Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Beauty Of Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Beauty Of Marriage (5663 Views)

Definition Of Marriage To You? / My Husband Of Less Than A 1yr Of Marriage Has Changed / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 04, 2014
Kanwulia you and your hubby looking so good smiley

Enjoy
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2014
Hahahaha. AJ . . .the truth stays true always. No need for long turanchi. Happy new year darling and more watts and voltage of love to you and your baby oku.

@Topic,Marriage is a beautiful thing.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2014
I never truly got the hang of that word "companionship" until now.
I had a bout of cold/allergies some nights ago. One night I couldn't sleep from sneezing and coughing. Hubby stayed up all night to be with me. And we fell asleep in the early hours of the morning. I'd have done same for him. And the next when my dad called to know how we were doing, he said "we were sick thru the night"
That's the goodness of being together smiley

There are plenty perks to being married
E.g sex without guilt (covers face) wink
Having someone who's with you all along the way and you both can share problems. Nothing like 'his problem' it's now 'our problem'
No more 'his money' now 'our money'

Being together is a good thing.

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by CamilleGolgi: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2014
lorretta u: I never truly got the hang of that word "companionship" until now.
I had a bout of cold/allergies some nights ago. One night I couldn't sleep from sneezing and coughing. Hubby stayed up all night to be with me. And we fell asleep in the early hours of the morning. I'd have done same for him. And the next when my dad called to know how we were doing, he said "we were sick thru the night"

Having someone who's with you all along the way and you both can share problems. Nothing like 'his problem' it's now 'our problem'

wink
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Cestmoi1(f): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2014
Loretta and Adaobi made mention of a point that I really like.I think most marriages fail these days cos there's no mutual understanding.You ladies mentioned something like looking out for your partner's needs before yours and he/she doing the same thing.Though I'm still single but the mention of marriage scares the sh.it outta me.Married folks should pls come and share more nice experiences.Between,happy married life Loretta.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Maipride(f): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2014
taryour: Nice thread,here is what works for me.
Firstly I went into my relationship with a statement on my mind(if my mum can remain with my dad with all the challenges they had which I also witnessed,then I can do better)
Ability to communicate effectively, while dating and up till now in marriage with 2 kids our communication has remained very very solid.
Communication has really helped my relationship a lot,it helps us both trash our differences amicably,there are somethings I can't say to my hubby face(cause I know I might not present it well and I don't want to be rude) so I put it into a chat and he understands me perfectly well. Each time we have our arguments,we make sure we apologise n trash it out before the end of the day.we do not go to bed in anger.
I have also learnt not to argue so much with my hubby,whenever he is angry with me am quite and let his anger subside then I apologise(even if deep down in my heart I know I wasn't wrong)I still apologise,I know how angry my hubby can get and I know better than to push further,we both have a bad temper but there can only be one leader,outside my home you don't dare mess with me,I will dish it to you very hot and spicy. I am the very aggressive type but hubby isn't,he is more calm than I am. I argue a lot too but not with hubby except in cases when we are gisting and having fun. Hubby loves football but I hate it with everything but what can I do I simply got used to it,my first son already took after him as a football fan.
We both understand ourselves perfectly,we have been together for over 8years now. We have had our ups and downs which has taught us to be more united and understand ourselves better.
Our sex life might not be has active as when we where still single cause of kids but we have both been active,we have fun anywhere in the house(of course when kids are asleep or in school).we try out new things and I sure don't forget my bowl of ice-cream when I want to give a special treat(call me a dirty woman/raw woman/sex freak/whatever) I care less,his my man.
We have remained each others best friends,we share gifts,watch movies together,shop together,hubby goes to market for me at times and cook as well, we gossip together and share news with each other. We are both social media fans(we actually meet on a social forum and started as friends before dating which led to our marriage). We don't hide anything from each other,we share same passwords in most cases,we know our pins. He introduced me to nairaland and he is also a active member on nairaland.
We do not encourage 3rd parties into our affairs,it has never and will never happen. What ever happens within our walls die within our walls.we both help ourselves to remain strong in work life and business life. We support ourselves in every possible way we can with the help of God and for once I have never regretted meeting my hubby. If there is a next life,I would chose the same man all over again.
My marriage is not perfect cause there is no perfect marriage but I tell you,marriage is fun and am loving it all the way.

Am loving this.. And am really LEARNING.

But me that marriage ish dey scare me small small o....
What IF †ђξ Guy changes negatively?
I had a relationship where i gave it my best shot... Putting his needs before mine, helped him in †ђξ little ways i could but alas, he turned out bad...

But then, i definately know i will marry someday soon but i won't expect TOO much from my hubby because †ђξ devil sef was once an angel.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 04, 2014
Mai pride:

Am loving this.. And am really LEARNING.

But me that marriage ish dey scare me small small o....
What IF †ђξ Guy changes negatively?
I had a relationship where i gave it my best shot... Putting his needs before mine, helped him in †ђξ little ways i could but alas, he turned out bad...

But then, i definately know i will marry someday soon but i won't expect TOO much from my hubby because †ђξ devil sef was once an angel.

Don't worry someone who will appreciate you for who you are Wil soon be there.

Just keep doing what makes you happy.
All the best

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Maipride(f): 10:26am On Jan 04, 2014
lorretta u: I never truly got the hang of that word "companionship" until now.

Loretta, Happy married life... May you be best friends forever.
Abeg send E-cake to me.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by pedestal82(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2014
@OP, i agree, that couples shld share the beauty of been married. That's why am gonna share mine.
It helps to tell the single that marraige is not all the bad stories they read everyday.
Well, my marraige will be a year, by Febry. The dating period was abt her doing all the loving, though i knew, she was a good person. I felt, she was all too possesive and feeling choked up.
​so i did the stupid thing, break up!
A year later, i did what a lot of guys fail to do, i went back to beg, this was after i told my
Self the truth. Why waste ur time with all this ladies that don't care about u, when u hv sombody that loves you  bits.
She accepted me back, and a year later i did the needful. We got married.
11 months now hv never regreted that decision. My love for her has continued to grow
And i think mine is now more than hers, though still a subject of argument between us, lol.
We have had moments and period of arguments, she gets angry and i get angry. But have agreed before now, that before our night prayers to go to bed, all disagreements and anger has to be settled. And it has worked for us thus far.
Marriage is sweet, it gives u the sense of responsibility, knowing that sombody is there for U, and whatever actions U̶̲̥̅ take might affect another. And the sex without guilt, like OP, said a wonderful feeling!. Do it whenever and wherever.
The singles marraige is not all that gory stories u hear, the most important is to get a good partner that loves U̶̲̥̅, and love them back.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by crackhaus: 11:09am On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmmm... Nice.
smiley
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 04, 2014
Yea that's what I'm talking about smiley
pedestal82: @OP, i agree, that couples shld share the beauty of been married. That's why am gonna share mine.
It helps to tell the single that marraige is not all the bad stories they read everyday.
Well, my marraige will be a year, by Febry. The dating period was abt her doing all the loving, though i knew, she was a good person. I felt, she was all too possesive and feeling choked up.
​so i did the stupid thing, break up!
A year later, i did what a lot of guys fail to do, i went back to beg, this was after i told my
Self the truth. Why waste ur time with all this ladies that don't care about u, when u hv sombody that loves you  bits.
She accepted me back, and a year later i did the needful. We got married.
11 months now hv never regreted that decision. My love for her has continued to grow
And i think mine is now more than hers, though still a subject of argument between us, lol.
We have had moments and period of arguments, she gets angry and i get angry. But have agreed before now, that before our night prayers to go to bed, all disagreements and anger has to be settled. And it has worked for us thus far.
Marriage is sweet, it gives u the sense of responsibility, knowing that sombody is there for U, and whatever actions U̶̲̥̅ take might affect another. And the sex without guilt, like OP, said a wonderful feeling!. Do it whenever and wherever.
The singles marraige is not all that gory stories u hear, the most important is to get a good partner that loves U̶̲̥̅, and love them back.

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 04, 2014
wink u knw na
crackhaus: Hmmmm... Nice.
smiley
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by crackhaus: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2014
lorretta u: wink u knw na
grin grin

I like your 'new' experiences and brand new outlook on the institution of marriage.
You deserve to be happy and stay happy in it for the rest of your life lolly pop.

*still following*
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by LerrieJohn(f): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2014
I wish I could say marriage is sweet, or marriage is bitter, or marriage is forever, or marriage will lead to divorce, or marriage means you and your partner will always love each other, never fight, never cheat, never flirt. Or that you guys will be able to always complete each other's sentences, read each other's thoughts, be always supportive of the other, or be forever sexually attractive and never boring.
Unfortunately/ fortunately ( depends on how you look at it. Either as a glass halfway full or as a glass halfway empty) marriage isn't either one of these things.
Marriage is a complex combination of all these things. And the ability to make it work depends on ones maturity plus other varying factors that we all know very well.
If siblings born of the same parents can't stand each other all the time, imagine how it is for two individuals who have no blood tie to live together.
Sometimes in marriage you feel so happy, you are in heaven. Other times you almost hate your partner as intensely as you love them. Other times you feel comfortable, I'm getting used to it, lemme use this or that approach, it will be well. And when you begin to relax, thinking you have known it all, you and your partner love and understand each other perfectly, another temptation pops in to try your foundations and you start learning all over again.
Yes marriage is beautiful. It's full of never ending experiences happy and sad; difficult experiences that will make you question your very self. But at the same time, magical moments that words can't describe enough. It's not limited to you and your partner, it includes your kids as well.
Different individuals with different identities but with one common goal, THE FAMILY and united with one common sentiment, LOVE.
That's the way marriage is supposed to be. But when these difficulties become life threatening and aren't bound by love anymore the best option is to go apart.
So what makes marriage work for me? My answer is ME. I make my marriage the way I desire it to be. Loving and respecting my family and putting their needs as a priority cos my family is me and I am them.

5 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by mysticgal(f): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2014
My mum always says this"most times whereby people say,marriage is not a bed of roses,i shake my head and rephrase;it may not be a bed of roses but i strongly tell you even as my daughter that there are sweet cheeries in it"take it or leave. kiss
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
Well said. [b][/b]
Lerrie John: I wish I could say marriage is sweet, or marriage is bitter, or marriage is forever, or marriage will lead to divorce, or marriage means you and your partner will always love each other, never fight, never cheat, never flirt. Or that you guys will be able to always complete each other's sentences, read each other's thoughts, be always supportive of the other, or be forever sexually attractive and never boring.
Unfortunately/ fortunately ( depends on how you look at it. Either as a glass halfway full or as a glass halfway empty) marriage isn't either one of these things.
Marriage is a complex combination of all these things. And the ability to make it work depends on ones maturity plus other varying factors that we all know very well.
If siblings born of the same parents can't stand each other all the time, imagine how it is for two individuals who have no blood tie to live together.
Sometimes in marriage you feel so happy, you are in heaven. Other times you almost hate your partner as intensely as you love them. Other times you feel comfortable, I'm getting used to it, lemme use this or that approach, it will be well. And when you begin to relax, thinking you have known it all, you and your partner love and understand each other perfectly, another temptation pops in to try your foundations and you start learning all over again.
Yes marriage is beautiful. It's full of never ending experiences happy and sad; difficult experiences that will make you question your very self. But at the same time, magical moments that words can't describe enough. It's not limited to you and your partner, it includes your kids as well.
Different individuals with different identities but with one common goal, THE FAMILY and united with one common sentiment, LOVE.
That's the way marriage is supposed to be. But when these difficulties become life threatening and aren't bound by love anymore the best option is to go apart.
So what makes marriage work for me? My answer is ME. I make my marriage the way I desire it to be. Loving and respecting my family and putting their needs as a priority cos my family is me and I am them.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
smiley
You sha follow for my 2013 testimonies
*great new friend*
crackhaus:
grin grin

I like your 'new' experiences and brand new outlook on the institution of marriage.
You deserve to be happy and stay happy in it for the rest of your life lolly pop.

*still following*

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by CamilleGolgi: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
Lerrie John: I wish I could say marriage is sweet, or marriage is bitter, or marriage is forever, or marriage will lead to divorce, or marriage means you and your partner will always love each other, never fight, never cheat, never flirt. Or that you guys will be able to always complete each other's sentences, read each other's thoughts, be always supportive of the other, or be forever sexually attractive and never boring.
Lorrie I love your post. You've said it all.
cry
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 1:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 1:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 2:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by ypepe: 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
Kanwulia, my head is seriously aching and u r not helping matters!
Pls, do stop.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Jojo4truth: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
,Am actually new in marriage 2yrs counting now,d union has been wonderful.Marriage is like a foundation if well constructed it makes d building strong and beautiful even wen it is old.So the beginning of a marriage determines the future,so far so good am enjoyin my marriage and am equally not scared abt d future because it is built on a solid foundation.
It has to be built on trust, love and understanding.
@lorreta u I envy ur union,and to those of u planning to join the group come know shaking jst make sure u find the right partner to grow old with.I hereby rest my fingers,e no easy to type o.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Ballotti: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
Deleted!
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
Lerrie your post is very touching and REAL. Need I say more? cry

Your marriage is how you make it to be. I see it as a conditional contract. Like a pet entrusted in your care . You nurture it till old age.

Marriage is an investment for your old age, so you don't end up lonely and angry.

Happy Married Life Lorreta smiley Good thread.

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Calloti, nice pics! wink kiss
Loretta, I still dey wait for pikshures oo angry angry
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by LerrieJohn(f): 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Camille Golgi, Ewurro, Kanwuila

Thank you guys.
Marriage ain't easy but for those of us in it we know sey the pros plenty pass the cons. Monkey fine e no fine but e mama like am like that. grin grin

@ ballotti your posts are sooooo fuuuuuun cheesy wink . Nice pixs.
Re: The Beauty Of Marriage by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tomorrow. I promise. The pictures are large. I'm still figuring out a way to reduce the sizes so I can upload.
alutacontinua: @Calloti, nice pics! wink kiss
Loretta, I still dey wait for pikshures oo angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Money Back Guarantee!! Knee Protector For Sale!! / Proud Emma Thompson Poses With Adopted Refugee Son At Graduation Six Years Later / What Is The Issue Leading You To Depression Now! Intelligent Minds Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.