Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? (1816 Views)

Mugabe To Obama: ''Were You Born Out Of Homoséxuality?'' / Which Day Of The Week Were You Born And How Significant Is It To You? / Which Tribe of Nigeria Is Largest In-terms Of Population(both home and diaspora? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 2:41am On Jan 04, 2013
How many Nigerians on are born and raised Nigerians? how many are diaspora people? Simple question that needs a simple answer!
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by greatgod2012(f): 2:55am On Jan 04, 2013
Ehhhhhheeeeee, nothing wey i no go see fr NL!
Na wa o, i wonder what d op want to do with this information when supplied.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:08am On Jan 04, 2013
Even though I live and work in America I be real JOS guy. No where like Nigeria abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by braine(m): 3:09am On Jan 04, 2013
Do those born and bred in Nigeria have a different colour of blood from those born in the diaspora or those born in Nigeria and raised abroad?

Na wah for some questions o
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 3:20am On Jan 04, 2013
braine: Do those born and bred in Nigeria have a different colour of blood from those born in the diaspora or those born in Nigeria and raised abroad?

Na wah for some questions o

Simple question. Don't make it complicated.

I'm a real Lagos guy born and bred. What about you?
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by braine(m): 3:23am On Jan 04, 2013
^^
Born and raised in Nigeria - Abuja, Warri, Lagos.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 3:24am On Jan 04, 2013
greatgod2012: Ehhhhhheeeeee, nothing wey i no go see fr NL!
Na wa o, i wonder what d op want to do with this information when supplied.

i just wanted to know who was from where. I see those from the Diaspora always have some rubbish to talk about Nigeria on nairaland so i want to know who's from naija and who's from the diaspora? I want to know who's who. Where are you from?
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 3:25am On Jan 04, 2013
braine: ^^
Born and raised in Nigeria - Abuja, Warri, Lagos.

You were born and raised in Abuja,Warri, AND Lagos? grin
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by braine(m): 3:26am On Jan 04, 2013
OgidiBoy: Even though I live and work in America I be real JOS guy. No where like Nigeria abeg.

You can take a Nigerian out of Nigeria, but you can never take Nigeria out of a Nigerian. It was displayed by an Uncle who was raised in US for over 30years. Its in the blood.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by braine(m): 3:27am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020:

You were born and raised in Abuja,Warri, AND Lagos? grin
Like seriously.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by miqos02(m): 3:34am On Jan 04, 2013
@op does it make a difference? i was born and bred in mushin
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by fkaz(m): 3:39am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020: How many Nigerians on are born and raised Nigerians? how many are diaspora people? Simple question that needs a simple answer!
After the simple answer what next?

Why the simple question?
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 04, 2013
[size=13pt]I think mega is taking notes of NLers. The chart has two columns: one says "Nigerian Nigerian" while the other says "Diaspora Nigerian". He'll categorize those who respond accordingly and then keep the chart by him whenever he's on NL to either make sense or rubbish those posters depending on their status. I'm right abi? Where's the cash prize? grin[/size]
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 3:51am On Jan 04, 2013
braine:
Like seriously.
Yes
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by braine(m): 3:53am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I think mega is taking notes of NLers. The chart has two columns: one says "Nigerian Nigerian" while the other says "Diaspora Nigerian". He'll categorize those who respond accordingly and then keep the chart by him whenever he's on NL to either make sense or rubbish those posters depending on their status. I'm right abi? Where's the cash prize? grin[/size]

I kinda agree with this theory.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:57am On Jan 04, 2013
braine:

You can take a Nigerian out of Nigeria, but you can never take Nigeria out of a Nigerian. It was displayed by an Uncle who was raised in US for over 30years. Its in the blood.

True talk my brother. Just this morning I was in traffic and I was running late for Lab,I was like God if this na Naija I for find where to put head

and get the hell out of this traffic mess.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 3:57am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I think mega is taking notes of NLers. The chart has two columns: one says "Nigerian Nigerian" while the other says "Diaspora Nigerian". He'll categorize those who respond accordingly and then keep the chart by him whenever he's on NL to either make sense or rubbish those posters depending on their status. I'm right abi? Where's the cash prize? grin[/size]

You're right (I don't need to keep a chart though grin). I want to know who's from where because everyone on Nairaland has an opinion about Nigeria and her tribes but who actually lives in Nigeria from day to day? I'm sure we have many people on this forum with "opinions" about Nigeria that haven't set foot in Nigeria for a day in their lives. Is it too much to ask who's who?

This is a very simple question. People should have no problem answering it.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 3:59am On Jan 04, 2013
braine:

30 years? That's a long time. Good for him though!
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by seedord247(m): 4:12am On Jan 04, 2013
Born in brazil, raised in uk, schooled in america but now living in Nigeria.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 04, 2013
I was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. Though I attended secondary school at Enugu (FGCE).
I'm now living in the US.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by fkaz(m): 4:20am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020:

i just wanted to know who was from where. I see those from the Diaspora always have some rubbish to talk about Nigeria on nairaland so i want to know who's from naija and who's from the diaspora? I want to know who's who. Where are you from?
Op i now see where you coming from
https://www.nairaland.com/1150559/nigeria-truly-useless
Don't mind those fools
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 04, 2013
Oh, is that what it is? I've been avoiding that thread. Some people talk for the sake of talking. Best to ignore.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 4:30am On Jan 04, 2013
fkaz:
Op i now see where you coming from
https://www.nairaland.com/1150559/nigeria-truly-useless
Don't mind those fools

Thank you. I don't watch them idiots because I know they're here for a reason. Ignored in their adopted countries so they come here trying to cause trouble. Fake Nigerians/Africans with an opinion on everything but haven't set foot in Africa. Disgusts me.
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by miqos02(m): 4:31am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88: Oh, is that what it is? I've been avoiding that thread. Some people talk for the sake of talking. Best to ignore.
Word
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 4:35am On Jan 04, 2013
ogugua88: Oh, is that what it is? I've been avoiding that thread. Some people talk for the sake of talking. Best to ignore.

I usually ignore them because i know how they live poorly in their adopted countries which leads to their online frustrations. however It's becoming more and more difficult to tell the difference between the two. A guy/girl all the way from New York (that has never set foot in Nigeria, but is Nigerian due to his parents) can make a tribalistic thread and set actual Nigerians off against each other, but he's busy chilling in NY! Do you see where I'm coming from?

Lets see who's who cool
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MajeOfficial: 5:09am On Jan 04, 2013
Born in the US, raised in the US, lived in Imo state for 6 years starting when i was 4 so i always felt like i was 'from' Nigeria when technically i'm not (i don't remember when i was 1-3 sha)
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by MegaMan2020: 5:14am On Jan 04, 2013
[quote author=]Born in the US, raised in the US, lived in Imo state for 6 years starting when i was 4 so i always felt like i was 'from' Nigeria when technically i'm not (i don't remember when i was 1-3 sha)[/quote]

That's nice to hear that you've spent time in Nigeria. Whee in the US do you reside nowadays my friend?
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by dayokanu(m): 5:24am On Jan 04, 2013
I was born in white House gan gan h-inside Oval office

Mu he he
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 04, 2013
MegaMan2020: I usually ignore them because i know how they live poorly in their adopted countries which leads to their online frustrations. however It's becoming more and more difficult to tell the difference between the two. A guy/girl all the way from New York (that has never set foot in Nigeria, but is Nigerian due to his parents) can make a tribalistic thread and set actual Nigerians off against each other, but he's busy chilling in NY! Do you see where I'm coming from?

Lets see who's who cool

[size=13pt]Well, two things.

1. It's never good to generalize (you and/or them).
2. Na you get their time lol.

I do see where you're coming from... kind of lol. It depends on the person or whomever you meet. I've met well-off Nigerians who say the same thing and refuse to go back to Nigeria. That's their personal choice. They shouldn't discourage others though, which is what many of them try to do. It's annoying, so I ignore them.

There are frustrated people both in Nigeria and the US. We've all got our shortcomings and personal trials and tribulations. Luckily, we are able-bodied folk with the capability of changing tomorrow. People choose not to change as they don't know lies ahead, so they remain bitter. Similar scenario in the Travel section some weeks back. After a while, I got tired of replying them. We know Nigeria isn't great, but don't make the US seem like some kind of utopia, because it isn't. Anyway, that's them. Either make change or step aside and keep quiet for someone who will.[/size]
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by Onlytruth(m): 5:33am On Jan 04, 2013
^^
You have an email Eze nwanyi. Happy new year!
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 04, 2013
^^ Okay, thanks smiley
Re: Were You Born And Raised In Nigeria Or The Diaspora? by ignis: 6:36am On Jan 04, 2013
I was born and raised in Nigeria..

What next?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Social Problems In Nigeria / LASU To Commence Hostel Building Project With Capacity Of Over 6000 Students / Proscription Of IPOB Legal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.