Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Teaching Vacancy - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Teaching Vacancy (13222 Views)

Teaching Vacancy With Free Accommodation + Transportation / TEACHING VACANCY / Urgent Teaching Vacancy 4 Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Vacancy by abdulslutsky(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2014
?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by Kemmy210(f): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dat's what our face is seeing in private schs(not all o).I have a graduate friend dat is even considering 10k teaching job dis mth here in lagos,though am still trying 2discourage her not 2be 2desperate.Some private schs can use person&dey won't pay well.May God just help us,just dat it's d easiest job 2get.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Xtfield(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Megida

Even the 17'k sef is not up to minimum wage..

The school authorities should be jailed.. Its a crime to pay an employee below minimum wage..

MINIMUM WAGE LAW OF NIGERIA (2011)

NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2011
A Bill
For
An Act to amend the National Minimum Wage Act Cap. N61 Laws of the Federation of
Nigeria, 2004 to provide for a revised national minimum wage and; for related matters.
r J Commencement
ENACTED by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria:
1. The National Minimum Wage Act Cap. N61 Laws of the Federation
of Nigeria, 2004 (in this Act referred to as "the Principal Act"wink as
amended, is further amended as set out in this Act.
2. Section 1 of the Principal Act is amended in subsection (1) by
substituting for the existing subsection (1) a new subsection "( 1)":
"(1) As from the commencement of this Act, it shall be the duty
of every employer (except as provided for under the principal
Act as amended) to pay a wage not less than the national
minimum wage ofNI8,000.00 per month to every worker under
his establishment".

3. Section 3 of the Principal Act is amended in subsection (1) by
substituting for the amount:
(a) Nl 00.00 in line 5, the amount N20,000.00;and
(b) Nl 0.00 in line 6, the amount N 1,000.
4. Section 5 of the Principal Act is amended by substituting for the
amount:
(a)NIOO.OOin line 6, the amountN20,000.00; and
(b) NlOO.OOin line 6 the amountNl,OOO.
5. This Act may be cited as the National Minimum Wage (Amendment)
Act,2011.

Note: The latest amendment reads 20 Thousand naira and not 18'k..

Thank me Later..

Aboki (Esq)

Yes, I agree they should be jailed but that is after the following people have been jailed:

1. The President, Ministers, Governors, Commissioners, Special Advisers etxfor all jobless graduates in the country.
2. All Bank CEOs who recently retrenched workers in their establishment.
etc etc.

NOTE: Sometimes I pity many people. Their father has not established any business and they have the mouth to spew rubbish about what those who have established something and are employing others. While you are deriding the post, I bet many applicants are already sending their CVs. Siddon there.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Vacancy by Xtfield(m): 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
Kemmy210: Dat's what our face is seeing in private schs(not all o).I have a graduate friend dat is even considering 10k teaching job dis mth here in lagos,though am still trying 2discourage her not 2be 2desperate.Some private schs can use person&dey won't pay well.May God just help us,just dat it's d easiest job 2get.

So why not go to public schools to teach or better still have your relations start a school where you will be paying N100k to your employees. Privates schools pay according to what their pupils or students pay. In Ekiti some schools charge N3000 per term. I run a school where I charge between N13000 and N14500 per term and many parents default in payment. So how do I pay graduates more than N15k per month? Bef0re I opened my school I worked for a school that was charging N80k per term for primary school way back in 2004!. Then I earned About N200k per month. You can see how it works. High fees = good pay + better working conditions.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Aussie(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
The bulk of those making mouth are jobless and will do anything to get a 40k job in Lagos. It does not make any difference considering the location. There are second sch in Lagos that pay 10k per month for graduates! If not interested simply pass without an mockery.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by drehdinho(m): 6:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
The 17k salary scheme is highly disgusting...even corp members allowance is N19,800. How will a person who has just graduated from NYSC cope with that kind of meager. I see it as a reversal of for fortune for any university graduate that considers this kind of offer. It's pure exploitation. simple!
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Fourwinds: 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
d employee's salary depends on d students school fees and d number of students d school has. don't forget dis is not government own school. dere are also private dat pay better dan government schools ok.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Pasca07: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
@aussie,u are insane what did u mean by some secondary skulls in lagos pay graduates 10k?why can't you employ SSCE holder instead of graduates?
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Pasca07: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2014
I don't blame some guys who try to hustle their way to USA through visiting visa cos nigeria is a failed country.if u are not connected then u need to be prayerful or else u are on a long thing......
Re: Teaching Vacancy by cooldave234(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
busuyem: I don't think this advert was made to humiliate any graduate for God's sake. I believe the school paid better than many schools in Ekiti as of the moment, even Ado inclusive. In as much as u can still get schools in Lagos paying graduates 30k per month, despite the demanding standard of living, I don't knw why some folks are castigating the advert. For your info, I was being paid #10,500 when I joined the school in 2010 until the pay 4 graduates was later increased to 17k, and it's still subjected to increment. Now, I have just secured govt teaching job. Teaching job is not a function of the pay but of interest. Cost of leaving in Ekiti is very low relative to other states u can imagine. A graduate collecting 10k in Ekiti State is better off the one collecting 40k in Lagos, u can ask anywhere! Pls, let those interested apply and the ones not, leave.
Meanwhile, this is my year of greatness making FP sweatlessly.
Thanks.
I laugh, 17k is far lower than my skool fees back in the university, why shuld I spend 4yrs in the university go thru NYSC to end up earning 17k,??. Its below d minimum wage. I rather open a barbing saloon than take up such a job..... Pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Vacancy by ajoskele(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2014
I spent most of my growing years in Ikere and I know how relatively cheap things are...Getting 17k per month from a private school in IKERE is not too small and can still be managed before one gets a better job.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mr Aboki:

Yes!!

To teach Animal Husbandry.. grin

its sad people just make senseless comments without using their brains, do you know what it takes to get a degree in Agriculture?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by shakol91(m): 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
ajoskele: I spent most of my growing years in Ikere and I know how relatively cheap things are...Getting 17k per month from a private school in IKERE is not too small and can still be managed before one gets a better job.
you've said it all. 17k/month is okay in Ikere,we have some that even pay less there. Pls can u tell me why dat town is full of touts,I mean (akoto) boys even u see children of 11yrs hanging around "round about",odo oja etc. And tell me why buying and selling of SKUNK,INDIAN HEMP etc inside the Town Hall @ odo oja is Legal. I called it legal because everybody knws dat and nobody is willing 2 chase dem out or arrest dem.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Habeebpain(m): 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Cost of living is not cheap in Ado o.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by ajoskele(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
shakol91: you've said it all. 17k/month is okay in Ikere,we have some that even pay less there. Pls can u tell me why dat town is full of touts,I mean (akoto) boys even u see children of 11yrs hanging around "round about",odo oja etc. And tell me why buying and selling of SKUNK,INDIAN HEMP etc inside the Town Hall @ odo oja is Legal. I called it legal because everybody knws dat and nobody is willing 2 chase dem out or arrest dem.
Most Ikere indigenes are not well educated and detest seeing educated fellows from another land among them..They are not that accomodating reason Ado-Ekiti has the edge over them and was subsequently given the state's capital.My dad had to leave Ikere for Ado to build his first bungalow(he had been in Ikere since 1989) even before Ekiti was seperated from Ondo...About that hall,forget dat one oo,even policemen dey come dia com poli..Hall wey dem don dey build since wen I dey primary skul.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by dandoll: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
please i am seriously interested.i am a batch c corper n my ppa is at obada high school at ise orun but i have not been formally accepted by the school principal here is my no. 08062557086 please try n reach me because i am reporting on 8th of january to know whether i should accept d rejection letter n serve in your said school for that amount .
Re: Teaching Vacancy by shakol91(m): 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
ajoskele: Most Ikere indigenes are not well educated and detest seeing educated fellows from another land among them..They are not that accomodating reason Ado-Ekiti has the edge over them and was subsequently given the state's capital.My dad had to leave Ikere for Ado to build his first bungalow(he had been in Ikere since 1989) even before Ekiti was seperated from Ondo...About that hall,forget dat one oo,even policemen dey come dia com poli..Hall wey dem don dey build since wen I dey primary skul.
We also left Ikere for Ado. Dat town needs prayer seriously
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
Xtfield:

So why not go to public schools to teach or better still have your relations start a school where you will be paying N100k to your employees. Privates schools pay according to what their pupils or students pay. In Ekiti some schools charge N3000 per term. I run a school where I charge between N13000 and N14500 per term and many parents default in payment. So how do I pay graduates more than N15k per month? Bef0re I opened my school I worked for a school that was charging N80k per term for primary school way back in 2004!. Then I earned About N200k per month. You can see how it works. High fees = good pay + better working conditions.
na by force to open school,shey no be your mate dey fire puff puff...if you intend teaching in a worker friendly environment as a MATHEMATICS/PHYSICS TEACHER in a school situated around OKOKOMAIKO IN LAGOS STATE,kindly forward your cv to hillsway123@gmail.com on or before 6th of january.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Pasca07: I don't blame some guys who try to hustle their way to USA through visiting visa cos nigeria is a failed country.if u are not connected then u need to be prayerful or else u are on a long thing......
WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING
Re: Teaching Vacancy by ajoskele(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
shakol91: We also left Ikere for Ado. Dat town needs prayer seriously
Bros,they don't need prayer jor...If you check that Ise road,the Ikere forests before the border could take up to 2000 buildings: homes and factories but they will never sell the landed properties to strangers..They tell you their children will soon grow up to build on these lands,SMH..And bros,no forget dem juju oo
Re: Teaching Vacancy by kolexy(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
busuyem: I don't think this advert was made to humiliate any graduate for God's sake. I believe the school paid better than many schools in Ekiti as of the moment, even Ado inclusive. In as much as u can still get schools in Lagos paying graduates 30k per month, despite the demanding standard of living, I don't knw why some folks are castigating the advert. For your info, I was being paid #10,500 when I joined the school in 2010 until the pay 4 graduates was later increased to 17k, and it's still subjected to increment. Now, I have just secured govt teaching job. Teaching job is not a function of the pay but of interest. Cost of leaving in Ekiti is very low relative to other states u can imagine. A graduate collecting 10k in Ekiti State is better off the one collecting 40k in Lagos, u can ask anywhere! Pls, let those interested apply and the ones not, leave.
Meanwhile, this is my year of greatness making FP sweatlessly.
Thanks.

Must you give all the details in a public forum?

1 Like

Re: Teaching Vacancy by shakol91(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2014
ajoskele: Bros,they don't need prayer jor...If you check that Ise road,the Ikere forests before the border could take up to 2000 buildings: homes and factories but they will never sell the landed properties to strangers..They tell you their children will soon grow up to build on these lands,SMH..And bros,no forget dem juju oo
I quite agree with u,80% of people dat works in COE,LG,non-indigen Teachers etc lives in Ado and prefers to build in Ado
Re: Teaching Vacancy by MrAboki: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
Xtfield:

Yes, I agree they should be jailed but that is after the following people have been jailed:

1. The President, Ministers, Governors, Commissioners, Special Advisers etxfor all jobless graduates in the country.
2. All Bank CEOs who recently retrenched workers in their establishment.
etc etc.

NOTE: Sometimes I pity many people. Their father has not established any business and they have the mouth to spew rubbish about what those who have established something and are employing others. While you are deriding the post, I bet many applicants are already sending their CVs. Siddon there.

Look at you who is pitying someone.. grin

I'm sure you felt self righteous with this rubbish you wrote.

The law was established for a reason. Just because the government steals does not mean you should go and steal.

I also run a business of my own and I am not WICKED enough to take advantage of people. The Laws of the nation has set a minimum wage benchmark for salaries in the country after examining how much a person who works can earn to atleast get by.

You want premium dedication from your employees yet you don't want to pay the price for good service.

I'm sure that school belongs to your relative. Tell em that they are breaking the law and can go to jail for it if somebody tales them up on it. What you and your people in that school are doing is exploitation tantamount to slavery.

The fact that people are applying is not because your offer is good enough, its just because they are desperate.

And the next time you go talking about banks that fire workers en mass, you should go read up on the terms of their employment. Bank jobs are mostly 'contract jobs'. There is a release clause in their contracts that says the banks can fire them at short notice. Technically, they have not committed any offence since outsourcing is not an offence in Nigeria. However, the banks don't pay below minimum wage to their employees. I work a similar type of job so I know this. A bank cannot fire a full staff just like that..

If you feel the need to be educated further on the employment laws of the nation, I could school you and point out several violations in this your job offer.

You are aware that even on this 17'k, they are expected to pay taxes abi. So tell me how much is left to your teachers after tax.

You sir are running a sweat shop in that school. Go sell your sentimental bullshit to someone who does not know the law.

I fired a security company that works for me because they were paying there workers 11 thousand Naira per month.

The next time you point to the Government about their ills, please do well to remember that you are also a big part of the problem in this nation.

Just so you know... 17 thousand per month equals 809 Naira per day. Unskilled labor in Nigeria make more than that, and you and your father will pay graduates that and go to sleep at night peacefully.. angry

You are WICKED!!

4 Likes

Re: Teaching Vacancy by comsoy(m): 12:11am On Jan 04, 2014
[quote author=Mr Aboki]
Look at you who is pitying someone.. grin
I'm sure you felt self righteous with this rubbish you wrote.
The law was established for a reason. Just because the government steals does not mean you should go and steal.
I also run a business of my own and I am not WICKED enough to take advantage of people. The Laws of the nation has set a minimum wage benchmark for salaries in the country after examining how much a person who works can earn to atleast get by.
You want premium dedication from your employees yet you don't want to pay the price for good service.
I'm sure that school belongs to your relative. Tell em that they are breaking the law and can go to jail for it if somebody tales them up on it. What you and your people in that school are doing is exploitation tantamount to slavery.
The fact that people are applying is not because your offer is good enough, its just because they are desperate.
And the next time you go talking about banks that fire workers en mass, you should go read up on the terms of their employment. Bank jobs are mostly 'contract jobs'. There is a release clause in their contracts that says the banks can fire them at short notice. Technically, they have not committed any offence since outsourcing is not an offence in Nigeria. However, the banks don't pay below minimum wage to their employees. I work a similar type of job so I know this. A bank cannot fire a full staff just like that..
If you feel the need to be educated further on the employment laws of the nation, I could school you and point out several violations in this your job offer.
You are aware that even on this 17'k, they are expected to pay taxes abi. So tell me how much is left to your teachers after tax.
You sir are running a sweat shop in that school. Go sell your sentimental bullshit to someone who does not know the law.
I fired a security company that works for me because they were paying there workers 11 thousand Naira per month.
The next time you point to the Government about their ills, please do well to remember that you are also a big part of the problem in this nation.
Just so you know... 17 thousand per month equals 809 Naira per day. Unskilled labor in Nigeria make more than that, and you and your father will pay graduates that and go to sleep at night peacefully.. angry
You are WICKED!!

Well said. @Aboki, may God bless you for that response.

Methinks a lesson has thus been learnt: henceforth read carefully in details all info (especially the comments) concerning any job vacancy post, here on NL, otherwise one might find oneself swimming in the pool of regret of having one's precious, hard-earned CV smeared in the mud of such sheer enslavement at the mercy of desperation.

It's a pity what Nigeria has reduced her graduates to!
Re: Teaching Vacancy by AreaFada2: 3:28am On Jan 04, 2014
Shebi people are telling diaspora people to return that na Naija money dey now? So na this 17k dem go come dey?

All the bankers being relieved of their jobs, are they not also swelling the unemployment ranks?

Govt and private sector better start creating jobs.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by busuyem: 3:58am On Jan 04, 2014
To all that have applied, we shall get back to you if shortlisted. And to the offended, we beg you to hold your vituperation.
God will help us all.
Thanks.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by akposking(m): 4:22am On Jan 04, 2014
Kai.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Pasca07: 6:00am On Jan 04, 2014
hilaomo: WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING

maybe u are too dumb or blind to see what i wrote or u are unable to comprehend my post,must u comment if u don't have anything upstairs?
Re: Teaching Vacancy by ROMENOUN: 6:17am On Jan 04, 2014
i will try out ......keep it coming
Re: Teaching Vacancy by tobnical(m): 7:15am On Jan 04, 2014
1st ola: This must be some kind of new year joke
17k per month. lol!
op u must be a joker
And am sure the sch management will be expecting good and qualified teachers to apply for 17k
I pity parents who would send their children to ur sch...
what are you people talking about here? You people must be joking! I worked in a secondary school in Lagos around Iyana-Ipaja as Math/Computer Teacher in 2010. I was earning #15000 per month as a BSc. Holder. 17k in Ekiti is equivalent to 40k in Lagos.
Re: Teaching Vacancy by SenatorJames(m): 8:16am On Jan 04, 2014
Though the 17k is too small, let fresh graduate around that place apply, making this type of advert on nairaland is so ridiculous. How many vacancy/slots are available? You will even see more than enough if you just put the information infront of the school.

Like someone said, some employer can see this as an excuse to mal-treat their staff. They will say afterall there are schools that pay 17k for graduates
Re: Teaching Vacancy by Mariojane(f): 9:13am On Jan 04, 2014
nigerians what r u all saying.if u r told dat dis job is outside d country u will jump at it even with d low pay.lata u will all be complaining that there is no work in d country can everyone work with govt? it is time u all wake up. problem is not d leaders but ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Job Should I Go For? / Fastest Ways To Identify Fake (scam) Jobs In Nigeria / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.