Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) (3971 Views)

Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 / Kings Of The Underground- A Memoir By Onuwaje / TUGRIL- (The Underground Rooms In The Library) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
After an advice from my Oga @ the top
Audreytimms, I have decided to repost Tugril...

This is a modified version, if you've read it before I think you need to start again so as not miss anything...

Welcome to as many that will read...

© Copyright, 2014 Akintayo Akinjide,Divepen

Nairaland, Seun Osewa, Ishilove and Other Writers here are trying to make sure out stories are not being stolen.Therefore, anybody that illegally update this story on his site will pay 1000 for every single day that this story spend on his website/blog/group. Also, this person will write a lengthy letter of apology to me, Nairaland and Writers at large for being a thief after the site owner or Google had taken down his or her site for as many days it take you to write the letter...

This story can only be copied by permission of the writer Akintayo Akinjide and he has the right to ask you to remove it from your site anytime he wishes to.
Contact me @ 07089578428 or Www.nairawriters. com/category/Divepen or Martinspaul22@gmail.com

LET THE STORY BEGIN

SUMMARY
Bidemi saw a beautiful lady, followed her and there his trouble started.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
Chapter 1
Bidemi saw no reason to do so but he felt he needed to watch the dark guy who opened his bag, looked about briefly and put some books into his bag. Nothing was fishy about him putting books into his bag, but Bidemi still felt like watching him.
'Excuse me, please', a soronous female voice said behind him.
Bidemi turned back to allow whosoever it was to pass. Shifting back, he was awed by the beauty of the dark lady he was seeing passing his front, he had seen so many ladies but had never be captivated so early like the one passing his front. He swallowed hard as the vanilla smell of her perfume captured his nose and held it bound, as he sniffled silently. The lady has an hour-glass-shaped body: she has a very tiny waist and a tiny shoulder. Her hair dangled around her shoulder giving her the aura of a queen. Bidemi allowed his eyes to follow her, roam over her and stop at her long hair, the thing he appreciated most in women. He was still appreciating her beauty when his eyes caught a very popular inscription. This inscription was popular among readers at Boost Brain Library located in University of Ibadan; the name 'Boost Brain Library' was written on one of the books the dark guy was putting into his bag.
'What!!!' Bidemi whispered, looking lost, taking his full attention away from the lady that captivated him.
Maybe, the guy forgot the Librarian at the door would give him trouble because no one is allowed to take the library book out of the library without proper documentation. Bidemi was sure the guy did not take it with proper documentation because they were coming from the same floor of the Library, and saw when the guy picked the book from the shelve.
'What's my concern?', he questioned himself, putting his books into his bag and zipping it up.
The lady came back again, this time to pick her bag. He could not help closing his eyes and sniffing in her perfume gently just to enjoy it. The lady was putting on a green three-quater gown which held her body like its life depended on it, showing her curves and making Bidemi's throat go up and down severally.
'Excuse me', she said quietly again as she get to his back, carrying her bag on her shoulder.
Bidemi shifted again. Suddenly, the books in her bag poured out. He ran to her side to help her pick the books which had scatter on the floor.
'Thank you very much', she kept on saying as he handed the books he was able to pick to her. She had also picked some, so she dropped then all into her bag, arranging them hurriedly. His eyes grazed quickly through her notes to see what her name might be, and if he is lucky enough, to see her faculty or department; however, he did not get the opportunity to see any of these; instead, he only saw some of her courses through her textbooks.
Unknown to both of them, his Library I.D Card had also dropped while he was helping her. The lady thought she was the owner, so she picked it and dropped it into her bag since they only need it when they want to enter the Library.
Like a flashback, Bidemi remembered the dark guy who had just dropped Brain Boost Library's book into his bag, so he looked up and was relieved to see the guy.
The guy carried his black back-bag from the room where bags were kept, and moved towards the exit that leads into the Faculty of Arts;
The Brain Boost Library has two exits. The one that leads from the faculty of Arts is the main one, it has a lot of flower trees in front of it that would make one wonder if the original builders wanted to build an orchard before thinking otherwise. The other exit faced the sport complex and regularly seen at this exit is a member university guards popularly known as the 'Abefele', whose chocolate shirt and black trousers is always Ironed; whose black shoes are always shining.
Although, the guard at this exit change everytime, one can still point at two people as the most popular among them-a fair slim lady from the eastern Nigeria and a chocolate skinned fat man from the western part of Nigeria.
Bidemi followed him to see the outcome. He plugged his ear piece to his ear as he followed the guy, who seems to have the whole day to himself as he moved gently towards the exit.
'Open your bag', a man with an aquiline nose (the type of nose Harrypotter star, Daniel Radcliff has).
' Should we always show our bag everyday', the dark guy asked, grumbling.
'Open it joor', the man restated, his business-like nose moved as he lean over the counter in front of him to see the content of the bag.
The dark guy opened his bag angrily. Bidemi's heart pounded like a drum that is beaten for war as he neared the exit, as he kept himself from blurting out that the guy had an illegal book in his bag.
Bidemi is a hundred level student who was in his first semester in the University of Ibadan and he is studying Linguistics and African Languages as a major course. He had faced some trouble in life and had wished he had talked earlier those time because the blame were later placed on him.
Bidemi wondered why he was afraid, when he was not even the culprit.
'Ok..', the man said.
Bidemi stopped breathing.
' You can go...', the man continued then faced Bidemi,' Yes... Let me see your bag'. The man searched his bag shabbily.
'You can go..'
'Whoa...' Bidemi mouthed, trying not to make any noise. There were some books he had borrow in his bag, he was waiting for the man to see and find out about the book. He always wanted people to see the book 'Microsoft For Dummies'. He wanted people to ask him questions; make fun of him, so that he can teach them all he had learnt from the
book.
Frustrated by the lackadaisical attitude of the Porters, Bidemi shook his head as he passed through the white, sliding-glass door. He met the dark guy outside, trying to close his bag. He was sure he saw the guy putting a library book into his bag but the guy has just proved him
wrong.
'These people are not efficient', he hissed loudly the moment he got to the side of the guy, purposely avoiding the guy's eyes.
'Are you talking to me?' the dark guy asked, looking sideways.
'No', Bidemi replied, bending his mouth to look like a small letter 'n' shape, 'I was complaining about those Librarians'.
'Oh! Those fools', the guy muttered.
'As in, I do not understand how he will not see the book I borrowed in the Library. With these people, one can always take all the books in the library to read'.
'It is not that people can always take.I have taken more than one.'
'Are you kidding me?' Bidemi asked, his heart warming up with delight that he was right after all.
'No....', the guy said just as they got to the round-about that divides the road to the main faculty(of Arts) and its Annex.
'Whoa, how are you doing it?' He asked as if he really wanted to know.
'It's so simple. All you have to do is to put thebook under the other books, sometimes I put them at some hidden place in my bag'.
Bidemi opened his mouth in feigned surprise as the dark guy kept on explaining the processes as if he was describing the happiest day of his life.
' For example', he said. He removed his bag from back and brought out a green bulky book titled ''The American Revolution'', ' look at this book', pointing it to Bidemi,' you were there when that man searched my bag. He did not see this because of my expertise'.
'But... But why can't you just borrow it legally?'Bidemi asked, surprised this time.
He felt he needed to record their speech to understand why the fellow would steal these books and just to an article on it for their departmental
press.
' I have lost my library card', the guy answered.
Bidemi continued checking his pocket for his phone. He narrowed his eyes and looked on as he and the guy moved on.
' So, how have you been entering the library?' He asked, to keep the conversation going.
' I've been using my friend s own'.
' I can't find my phone', Bidemi blurted out at last,'please do you have a little credit on your phone that I can use to flash it to know if it is here or not...'
The guy brought out a silver NokiaC3 and gave it to him.
With a fairly shaky hand he dialed his phone number.
Then, it started ringing, singing Kirk Franklin's 'None like you'.
Bidemi quickly touched his pocket, it was not there. The sound was coming from someone elses'
pocket- The guy. Bidemi felt like rushing him into the wall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Redoil: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
Forging/faking certificate to aspire to the highest position with threat of violence if rejected is now a serious business in nigeria.
Methink people whose first names ended in U should be allow to go scot free whenever they are caught.
Riddles
what is common among salisu buhari mohamedu buhari tinubu ahmead buhari and another buhari .
Send ur answer to APC cyber clonning centre
at www.buhari/osibanjo.com and win urself a poosh car.
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Fembleez1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Fembleez1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please do offer me a cup of koko as first to comment. Something reasonablecheesy
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
Chapter 2
Yemi picked his phone again to read her message.
' I have gotten in , at last'.
She was good and that was why he gave her the name Brain. He had been trying to find some missing people for a long time, but he had not gotten any clue until the girl (whom he recruited as a helper in the university) came up with an interesting discovery, and they had started working on it for days and he has started getting near the answer. All Yemi wanted was just to find this people and to go meet his beautiful wife, Mary.
When he received the message from Brain three days before that she had gotten what they needed, he almost jumped out of his seat in the class.
Yemi is a fair man, a five-feet tall man who few ladies would love to take as husband if beauty was the criterion for selecting husbans, but he was lucky enough that Mary, a very beautiful fair lady and his wife of six months, fell in love with him. He was an undercover detective who had been sent to the University of Ibadan alongside others to find what is making people dissapear. It is a well-known fact among the police force of Ibadan state that the students of the University don't need to fear for cultism again because it had been totally eradicated; even, students who fight are asked to face the Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC), the most fearsome name in the University.
His boss had sent letters to the authorities of the school, faculty, and department that they should allow him operate like a student while he is carrying out his job: that implies he would have matriculation number; he would read notes; make sure he pass every tests so as to remain in the school.
He was waiting for her- his new student-the one whose idea had given him progress in his search.
His Nokia phone vibrated, shaking as if it has convulsion. A message has been sent into it.
He saw the name of the sender and hissed irritatedly.
' Tomorrow is the last days'.
His main rival in the police force, Victor, had taken it upon himself to keep tag of the remaining days into the investigation because he, Victor, wanted the job, he wanted to be the one in the faculty of Arts but Yemi was asked to take it.
He looked up and saw Brain coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
Welcome fenbleez1

.Take one cup of koko

Redoil I will call Obinau, Humbledbygrace or Ishilove for you oooo

2 Likes

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Fembleez1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
Thanks boss,.........please do mind to help campaign for the return of the 'Quote' button? embarassed
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
I will see sir

1 Like

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Fembleez1(m): 10:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
Thanks boss
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by theorbiters: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
So u have started this story agin without calling me? I see

Issoke.
Front row sha
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
Sir, Fembleez1 I will check your story tomorrow
..Please mention me in case I don't show up...

my phone battery is low @ the moment.

1 Like

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
the orbiter no fex for me Oga....
I was on a haste and some people hate mention
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Dopeyomi(m): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Following..
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Fembleez1(m): 10:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
Arh cheesy, I will be most humble boss smiley

Expecting thou!
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 3:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Chapter 3
However, Bidemi's anger died down almost immediately, when he saw the guy bringing out a Tecno M3.
Bidemi's phone was a symbian phone.
Bidemi quickly changed the form of his face from that of anger to anxiety so that the guy would not know what had just happened within him.
' Hello', the guy said. He made gesture at Bidemi that he needs to leave the place he was standing to talk the person that was calling him. He was surprised that the guy was a christain. His phone was still ringing.
' How far?' The guy asked, when he returned, ' have you seen the phone?'
Bidemi wanted to ask him the reason he was tarnishing the name of God by stealing, but he decided against it.
' I've not found it', he replied, now searching his bag.
'Oh!!!' Bidemi suddenly realised something, 'I left it where I was charging it in the Library'.
The library is a source of power supply for people's gadget, especially, during times when the school's power supply becomes faulty. And a good source to those who reside off-campus - Agbowo, Ajibode etc.
Bidemi was dejected because would be going to the top floor since the Library is a four-storey building.
Although, there is an elevator in it, the elevator does not work. Technicians have tried to bring it (the elevator) back to life but it only jerk out of its slumber, then return to sleep I.e it might work for hours then stop working. Bidemi wanted to plead with the guy to help him hold his backpack so that he would run to the library quickly, besides taking the bag with him would delay since he would still have to go through the procedure of putting his bag in the bag room, go up to take the phone, and showing the content of his bag to the Librarians or the 'Abefele'.
Then, he thought otherwise, he would take the bag with, so he left the guy and started rushing towards the library.
'Erm...Bros, my phone', the guy called him back, making Bidemi skid to an halt.
'Oh!' Bidemi exclaimed as he turned to hand over the phone to the guy. Doing that, he ran off.
'Bros...', the guy called again.
Bidemi stopped, held his teeth together, open his lips and sipped in air angrily. He gritted his teeth and sucked in some oxygen, exhaling to help him changed his countenance, then he turned to face the guy.
'Let me help you hold your bag', the guy said, eyeing Bidemi's bulky bag. Bidemi's course mates had always complained about the number of books he brings to school each day, but he had learnt to ignore them.
' Ah! Thank you very much', Bidemi said, the relief showing in his voice. Normally, he would have refused to give the guy the bag because of what
the guy had done in his presence and he believed that anybody that have done something bad would have the capability of doing it again.
He removed the bag from his back and handed it to the guy, and then ran to the library for many reasons.
Firstly, to quickly get his phone before someone gets as he was not financially bouyant to get a new phone.
Secondly, to collect his bag from the guy, since he did not fully trust him.
Thirdly, so as not to delay the guy, who was kind enough to help him hold his bag.
Bidemi was almost at the door of the library when he remembered he did not pick his black leather wallet, where he used to keep his library card. He felt his pockets to be sure that he was not with his wallet.
'Rubbish', he muttered.
He turned, and ran back.
' Hey, Bidemi...' A well known voice called as he got to the round-about, making him screech to a halt, hissing silently. Closing his eyes, Bidemi slighly shook his head. He would have dared to continue running in pretence that he did not hear the voice but he knew better.
This voice has sent ladies away from him: The fear of the owner of this voice was the beginning of wisdom. He was not sure of what she wanted around him, but he hates being around the owner of this voice because she was always the cause his everyday fasting and prayer, because the owner so much love him but was always errotically dress and would flaunt it in front of him. And because of the owner's love for him, all girls had to flee. She love to seat beside him in class, and no other girl dared try it. The only girl that wanted to do otherwise because she herself love him was raped outside the university the same day.
He would have felt nothing bad about her sitting beside him until two days before today. While they were in class she brought her hand to his male organ and started rubbing it. He removed it angrily, then he felt a tug at his collar. He looked back to see one of her friends holding a biro-like knife to the back of his neck- indicating he must allow the
owner do as she wished. Even, when he looked at owner of the voice's face, he was dumbfounded to see that are eyes were as black as though smoke come from a burning tyre were coming out of it.
Her name was Grace.
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Chapter 4
Yemi decided to stay back after the brain left him and returned towards the faculty of Arts.
Then, his phone vibtated again. He had never stopped putting his phone on vibration ever since the day some armed robbers came to rob their house, and he was hiding when his phone vibrated to his body. He did not know when he changed the ringing profile to vibration but he appreciated how things worked that day because if the phone was not on vibration, it would have given his position away that day.
His wife was calling him.
' Hello honey', he said, a big smile showing on his face.
' Don't honey me... Don't just honey me...'
' What-'
' You want to start what every men do after they get married abi?'
' What are you talking about?'
' The information has gotten to me already',
' What informa---'
' Do you think I will not know?'
' Know what?'
' Stop pretending, that's how all of you pretend'.
' Wait...' He shouted,' what are you talking about?'
'Do I need to tell you...'
' What's wrong with you?'
'Well... I've been informed that you have started seeing different ladies', she shouted over the phone.
' But...but...'
' Don't but me... Is it true or not'.
He curved his lips in anger; angry at his wife not using her ever-wise brain to think that he was in school and in work that he surely see ladies; angry at whosoever informed his wife of his meeting with ' Brain'; angry that she would not allow him to explain if he tells her it was true.
' Yes... Who is there? Come in', she said, making him sense that she was talking to someone outside the house.
Yemi was furious, and looked about in the Gamaniel Onosode garden to try to see who his wife's informant was.
' Yeh...' Mary, his wife, shouted, ' leave me alone... Help... Help'
Yemi rose up from his seat, his head protuded in desperation that he was not there to help.
His intuition told him not to talk.
Her cry was drifting away from the phone.
' Three men are taking me away ooo... Help ooo', she screamed again and her voice faded off.
He did not want to be a center of attention, so he left the Garden, holding himself inwardly and trying to gently as he wondered who dare kidnap his wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Cybershow(m): 8:24am On Feb 01, 2015
Oh divepen u such a gr8 riter...ah i gbadun u..dix my first tym i wil read ur story..and u av dne it wel..bravo to u BOSS!!! Front row 4 me boss..and i nid kunu o
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by stuff46(m): 9:18am On Feb 01, 2015
oga divepen well done with the work here. Am lovinq the introductions, its makinq sense. Btw why yu de threaten people with mods, diaris god o
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
cybershow, thanks for the compliment
stuff46 no mind that guy jare
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Cybershow(m): 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Boss divepen u wlcm..offer d kunu abeg cux i dae wait 4 d nxt update
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by VigorousV(f): 7:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
wow...........so much loving dis

1 Like

Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
cybershow take your kunu

Chapter 5
Bidemi turned to face Grace, his coursemate, who was seductively dressed: she was having on her head a red weavon. Her ears were adorned with a very big earring- the type his friend Chukwudi would call the tyre of a trailer. Her eyes were lined with eye shadows and painted golden and her cheek, padded with blush. She was putting on a black leggings that was revealing her legs, and was putting on a see-through red armless top. She herself was fair, so when he saw her red lips, he had to silently pray in tongues by trying to blow out air as he was beginning to have serious
erection.
Grace ushed to him, hugged him, making wonder why she does like this around him because she did not love her but he dared not show it. The perfume of her body over powered his smelling organ. He dared not push her advances away, because she had an aura of fear that was always around her, even when she was smiling. It has been said that every men who tried to woo her by all means suddenly became dull of speech or were no more seen in school. Bidemi was not sure of the rumour but he knew he had to be careful.
' Grace!!!' He said, after she had released him, 'How far?'
'I'm good', she replied, 'so, where were you rushing to?'.
'Someone is waiting for me?'
'Oh! Don't let me delay you. I'm going to the library'.
'Oh! That's good', he replied as he weigh her words in his mind 'Library'. She had never being known to be too much of a reader.
Grace was always seating at the back of the class because he love seating there and this is because he hates people talking behind him whenever he is listening to lectures.
Bidemi felt relieved when she left him after pecking his cheek, looking round to confirm no one had seen that. He wanted to ask her for her entourage- her friends- but he knew better than to ask as this would increase the number of seductive touches he
would get, since she does not talk to him without touching him.
Seeing she had left him, he ran to where he left the guy and met him resting against a wall.
'So soon'.
'My Library card...' He said, panting.
The guy understood him, and gave him his bag. He ransacked his bag and brought out his wallet from it, and then ran off. As much as he did not love Grace, he wanted to see where she was going. As he was running towards the library, he saw her gallantly entering the library, her bag dangling by her side as though it was a dead man dangling from the ceiling from a rope. Bidemi stopped running when he got to the last step, trying to reduce his pant, and then open his wallet. His library I.D card was not there. He looked back.
He put his hands into his pockets. The only one there was that his friend.
'Where is my card?' he complained bitterly. He did not want to go back to the guy. What will he do now?
Chapter 6
Yemi did not know how he got to the school's gate, but he just kept on moving. He should have brought his car, at least that would have help him to get to his house earlier but he did not bring. Who knows what has happened to his wife? Who are the people that took her away?
When Yemi entered His house at Awolowo road, he looked about him, and saw nothing to point out the direction of where they might have gone. The centre table had turned and some part of his rug had crumpled; the green rug his wife cherished because it served as a background colour for the cream colour he and his used to paint their rented apartment. Yemi knew that the turning of table might have happened while his wife was struggling with her abductors.
' Who did this?' He muttered.
Then, his phone vibrated.
He hissed when he saw that it was his boss.
' Hello, where are you?'
' I'm at home'.
' You need to go into U.I now now...'
Yemi felt like crushing the phone.
' Sir--'
' I don't know what you are plan to do at present, but you must go there now'.
' But sir....'
' I said you should leave whatever you are doing', his boss shouted.
Yemi felt like crying, he felt like obeying his boss and at the same time he felt like shouting at his boss.
' My...'
' Shut up!!! A woman was tied to the tree there, and she has a time bomb around her'.
His phone gave a notification tone that he had received a message.
' Let them call someone that will stop it', Yemi said hastily as he moves out of the house, putting the call on handsfree, he checked the message.
' You have forty minutes to save your wife from exploding in the university of Ibadan'.
He gaped at the message.
' Are you listening?' His superior said.
' Sir?' He ran out.
' The man that can do it is stucked in a traffic jam at Challenge'.
' Yehh... She has forty minutes to live', Yemi shouted as he waved a bike down.
'U.I', he told the bike.
The bike rider was an hausa man.
' I no dey go por there'.
' Abeg'.
He shook his head.
' Oya 500 naira'.
The biker's eyes widen.
' Oya pipe hundred naira'.
' Hurry', he said, checking his phone, he saw that his superior was still on call with him, ' Hello sir... Are you there?'
' Yes... Yes..'
' Sir, Is there no replacement for this person'.
' No..'
Yemi almost jumped down from the bike.
' What?!'
' Yes oo... You are the one that will do it. The other police are afraid of even going near'.
' Where is she...?'
The battery of his phone went off.
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by theorbiters: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
I love the new chapters you added, it's cool.
I must commend you but at the same time, I think you should calm down and write. In ur last chapter, that part wen Yemi's boss called, you wrote, 'I don't know what you HAVE ON HAVE TO DO'. There is no quote button if not I wud have quoted that part. I wrote that part in Capital letters cos I think it should be 'have OR have to do'.

Nice one all the same. Just wondering how u wan take finish PAWNS and CODE BREAKER
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Cybershow(m): 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
Tenx 4 d dedication...bt kai..yemi lyf dn beta ah..mak e try im best o..bidemi hmmm..reserve dat..bt boss divepen i gbadun u
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by stuff46(m): 10:16am On Feb 03, 2015
This story eh, na only God know why you choose posting it here.
Btw, the chapters too short.

The bomb i hope they diffuse it because i don't what happened in... (dive you know na. Lol)
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2015
Chapter 7
Bidemi stared at his friend's I.d card, which looked like it was putting on a Uniform. He knew he must have dropped his own I.D card the library. His brain became void of ideas, no matter how hard he tried to find the tiniest one.
'What will I do?' He muttered, gritting his teeth.
Seeing that he had no option, he walked gently but briskly into the library and flashed the library card for the Librarian to see. Although he felt a clutching, sinking sensation in the chest he kept on maintaining a straight face.
The porter nodded his head to affirm that he was elligible to enter. The nod released the knot that was already forming Bidemi's stomach.
He tightened his fist and pulled it down happily, and then raced to the top floor. He was panting heavily when he got there.
'You forgot your phone', the Librarian in charge of that part told him.
'Yes ma', he said, not knowing if she was telling him or accusing him.
'God saved you, I was about to lock the door'. The room he charged his phone was a restricted area; restricted in the sense that people can only make researches in that room. They are not allowed to take any textbook into that part of the Library. More so, people cannot borrow any textbook from there. He picked the phone and went down. He slowed his breathe, then smiled, and gave a satisfied sigh as he climbed the steps.
As he came down, he noticed a guy and a lady kissing each other in a corner. He saw another set of people discussing. He knew the library is a place where lovers come to finish their love matters; Others use the library as a place to woo ladies; others use it as a place to sleep, while others others just meditate in there, staring at the old, worn out books as if would speak to them, teach them, reply their deep-felt pain or even let them know what their future might be.
' Wait', he heard, the moment he got to the ground floor. He looked up from the phone he was pressing to see the lady he saw the first time. Her beauty was so natural, no extra make-ups, making him wonder why the real beautiful ladies run from beauty pageant, leaving the made-up face to win it always.Bidemi studied her, making his heartbeat increased as he felt his body becoming warm.
' Is that your I.D card?' the porter asked, staring at the I.D Card. She turned it to look at the card.
' Oh!! She said surprisingly, her face distorting.
The lady searched her purse. Though, she was was not having much make-up on neither was she flamboyant, Bidemi noticed that she was from a wealthy home. Her handbag, purse, clothe, and shoes were made with qualitative material. She brought out her I.D card, and handed it over to the Librarian who seems eager to see it as if he had been praying to catch someone with a fake I.D. After collecting her card, she frowned as she
scrutinised the first I.D card, flipping it in her finger, her face straightening as she stopped flipping the card and she started staring at a spot on the card.
Bidemi stared at her as she carefully studied the I.D card. He wondered if it would be right to woo her and wondered if it was right to do so without praying. As a Christian, it is always wise to pray before going into a relationship because marrying the wrong person means one would live that person for 70 years plus of one's life. However, he was not ready to go deep into relationship with her until he had prayed but he must make sure he talk to her first or miss seeing her again. Just then, she looked up, and he quickly looked at his phone.
'Hey', she called, delight reflecting in her voice.
Bidemi looked up, pretending to see her for the first time in his life, squeezing his faces as if her face look strange, very strange.
' Are you...', she stared asking as she looked at his I.D, ' Ojewole A.F?'.
' Yes...?' He was not sure he knew how the reply came as a question. He knew that if it was on a normal day, he might have replied yes, but he wondered how she got his surname and initials.
'This is your library I.D card'.
'What!!' He said, surprised, 'how did it get to you?'.
'I don't know, but the only explanation I can come up with at the moment is that it must have fallen while you were helping me to pick my books the other time.'
'Ohhh!!!'
' And thanks again for the other time', she said as she headed for the room they keep bags.
'You are welcome', he replied, feeling an invisible hand of fear clutching his throat, leaving him speechless as he watched her stroll off into room; in fact, he seems to see her change her walking posture or was he seeing double?
Bidemi knew he was keeping the guy waiting, but he needed to talk to this lady.
He sat down on a sofa kept for people that just want to wait for others. This chair was facing the stair. From this stair one can see most sides of the ground floor.
When the lady came out of the room, she headed for the toilet.
He decided to wait for reasons he himself could not understand.
Five minutes.
Maybe she went for major, he thought. Major is the name given to the state of defecating. In this state one do not smile- never.
Twenty minutes, no view of her.
She might be thinking. He knows that toilet is the best place one can think uninterruptedly.
Thirty minutes.
' Guy... How far now?' The dark guy said as he came into the library, his brow drawn together and his eyes, narrowed, 'Have you forgotten I was waiting for you'.
He dumped Bidemi's heavy bag on his laps.
'I'm sorry'.
'Be sorry for yourself', he answered as he moved out of the library.
Forty minutes.
His heartbeat began to increase. What had happened?
He got to the front of the toilet and stared at the tag placed in front of it ' Female'.
Should he enter?
Should he not enter?

Chapter8
Lighting and thunder sparked in Yemi's brain, his eyes were no longer stable in their sockets. He held the phone tightly and press the power button, the light of the phone came up, gave him false hope a little, the red liquid in the battery icon danced a bit and then the phone went off again.
' Ehy', he and the biker shouted at the same time. He, for his phone; the biker, for just breaking the side mirror of a hummer jeep, the side mirror dangled from the car as though it was holding the only rope that would save it from dying.
Yemi did not notice that they had entered a traffic jam. It happened that while the biker was trying maneuver his way in the traffic jam, he lost control of the bike and ran into the side mirror of the hummer jeep. Seeing this, the bike man turned back and ran with his bike.
' Are you out of your sense...' Yemi shouted.
The driver of the hummer had stopped driving and had come out of the car.
The biker got out of the car.
Yemi checked his wristwatch and saw that it was twenty-nine minutes to go before his wife blow up.
' What.. What are you doing', he screamed at the biker.
' I dey go pass that side'.
' What of the car you broke its mirror? Won't you do anything about it?'
' I no get money por hummer ooo'.
' Okay... Go...just go...'
The biker rode through the un tarred road he had pass and kept on looking at his back, making the bike swerve a bit and making Yemi yell at him out of fear. Yemi understood why the man was running away from the owner of the hummer. The last time he also broke the side mirror of someone's car, he knew the amount he spent to get a new one and to fix it.
Yemi pressed his phone again with the hope that it would have cooled a little, it was came on again, warming his heart a little. Then, it showed an empty battery icon and went off. He hissed and wished he had done like one of those boys in the class whom he had started getting acquainted with. The guy, Matthew, has up to three batteries. At least, if he had such batteries he would have switched on his phone now.
' Aboki... Run now', he urged the bike man as he checked the time and saw that it was twenty four minutes before his wife explode. He hoped nothing happen to her, and even if it will happen, she should know that he was not a cheat before her death.
Suddenly, the bike rider screeched to a halt, making Yemi crash into him. The biker stabled the bike for some seconds, decided against such act, jumped from his bike and ran away.
Standing right in front on the road that lead to the tarred road was the owner of the hummer and some bike riders.
They came towards Yemi who had fallen off the bike.
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by donPhill(m): 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2015
divepen welcome. happy DAT u re back with TUGRIL
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Cybershow(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
Kai yemi and d bike man dn enta gobe...hmm mak bidemi no enta o
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by VigorousV(f): 6:46am On Feb 04, 2015
wow.........his wife must not die ooooo
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 04, 2015
Chapter 9
Bidemi wondered what will happen as he stood there. He kept on staring at the door, hoping nobody would see him. He mustered courage, moved into the toilet, making sure his feet was not making any sound especially as water were on the floor.
He peeped,
Withdrew his head.
Peeped again.
Withdrew his head again.
His heart was beating as if it would soon burst. Unconsciously, he did the sign of the cross, sucked in air and swallowed it and breath out hard, forcing all the carbon dioxide out of his respiratory system. He looked behind him to be sure no one was coming near the toilet. Now, to get to the toilet. One must go down within the library like an under ground
through steps, but He decided to focus all his attention on what his ear can do, he wanted to be sure that no water was running in the cubicles. He carefully listened for any slight moan, dragging of feet in toilet but the only sound he heard was a repeated 'tum' sound which seems to be coming from a tap that had been closed.
Foregoing his fear, Bidemi entered the toilet went to the cubicles and opened all the doors gently, hoping he would not open the door on any lady. No lady was in any of the cubicles, the lady was not there.
He did not even know her name, so he cannot call her. He looked up to the roof and even to the water drum, who knows she might be hiding there.
Was she a witch?
She must definitely be a witch, if not she could not have been so beautiful.
He shook his head as if doing so would pour out all this evil thought out of his mind. He did not want to see her as a witch, so he ran to the male's toilet. Though he could not think straight anymore his legs directed him on where he should go.
Bidemi returned to the female toilet and looked up at the ceiling to confirm if there was a hole in it, he saw nothing. He looked about, scanning the ground carefully to be sure she was not hiding anywhere.
He went to the other toilet again, there was no adjacent room, so where could she be?
He decided that he had no other option than to leave the toilet.
He would tell the security guard.
He wondered how he would tell them and even convince them. The best thing he can do is to tell one of them that his friends has been in the toilet for close to an hour.
With that he ran out of the toilet. Then he stopped because
he had mistakenly kicked a paper- a well known paper. He had seen the paper before, but his brain was not bringing back memories of where he had seen
the paper.
He felt a nudge; thereby picking the paper which was squeezed, and began straightening it with a fear he did not came out of no where.
'Meet Me In The Toilet By 5.00pm'.
'Oh', Bidemi exclaimed. He remembered that he entered the Library some minutes before 5.00pm and she came after, so the message was for her.
He ran back into the toilet to see if there was any evidence, but there was none.
He was dejected, he turned to leave when a sound caught his ear.
A phone was vibrating.
He looked at his pocket, dipped his hand into it, and searched for his phone, it was not ringing. He went to the cubicles again and searched them, one after the other but he saw nothing.
'Where is this phone?' He muttered, stood still and traced the vibration, then he followed the sound and got to the wall of the toilet. It must be in a room outside that place. So, he went out of the toilet looked at the other side and noticed it was blocked.
He decided to check the outer part of the Library.
When he got to there, there was no one and nothing there.
Then he went back to the toilet, and placed his ear to the wall, putting all of his attention into it. The phone was still vibrating.
So, he followed the vibration till he was kneeling down. He did not mind the dirt and water on the floor.
' What are you doing here?' Someone asked.
Bidemi jumped up, he wanted to jump out of his skin. His heartbeat increased especially when he turned to see a lady that was 4.2ft tall; one with a baby face.
' I'm sorry...sorry... One of my friends came here an hour ago, and I've not seen her since', he said pleading as he wondered if she was truly his friend. He knew he did not have an option at that moment than to say that.
'You are a liar', the lady accused, 'I will call 'Abefele for you'. She turned to leave, avoiding the wet ground.
His blood increased its race through his body, his breathe became faster and his adrenaline was faster than he had expected.
He pulled her cloth.
' Please, come back'.
However, he pulled her so hard that the pulling force was also as great as the force she was using to leave the toilet. One of them had to fall, and she was the one that fell.
She landed on the floor. Her unbraided hair sank into water, opening her bare head to hit the floor.
She screamed and stopped screaming almost immediately.
'What?' He exclaimed as he bent over her. She had close her eyes. She was not breathing.
'What have I done?', he said silently. His breathing was shaky, slow and prolonged.
' Ahhhhhh!!!!! You've killed her', another lady's voice shouted above him.
Re: TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library) by Dsparker(f): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2015
Am at ur bck bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fantasy Novels / Short, Witty, Freestyle Poems / A Collection Of African Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.