Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is Spending Hours To Braid Your Hair Worth It? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Spending Hours To Braid Your Hair Worth It? (915 Views)

9 Steps On How To Braid Your Girl Hair. / Cheap And Good Place To Braid Hair In London / Is It Fashion For A Guy To Braid His Hair. Your Views: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Spending Hours To Braid Your Hair Worth It? by yourstrulyblog(f): 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hair! Hair!! Hair!!! Trust ladies to always talk about hair. Yesterday, I had an interesting conversation with Frances Okoro. Guess some of you know her already - click HERE for the link to her blog. Guess what we discussed? Hair, obviously! Sometime, yesterday, she went to braid her hair, and it was like she sat down for what seemed like forever. "making yarn braids" "just finished now" "But, kai bum bum dey pepper me" she typed. "am telling u?" "is it worth the siddon". "It is, but my sister disagrees", Yours Truly typed. "my sister hasn't braided her hair in more than five years". "What does she do?", Frances asked. "weaves?" "or natural". "She makes her own weaves and wigs", I replied. That raised a lot of questions.

Receding hairline

Ladies, basically, is sitting down for what seems like forever just to braid your hair really worth it? Well, it has its pros and cons, depending on how you look at it. The cons are - you can no longer feel your bum bum (you are at an increased risk of developing a grade 2 pressure sore, lol - maybe I'm exaggerating), your hair is constantly being pulled by the hairdresser and you might develop a throbbing headache. Also, it takes hours to take your hair out, and minutes, maybe hours to detangle your hair after that. Woe betide your hairdresser if you leave the salon looking bad. As a child, I hated going to the salon because of one 'wicked' hairdresser. She would pull my hair, and each time I went there, I developed a throbbing headache.

The pros include the convenience of avoiding bad hair days, you go to the salon less frequently, and you save time and energy.

My sister has always been of the opinion that sitting down for hours just to braid your hair isn't worth it. According to her "why braid your hair when you can make your own weaves and wigs (as in clip on extensions)" "It saves you time and money" "You can take it out whenever". However, I agree with her, but, to an extent. It is time consuming to style your hair every morning, although it saves you money" "I am a very busy woman and time is of the essence - I can't waste my precious time styling my hair every morning". All I do is tie my braided hair, and I am good to go. Also, wigs if not secured can fall off which is embarrassing. I envy guys though - they don't go through all that stress.

Perhaps, all you need is a good wig/weave, and you are good to go

Ladies and gentlemen, is sitting down for hours just to braid your hair worth it? Yes? No? Different opinion? Indifferent?

For more, visit
http://yourstrulyblogposts..co.uk/
Re: Is Spending Hours To Braid Your Hair Worth It? by Babe2sure(f): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2014
To me, it is worth it cos I am not a saloon person. I do braids so that I will not need to be frequenting saloon often and it will be easier to style in the morning. It's just that one will not be doing it too often to avoid receeding hairline.
Re: Is Spending Hours To Braid Your Hair Worth It? by shoesaffairs(f): 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
Good news ladies. Same braided hair looks, No long hours of sitting, No back pains. Braided wigs!!!!!! Call 08039713744 to order. Delivery available nationwide.

(1) (Reply)

Whitening And Lightening Powders Available / Check Out All The New And Crazy Ways To Contour! / Urgently Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.