Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

The 48 Laws Of Power - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 48 Laws Of Power (4013 Views)

What Do You Think About The Book: The 48 Laws Of Power By Robert Greene / Where Can I Get 48 Laws Of Power Ebook / Marchiavelli's 48 Laws Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: The 48 Laws Of Power by yuzedo: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2014
pro01: Hands down, the most fascinating book ever written.
Truer words were never spoken!
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power by nku5: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2014
tpacalipse: That book is my second bible. Even though it looks devilish, I love it still.

I actually hate this book. It is responsible for a lot of the selfishness, bad governance and leaders we have in the world today.

I find that law that says "preach reform but don't reform everything at once" demonic. Leaders today can change the world overnight but its not in their interest to eradicate hunger, war and disease because they will no longer be seen as gods
Re: The 48 Laws Of Power by vedd: 11:28am On Jan 09, 2014
I've read the book and sometimes personalised its principles. But it teaches a win-lose approach & makes me too vindictive & manipulative.

I recommend a book by Kevin Hogan: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSUASION. Everybody- salesmen, politicians, clerics, public speakers, married or single.
It teaches an ethical win-win way of persuasion as part of everyday life instead of the manipulative nature of Robert Greene's 48 Laws Of Power. wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Instrested In Freelance Writting In The Following Areas For A New Magazin / TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) / Short Story: I Am A Monster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.