Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria (45072 Views)

6 Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / The Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. Current Review. Lets Discuss / Tourism In Nigeria - Top 30 Exciting Destinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by DocAdray(f): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ op, are you advertizing for Edo state or its just your opinion?
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by radah(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ikogosi Warm Resorts in Ekiti State is the place, has a five star hotel and a natural environment void of the hustle and bustle that characterises the cities...
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tinyemeka:
Ya. Ya. Roast snake meat over the open fire in a clear moon-lit night... smiley
You sabi am. God bless your wife

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Benny25: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
@OP, wonder how u came about of all places Benin, there are basically no tourist attraction there to even spice up the honeymoon. I just came back from Obudu cattle ranch where I had always told myself I was going to have my honeymoon if its going to be in dis country. Trust me the place was worth every penny, mind u journey by road was quite far. From the foot of the hill in area called Utanga to the top of the hill is 11km by road which is snakelike when viewed from above if u go up by cable car. The top is so cold we had to buy winter jacket as recommended by our guide who took us to interesting places such as the holy mountain, waterfront, peak of the mountain which houses the presidential logde, Becheve nature reserve where we passed through canopy walkway. The experience there was awesome getting so close to d clouds, and in dat place nature can never be more appreciated. We also visited the Agbokun waterfall in Ikom town before capping the visits to Tinapa in Calabar. I ll recommend the ranch as a sweet place to have ur honeymoon and also vacation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Milito: 12:10am On Jan 05, 2014
Benny25: @OP, wonder how u came about of all places Benin, there are basically no tourist attraction there to even spice up the honeymoon. I just came back from Obudu cattle ranch where I had always told myself I was going to have my honeymoon if its going to be in dis country. Trust me the place was worth every penny, mind u journey by road was quite far. From the foot of the hill in area called Utanga to the top of the hill is 11km by road which is snakelike when viewed from above if u go up by cable car. The top is so cold we had to buy winter jacket as recommended by our guide who took us to interesting places such as the holy mountain, waterfront, peak of the mountain which houses the presidential logde, Becheve nature reserve where we passed through canopy walkway. The experience there was awesome getting so close to d clouds, and in dat place nature can never be more appreciated. We also visited the Agbokun waterfall in Ikom town before capping the visits to Tinapa in Calabar. I ll recommend the ranch as a sweet place to have ur honeymoon and also vacation

Nice one. Gist us more pls. Did u actually drive? Are u suggesting tht the driving will be stressful & kill the fun?

Also, pls do tell us about cost. Just an estimate anyways: Lodging, visiting all those interesting places u mentioned, munching, tranportation, guided tours, etc

Tnx.

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Baba1010: 1:07am On Jan 05, 2014
Hello peeps,

For Guys that have been to Obudu, can you kindly assist in the breakdown of how to get there from Calabar. cabs to the resort? How much do they charge? Can you get cab from the resort when you are leaving? Can you arrange with a cab man to come pick you afterwards.

How many hours from calabar airport?

Are the prices on the obudu website still valid

Price per person at their restaurant

Is the electricity ration still in place?

Thanks
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by peter4d2(m): 1:22am On Jan 05, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

Nairaland is full of pain and anguish.

All I seek is the fulfillment of project Tsuki no Me. I will create a forum where every post is controlled by me. All I need is the Bijuu contained in Seun, once I have that, Nairaland will be under my control.

No more wars, no more conflict.
Let's say seun stand 2 d fourths hookages son n hw do u plan on defeatin him n Kurama.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by BarrisNixon: 1:25am On Jan 05, 2014
It seems Obudu mountain resort has taken the lead from all the hype so far.
How about the following places:
1. 911 resort in escravos
2. Ikogosi warm spring
3. Le Tropicana beach resort
4. Tinapa

We need more suggestions on nice places in Nigeria because I cant believe its just obudu that is there.

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by soledadd: 2:42am On Jan 05, 2014
Which area in benin city?
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by onyinyechoice: 3:19am On Jan 05, 2014
actually ,i will go and try it out alone,not on honeymoon basis
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Polio: 3:21am On Jan 05, 2014
Kirikiri Maximum Prisons
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by grandstar(m): 3:56am On Jan 05, 2014
this is a very beneficial thread! thanks op.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Benny25: 5:22am On Jan 05, 2014
@Milito and Baba 1010, first driving long distance is always stressful but it ll not kill d fun, from Calabar to Obudu town is 5 hrs drive and from Obudu to Utanga(foot of the hill) is less than an hour , cost is 3.5k/person(calabar -ranch itself). U could even drive there and tour guides are available to take over at the foot and drive in ur car to the top and all other places depending on ur bargaining power say3-5k/day, bikes and keke napepe are also available as tour guides @1-2k/day. For d accomodation there are different types; 1. @ recetion area a night goes for 25-27k 2. Lodges that are 2,3 bedroom houses @75k/night and 3. Other lesser ones @ 7-10k/night, all 3 are on the hill, at the foot of the hill is safari suites which goes for 42k/night . The place is so cold that no body uses AC infact d first 2 have heaters in them, when we visited xmas period there were lots of guests as such they did not ration d light but I learnt they do @ other times. Feeding at the main restaurant goes for 3k/meal and 400/meal in their market restaurant. There are vehicles/bikes/keke readily available to take u down d mountain from where u can connect transport to Obudu en route Calabar @ same cost of coming, cable car also available @2k to and fro d hill(recommended if u really want to have a good aerial view ). The people are very nice and accommodating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by MightyFortress: 6:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Make I use this thread dey plan ahead.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by bank2k4real(m): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy Sunday....check my signature.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Tikitaka(m): 7:47am On Jan 05, 2014
relative peace has returned to Edo and Delta states, especially wen u compare it to wat we experienced btn 2010 - 2013.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by tonychristopher: 7:49am On Jan 05, 2014
BarrisNixon: Happy 2014 to Nairaland and everyone. It is every newly married couples dream to have a very romantic honeymoon after a memorable wedding. This thread is to showcase great honeymoon destinations around Nigeria. Everyone out here is free to suggest from their point of view the hottest places in Nigeria for a romantic honeymoon.

I will start by recommending the fast developing Benin City, Edo State.

1. Lodge in an affordable and classy hotel like Randekhi International Hotel with swimming pool, classy bar and restaurant, 24/7 power supply and top security.

2. Have a nice timeout at the all new Kada Plaza to see a movie or take part in any of the many fun games available.

3. Looking for where to do some shopping? Visit Phil Hallmark super store just close to Kada Plaza.

Want to have a feel of the nite life clubbing the just breeze into the classy and cozy Linx club just opposite the Randekhi Hotel.

Cab services available 24/7 to take you anywhere.

Trust me, your honeymoon would be a blast.

I DID MY SERVICES IN EDO AND I CAN'T ADVISE ANYBODY FOR HONEY MOON THERE. THE TOWN SUCKS NO CLEAN ROADS NO GOOD HOTELS.I WILL ADVISE GO TO CITIES LIKE JOS COS OF IT'S WEATHER..IT'S FINE. GO TO OWERRI IT IS THE PEARL OF THE EAST SO MUCH HOTELS AND SO MUCH INFRASTRUCTURE ..U CAN DRIVE TO OGUTA LAKE...THEN CALABAR OH IT'S WEATHER AND NICE ENVIRONMENT BUT BENIN NO.

THAT'S MY TAKE AND YOU CAN DO YANKARI COS OF NATURAL SPLENDOUR
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by BarrisNixon: 8:27am On Jan 05, 2014
I just want to correct some impression about those saying Benin City is a no go area.
These are pictures of some places in Benin City.

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by adorable29(f): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2014
honey001:

Na ur type den they kidnap?

Hahaha! I tire O! Good question!
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by BarrisNixon: 8:40am On Jan 05, 2014
Kada Plaza

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by adorable29(f): 8:50am On Jan 05, 2014
The last 2 years has seen a drastic transformation of Benin city! The road network has improved tremendously especially all the major roads! Beautiful structures are springing up here and there and the roads are now suprisingly very neat. If you haven't been to Benin since the past one year, you really shouldn't talk about how the state looks cos you have no idea.

1 Like

Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by donodion(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2014
Try and visit Obudu Cattle Ranch....i leave the rest to you to testify...

You can also see some pix for yourself...enuff said

https://www.nairaland.com/816993/obudu-cattle-ranch-calabar-picture-gallery
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Pwitikween(f): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
kevoh:
Air transport is actually the safest, fastest and stress free means of transport.
excuse me, do you mean in Nigeria 'cos i'm nt sure i understand the 'safest' part
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2014
La Champagne Tropicana in Lagos is not a bad spot.

Good customer service.
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by 28Bukola: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
rezzy: Just naw naw on fp with less than 20 posts? This new year is wonderful
Pls what is this fp of a thing? Where is it found?
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by pickabeau1: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Benny25: @Milito and Baba 1010, first driving long distance is always stressful but it ll not kill d fun, from Calabar to Obudu town is 5 hrs drive and from Obudu to Utanga(foot of the hill) is less than an hour , cost is 3.5k/person(calabar -ranch itself). U could even drive there and tour guides are available to take over at the foot and drive in ur car to the top and all other places depending on ur bargaining power say3-5k/day, bikes and keke napepe are also available as tour guides @1-2k/day. For d accomodation there are different types; 1. @ recetion area a night goes for 25-27k 2. Lodges that are 2,3 bedroom houses @75k/night and 3. Other lesser ones @ 7-10k/night, all 3 are on the hill, at the foot of the hill is safari suites which goes for 42k/night . The place is so cold that no body uses AC infact d first 2 have heaters in them, when we visited xmas period there were lots of guests as such they did not ration d light but I learnt they do @ other times. Feeding at the main restaurant goes for 3k/meal and 400/meal in their market restaurant. There are vehicles/bikes/keke readily available to take u down d mountain from where u can connect transport to Obudu en route Calabar @ same cost of coming, cable car also available @2k to and fro d hill(recommended if u really want to have a good aerial view ). The people are very nice and accommodating

Where in Calabar do you take off from
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Teeted: 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Kk. And thanks pals/seniors
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
ademega: I had my honeymoon at ikogosi warm spring in Ekiti state. You just have to be thier !
After 3 nites in such a beautiful environment ,i turned to my wife and asked " why do people like wasting money in this country to travel to Dubai or UK for honeymoon when we have something of this nature at our backyard?" .

Note :
ur pockets must be loaded with cash oooh cos, the least per nite thir is 12k and we have chalet of between 150k and 200k per nite and every other tin besides your room na money , example , if u wan go see the environment na N500 , if you off your cloth say u wan swim na N500 , if u wan ride small keke round the place na moni . So, hold money make u no go use new wife deposit debt .

Bros you are contradicting yourself... apart from the cost of flight (even though you can get very good rates if you plan several months ahead) honeymoon outside Nigeria is way cheaper.
I just came back from my honeymoon in dubai; I stayed in Ibis hotel for 5 nights for a little above 80k for the 5nights; thereafter I moved to the luxurious Atlantis the palm hotel for 3nights for a little above 200k for the 3nights.
Believe me, no Nigeria hotel in the class of the hotels I just mentioned will give you such rate at peak season.
Plus you get to enjoy wonderful environment and professional treatment.
Men no comparison abeg joor
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by akume(m): 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
The best honeymoon location is Gembu in Taraba state,the drive up the mountaintop,snowy atmosphere will thrill you
Re: Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria by skybodmas: 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ajegunle, lagos state, where everything happens, is the best place for honey moon. ;DAjegunle, lagos state, where everything happens, is the best place for honey moon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UK Is Getting More And More Dangerous For Black People As The Days Go By..... / Confused Driver Takes Passengers On A Road Trip Around Lagos (Photos) / This Is New Ebonyi State. The Emerging Wonder Of The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.