Super League Greece: 2005–06
Greek Cup: 2005–06
Barcelona
La Liga (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
Copa del Rey: 2008–09
Supercopa de España: 2009
UEFA Champions League: 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by An0nimus: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
The title of this thread for a sec got me thinking the awards held today.

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
omar22:

How much have you got to loose?

Chelsea
Premier League (1): 2009–10
FA Cup (4): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12
League Cup (1): 2006–07
FA Community Shield (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2011–12
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13
Nigeria
Africa Cup of Nations (1): 2013

ASEC Mimosas
Côte d'Ivoire Premier Division: 2001
Olympiacos
Super League Greece: 2005–06
Greek Cup: 2005–06
Barcelona
La Liga (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
Copa del Rey: 2008–09
Supercopa de España: 2009
UEFA Champions League: 2008–09
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009
Manchester City
Premier League: 2011–12
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012

AFCON 2006- zilch. AFCON 2010- zilch. AFCON 2012- silver. AFCON 2013- zilch. YAYA TOURE- overhyped underachiever.
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by omar22(m): 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
safarigirl: AFCON 2006- zilch. AFCON 2010- zilch. AFCON 2012- silver. AFCON 2013- zilch. YAYA TOURE- overhyped underachiever.

AFCON - One medal, Its not the world cup. You said Mikel has won more trophies Prove it?

Like I said Yaya has won won more team medals and more individual medals
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
omar22:

AFCON - One medal, Its not the world cup. You said Mikel has won more trophies Prove it?

Like I said Yaya has won won more team medals and more individual medals
lol, just one medal in how many years? What a joke! Are you counting Mikel's U-20 medal too? Does Toure have even a bronze ball from any tournament?
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2014
Mikel is potentially a better and more deadly midfielder than Yaya Toure.

He just needs to LEAVE CHELSEA to prove it.
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
ROSSIKE: Mikel is potentially a better and more deadly midfielder than Yaya Toure.

I think Mikel is now the face of Chelsea in Africa, it used to be Drogba, but now Mikel is the oldest African player in that team as far as the years spent in that team. Him leaving will be almost like Lampard leaving, just the African version. But I do think that he should go somewhere else, you can never tell where your true potential will evolve eg Toure was nothing in Barca, now he's something. Ibrahimovic was one of an array of World Class players in Man Utd, now he's like a god in PSG, who knows? Messi may not be so awesome in Ligue 1 and Mikel could be a beast in Bundesliga, he just needs to try something new
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by seankay(m): 11:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
I'm a Chelsea fan but I think Yaya is miles better than Mikel,he developed his game but Mikel didn't although he could be better than what he's currently playing.If Enyeama makes it to the last five then there is no stopping him,Cleansheets aint beans,ask Cech,Neuer,Buffon and besides he won the Afcon!!

It would be a disgrace to Africa if any of moses and mikel wins it
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by omar22(m): 12:13am On Jan 02, 2014
safarigirl: lol, just one medal in how many years? What a joke! Are you counting Mikel's U-20 medal too? Does Toure have even a bronze ball from any tournament?

Bronze or Silver Ball means he didnt win it, U-20 medals? Really which one?

safarigirl: I think Mikel is now the face of Chelsea in Africa, it used to be Drogba, but now Mikel is the oldest African player in that team as far as the years spent in that team. Him leaving will be almost like Lampard leaving, just the African version. But I do think that he should go somewhere else, you can never tell where your true potential will evolve eg Toure was nothing in Barca, now he's something. Ibrahimovic was one of an array of World Class players in Man Utd, now he's like a god in PSG, who knows? Messi may not be so awesome in Ligue 1 and Mikel could be a beast in Bundesliga, he just needs to try something new

Are serious? Mikel wont be missed at Chelsea if he leaves and remember Van Ginkle that got injured at the beginning of the season, which brought Mikel back into the picture and and Essien is the oldest African player at Chelsea not Mikel Now Chelsea are planning to buy back a player they sold (Matic) this could mean bad news for Mikel , I cant remember Ibrahimovic ever playing for Man United but he was the main at all the clubs be played for including both Juve and Inter Milan. So if Mikel goes to Munich who will they drop? Schweinsteiger or Javi Martínez?

If he goes to Ligue 1 like Kalou did he might feel like a Demi-God, we all know that its a step down in his career... go and watch Yaya Toure in the 2009 CL campaign for Barcelona
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by omar22(m): 12:15am On Jan 02, 2014
ROSSIKE: Mikel is potentially a better and more deadly midfielder than Yaya Toure.

Only Galatasary came in for Mikel in the last 2 years
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by striker9(m): 1:37am On Jan 02, 2014
I don't care if Yaya wins it,I will be here patiently waiting for the next APOY,and I don't care if no naija player wins it ever again.
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by chiefololade: 6:33am On Jan 02, 2014
Omar22 I just don't know why you are hating. Take it or leave it Mikel is one of the best African player of our time, Yaya is playing better but there are other players that are doing what Yaya is doing for their club but you don't know them maybe because they are not playing in England or you are just being bias.
Mind you I'm not a Chelsea fan, I rep Internazionale!!!
#Obi_Mikel_for_APOTY.
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:26am On Jan 02, 2014
chiefololade: Omar22 I just don't know why you are hating. Take it or leave it Mikel is one of the best African player of our time, Yaya is playing better but there are other players that are doing what Yaya is doing for their club but you don't know them maybe because they are not playing in England or you are just being bias.
Mind you I'm not a Chelsea fan, I rep Internazionale!!!
#Obi_Mikel_for_APOTY.
no mind am, dem boku for here, the Naija haters, even if Enyeama broke the European record, they would still take Yaya. My own sef has to do with why they omitted Enyeama and put Drogba instead, cuz Enyeama deserved this ish more than anyone else on that top 3- yes, including Yeye, abi is it because your colonial masters are hyping him? Doesn't matter who they choose, the shiit is a set-up anyways. Enyeama is the REAL APoTY
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by pickabeau1: 7:30am On Jan 02, 2014
safarigirl: no mind am, dem boku for here, the Naija haters, even if Enyeama broke the European record, they would still take Yaya. My own sef has to do with why they omitted Enyeama and put Drogba instead, cuz Enyeama deserved this ish more than anyone else on that top 3- yes, including Yeye, abi is it because your colonial masters are hyping him? Doesn't matter who they choose, the shiit is a set-up anyways. Enyeama is the REAL APoTY

Keep calm...which one be colonial master.. there is no universe where mikel is better than yayha based on footballing ability
However if you consider team accomplishments (AFCON n Europa especially that Nigeria beat Ivory Coast) , mikel shd win this year
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Jarus(m): 7:55am On Jan 02, 2014
seankay: I'm a Chelsea fan but I think Yaya is miles better than Mikel,he developed his game but Mikel didn't although he could be better than what he's currently playing.If Enyeama makes it to the last five then there is no stopping him,Cleansheets aint beans,ask Cech,Neuer,Buffon and besides he won the Afcon!!

It would be a disgrace to Africa if any of moses and mikel wins it

A travesty, honestly. How will Africa's best player not be a first team player in a tier-2 team like Chelsea?
Re: Yaya Toure Is African Footballer Of The Year 2013 by Jarus(m): 7:58am On Jan 02, 2014
pickabeau1:

Keep calm...which one be colonial master.. there is no universe where mikel is better than yayha based on footballing ability
However if you consider team accomplishments (AFCON n Europa especially that Nigeria beat Ivory Coast) , mikel shd win this year
It is not by performance in one or two matches. Zambia also beat Cote D'Ivoire in 2012, but it was glaring Drogba and Yaya went ahead to have better 2012 than Katongo.

For those blaming CAF, CAF don't give players award, all national team captains and coaches vote, and results are published. Let's stop this ignorance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wins In A Row In 2 Days With Oyapredict. Join Now!!!! / Lists Of African Born Player's Playing For European Countries (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Burkinafaso Live Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.