Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,585 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

One Woman's Sojourn In The Diaspora And Her Return Home. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / One Woman's Sojourn In The Diaspora And Her Return Home. (434 Views)

Buhari's Plan For Those Of Us Living In The Diaspora / Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? / Which Tribe of Nigeria Is Largest In-terms Of Population(both home and diaspora? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Woman's Sojourn In The Diaspora And Her Return Home. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
Now for many who have that misconception that when you travel abroad, your woes are over and life becomes rosy. I think you should read this. There is a lesson or 2 in here.

Meet Omisola Olubunmi who left Nigeria for Canada 16 years ago. Today she is back home with lots of stories to tell. She was a business woman who ran a profitable printing business, sold printing machines and materials. She was also into property business.

However, when the lure of making it abroad caught her, she left her business and moved to Canada to join her husband. She sold off her business and gave out the rest hoping to make it big in Canada. But it turned out to be a different story on arrival. Read her story......

On getting to Canada it was a different story entirely! It was not the Eldorado she expected; it was a different world. According to her, I was doing well here in Nigeria, I once worked in the Statistics Data base of the Ondo State Ministry of Education and had risen to a senior post before quitting.

http://9jaflave..com/2014/01/one-womans-sojourn-in-diaspora-and-returning-home.html

(1) (Reply)

Newspapers Headlines For Tuesday 07/01/14 / Business / Chibok Girls' Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.