Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Another American Wants To Make A Nollywood Film - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Another American Wants To Make A Nollywood Film (735 Views)

How Best To Identify A Nollywood Movie / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film? / Nollywood Film, ; Free Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another American Wants To Make A Nollywood Film by Seun(m): 9:19am On Aug 07, 2008
Her name is Cauleen Smith. She acts, directs, writes, produces, et cetera.
Cauleen Smith , I’m waiting anxiously for her film as well.

She’s fascinated by Nollywood, the huge, profitable and chaotic film industry in Lagos, Nigeria, and decided the best way to learn about the field was to make a Nollywood film. (I guess Franco Sacchi’s documentary, This is Nollywood, makes it a little harder to make an art film about Nollywood.)

Visiting Lagos, Smith found that her contacts were more interested in holding her for ransom than letting her make a film. But they were generous with their critiques of her ideas for films, rejecting most of them, but finally embracing the plot of Alfred Hitchcock’s psychodrama, Rebecca, which one of her collaborators/captors calls “a very African story.”

I have high hopes that she’ll both remake Rebecca in Nigeria and release a film about her own obsessions, explorations and encounters with Nollywood - I’d pay to see both.
http://transition.turbulence.org/blog/2008/08/06/unusual-collaborations-at-creative-capital/

Someone should tell these people that Nollywood is no longer the unregulated, dynamic industry it used to be. sad

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Make Of Daarsat Tv / President Dressed Up As Elvis And Dancing Like Michael Jackson / Dark Angel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.