Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited (1991 Views)

Jose Mourinho has just Ignited Rivalry With Pep Guardiola / Nigeria,cameroun,egypt,ghana-this Are All Top Ten African For Brazil 2014 Cup! / AWC 2012: Nigeria Vs Cameroun (2 - 1) On Monday October-29 -2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by greatwaters: 7:45am On Jan 04, 2014
Almost a decade ago, the biggest rivalry in African football was Nigeria vs Cameroun. But as time went on, both countries went on some sort of decline in football. Lately, however, they seem to be finding their footing once more, with Nigeria winnin the AFCON in past year, and both countries qualifying for world cup.

So, instead of rolling in the mire with Ghana, who are now thinking they are our rivals, lets re-kindle the old rivalry between us and cameroun, by organising a friendly after the world cup.

What do you think guys?
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters: Almost a decade ago, the biggest rivalry in African football was Nigeria vs Cameroun. But as time went on, both countries went on some sort of decline in football. Lately, however, they seem to be finding their footing once more, with Nigeria winnin the AFCON in past year, and both countries qualifying for world cup.

So, instead of rolling in the mire with Ghana, who are now thinking they are our rivals, lets re-kindle the old rivalry between us and cameroun, by organising a friendly after the world cup.

What do you think guys?

I agree 100% I keep hearing Ghana and Nigeria rivalry, which is absurd. Ghana and Nigeria are rivals in many areas but football is not one. You can quote me on this you can't call it rivalry when one side (Ghana) always dominate. Ghana doesn't really have a rival when it comes to african soccer.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Theben(m): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

I agree 100% I keep hearing Ghana and Nigeria rivalry, which is absurd. Ghana and Nigeria are rivals in many areas but football is not one. You can quote me on this you can't call it rivalry when one side (Ghana) always dominate. Ghana doesn't really have a rival when it comes to african soccer.

Which many areas na? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Bros always desist from sipping alomo before making a comment. Football is the only reason we call ourselves rival. Nigeria is a big brother to Ghana in all other areas. Yes, even crime grin grin
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:13am On Jan 04, 2014
Theben:
Which many areas na? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Bros always desist from sipping alomo before making a comment. Football is the only reason we call ourselves rival. Nigeria is a big brother to Ghana in all other areas. Yes, even crime grin grin

No, Ghana is the big brother and we tend to lead then you follow. If Ghana had the same pop as Nigeria it wouldn't even be a debate who is the greatest. You are call big brother because of your pop. Anyway let me squash this once and for all. You are only significant because of your population and nothing else.
Don't know how many times we have to go through this. Ghana lift ten times her weight. There is nothing that Nigeria and Nigerians are better than Ghanaians except music and entrepreneurship. Anything that has to do with pop you will win but when it comes to quality we will win.

Can you honestly say Ghana and Nigeria are rivals in soccer?
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Theben(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Not Ghana is the big brother and we tend to lead then you follow. If Ghana had the same pop as Nigeria it wouldn't even be a debate who is the greatest. You are call big brother because of your pop. Anyway let me squash this once and for all. You are only significant because of your population and nothing else.

Can you honestly say Ghana and Nigeria are rivals in soccer?
Can you honestly say Argentina and Brazil are soccer rivals? Can you honestly say mexico and USA are soccer rivals? Can you honestly say England and Germany are soccer rivals? If you can provide a genuine answer to these questions, then I guess you won't be needing my own answer.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:20am On Jan 04, 2014
Theben:
Can you honestly say Argentina and Brazil are soccer rivals? Can you honestly say mexico and USA are soccer rivals? Can you honestly say England and Germany are soccer rivals? If you can provide a genuine answer to these questions, then I guess you won't be needing my own answer.

So you agree that one (Ghana) tends to dominate and others are just noisemakers( our brothers from the east). When you look at the list the only one you can say that come close to a rivalry is Argentina and brazil because their credentials are similar.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by greatwaters: 8:21am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Nigeria and cameroun have always been the big brothers in African football. If you have been a fan of football for a long time, you'll know this. Ghana doesnt have enough to rival Nigeria, when they only temporarily dominated for a few years. Its like saying the biggest rivals in the E.P.L is Man U vs chelsea when everyone knows the Long-lasting rivalry between Man U and liverpool.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters:
Nigeria and cameroun have always been the big brothers in African football. If you have been a fan of football for a long time, you'll know this. Ghana doesnt have enough to rival Nigeria, when they only temporarily dominated for a few years. Its like saying the biggest rivals in the E.P.L is Man U vs chelsea when everyone knows the Long-lasting rivalry between Man U and liverpool.

No it is Egypt and Ghana, then Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:26am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters:

How come Ghana doesn't have enough. From youth to senior it is Ghana and Nigeria. Considering they are the only two african countries to win U17 and U20 World Cup and they have come in 2nd place numerous times also. No other african team has even come close to third place in any youth tournament. When it comes to senior team look at our credentials. You surely don't know football

https://www.nairaland.com/1516394/best-african-football-nation
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by greatwaters: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

How come Ghana doesn't have enough. From youth to senior it is Ghana and Nigeria. Considering they are the only two african countries to win U17 and U20 World Cup and they have come in 2nd place numerous times also. No other african team has even come close to third place in any youth tournament. When it comes to senior team look at our credentials. You surely don't know football
Bro, rivalry isn't just a trophy thing, its about bitter competition, always wanting to dominate a particular oppenent. I dont know how old you are, but since the 80's and 90's and early 2000's, the star match everyone in Africa would want to see is Nigeria vs cameroun. trophies alone dont make rivalry.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:37am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters:
Bro, rivalry isn't just a trophy thing, its about bitter competition, always wanting to dominate a particular oppenent. I dont know how old you are, but since the 80's and 90's and early 2000's, the star match everyone in Africa would want to see is Nigeria vs cameroun. trophies alone dont make rivalry.

You might have rivalry with Cameroon but don't go around throwing sentence such as Ghana can't rival Nigeria. When history shows that Ghana tends to dominate Nigeria and Ghana has more trophies than Nigeria. Do you get my drift?

Ps having a rivalry with someone doesn't mean you are the two best, it just simply means y'all can't stand each other.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by greatwaters: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

You might have rivalry with Cameroon but don't go around throwing sentence such as Ghana can't rival Nigeria. When history shows that Ghana tends to dominate Nigeria and Ghana has more trophies than Nigeria. Do you get my drift?

Ps having a rivalry with someone doesn't mean you are the two best, it just simply means y'all can't stand each other.
I dont want to talk about beig best, thats another case entirely. But if Nigeria doesnt think Ghana is worth having such competition with, then sorry sir, you are not our rivals.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Theben(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters:
Don't mind him. Even when both countries are not at their best, there is always this 'I'll rather die than to lose this match' attitude that is always displayed by the players of both teams. It's always like world cup final.

But Nigeria - Ghana rivalry is more of rival with the fans than with the players. The fans are the ones who always create the atmosphere of rivalry. I've watched some boring Naija - Ghana matches but never witnessed a Naija - cameroon boring match.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:52am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters:
I dont want to talk about beig best, thats another case entirely. But if Nigeria doesnt think Ghana is worth having such competition with, then sorry sir, you are not our rivals.

Maybe you are not getting me, Ghana has no rival in Africa because we are simply the best. Again you can't call it rivalry when one side is clearly superior.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 8:56am On Jan 04, 2014
Theben:
Don't mind him. Even when both countries are not at their best, there is always this 'I'll rather die than to lose this match' attitude that is always displayed by the players of both teams. It's always like world cup final.

But Nigeria - Ghana rival is more of rival with the fans than with the players. The fans are the ones who always create the atmosphere of rivalry. I've watched some boring Naija - Ghana matches but never witnessed a Naija - cameroon boring match.

Theben we are saying the same thing. I don't think Ghana and Nigeria has rivalry when it comes to football because we all know Ghana is clearly better. Again you can't call it rivalry when one side dominates. Ghana has no rival in Africa.

I do however agree that the rivalry between Ghana and Nigeria is more about the fans. Then again it is fans that great rivalries.

USA is becoming more of rival for Ghana than say Nigeria. Then again so far it has been one sided
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:00am On Jan 04, 2014
Naija noni in the house.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:13am On Jan 04, 2014
greatwaters:

Why would you want to play someone that constantly beats you.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Cameroon

Nigeria
Nigeria Confederations Cup squadHomeHonoursPlayersMatchesHead to headAll-time stats
Nigeria national football team: record v Cameroon

Head-to-head records of Nigeria against other teams. Select the opponent from the menu on the left to see the overall record and list of

Games won: 8
Games drawn: 7
Games lost: 4
Date Match Result Score Competition
26 Apr 1960 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 International
08 Dec 1962 Nigeria v Cameroon W 3-1 Nkrumah Cup
15 Apr 1963 Cameroon v Nigeria W 1-3 International
31 Aug 1967 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 International
07 Dec 1968 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 FIFA World Cup
22 Dec 1968 Cameroon v Nigeria W 2-3 FIFA World Cup
22 Jan 1975 Nigeria v Cameroon W 1-0 International
17 Jul 1978 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 African Games
02 Feb 1980 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 International
18 Mar 1984 Cameroon v Nigeria L 3-1 African Nations Cup
17 Mar 1988 Nigeria v Cameroon D 1-1 African Nations Cup
27 Mar 1988 Cameroon v Nigeria L 1-0 African Nations Cup
10 Jun 1989 Nigeria v Cameroon W 2-0 FIFA World Cup
27 Aug 1989 Cameroon v Nigeria L 1-0 FIFA World Cup
25 Jan 1992 Nigeria v Cameroon W 2-1 African Nations Cup
07 Aug 1997 Nigeria v Cameroon W 1-0 CUP Leg 97
13 Feb 2000 Nigeria v Cameroon L 2-2 (3-4) African Nations Cup
01 Jun 2003 Nigeria v Cameroon D 0-0 LG Cup
08 Feb 2004 Cameroon v Nigeria W 1-2 African Nations Cup

http://www.11v11.com/teams/nigeria/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Ghana

Ghana

Games won: 10
Games drawn: 18
Games lost: 21
Date Match Result Score Competition
16 Oct 1950 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 International
11 Oct 1954 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 International
28 May 1955 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 International
01 Jun 1955 Ghana v Nigeria L 7-0 International
27 Oct 1956 Nigeria v Ghana W 3-0 International
27 Oct 1957 Ghana v Nigeria D 3-3 International
31 Jul 1958 Nigeria v Ghana W 3-2 International
31 Oct 1959 Ghana v Nigeria L 5-2 International
28 Aug 1960 Ghana v Nigeria L 4-1 FIFA World Cup
10 Sep 1960 Nigeria v Ghana D 1-1 International
10 Sep 1960 Nigeria v Ghana D 2-2 FIFA World Cup
08 Oct 1960 Nigeria v Ghana L 0-3 Nkrumah Cup
08 Apr 1961 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 African Nations Cup
30 Apr 1961 Ghana v Nigeria D 2-2 African Nations Cup
01 Jun 1961 Ghana v Nigeria L 3-0 WAC
15 Dec 1961 Ghana v Nigeria L 5-1 International
03 Jan 1962 Nigeria v Ghana D 1-1 African Nations Cup
10 Nov 1962 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 International
22 Jan 1967 Nigeria v Ghana D 2-2 International
09 Feb 1967 Ghana v Nigeria L 2-0 International
10 May 1969 Nigeria v Ghana W 2-1 FIFA World Cup
18 May 1969 Ghana v Nigeria D 1-1 FIFA World Cup
08 Jan 1973 Nigeria v Ghana W 4-2 African Games
10 Feb 1973 Nigeria v Ghana L 2-3 FIFA World Cup
22 Feb 1973 Ghana v Nigeria D 0-0 FIFA World Cup
31 Aug 1975 Ghana v Nigeria L 3-0 International
08 Mar 1978 Ghana v Nigeria D 1-1 African Nations Cup
21 Jul 1978 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 African Games
01 May 1983 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 International
05 Mar 1984 Ghana v Nigeria W 1-2 African Nations Cup
27 Jul 1986 Ghana v Nigeria L 2-0 CEDEAO Cup
06 Feb 1987 Ghana v Nigeria L 3-1 West Africa Nations Cup
02 Sep 1990 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 African Nations Cup
13 Apr 1991 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 African Nations Cup
02 Nov 1991 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 CEDEAO Cup
23 Jan 1992 Ghana v Nigeria L 2-1 African Nations Cup
09 Mar 1994 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 International
28 Aug 1999 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 International
10 Mar 2001 Ghana v Nigeria D 0-0 FIFA World Cup
28 Jul 2001 Nigeria v Ghana W 3-0 FIFA World Cup
03 Feb 2002 Nigeria v Ghana W 1-0 African Nations Cup
15 Dec 2002 Ghana v Nigeria W 0-1 International
23 Feb 2003 Nigeria v Ghana D 0-0 International
30 May 2003 Nigeria v Ghana W 3-1 LG Cup
23 Jan 2006 Nigeria v Ghana W 1-0 African Nations Cup
06 Feb 2007 Ghana v Nigeria L 4-1 International
03 Feb 2008 Ghana v Nigeria L 2-1 African Nations Cup
28 Jan 2010 Ghana v Nigeria L 1-0 African Nations Cup
11 Oct 2011 Ghana v Nigeria D 0-0 International

See why you can't call Ghana vs Nigeria rivalry. Is funny how you don't want to compete with Ghana but you have played more games with Ghana than any other team, it just happens to one sided while Nigeria vs Cameroon is evenly matched.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Theben(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Maybe you are not getting me, Ghana has no rival in Africa because we are simply the best. Again you can't call it rivalry when one side is clearly superior.

But to be honest, Ghana has done us some favour in football. Call it match fixing, I don't care. I remember we were in the same qualifying group for the 2002 world cup. We needed to win our last match to guarantee our place at the world cup. Ghana however had no hope of qualifying. So the final match against Nigeria in Accra was a mere formality. Ghana had to gift us 3 goals in that match to ensure our place in the tournament. I'll always be grateful to the Ghanaians for that. I've never considered that victory as a victory for Nigeria. Cos there was no way we could have beaten Ghana in Accra by 3 goals to nothing.

However, Ghana clearly dominating Nigeria is nothing but farce. Most of the victories were in the 50s, 60s and 70s when football had no pedigree. This same period happen to be when Ghana along with Sudan, and Ethiopia dominated African football.

The real rivals are cameroon. Met them in a couple of Nations cup finals, of course the won all grin grin grin grin. And we have also eliminated them in so many quarter final and semi final stages of the African cup of Nation. The greatest rivalry in African football remains Nigeria vs Cameroon.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by naijanoni(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Hmmn ghana has more trophies ??.
How ??.
These are all what both countries have won majorly:-

Ghana:-
Four Afcon trophies,
One U/20 world cup trophy,
Two U/17 world cup trophies,
Three U/20 African Youth trophies,
Two African U/17 championship trophies,
One WAFU trophy.

Total trophies won=13

Nigeria:-
Three Afcon trophies,
Four U/17 world cup trophies,
One Olympic gold
Two African U/17 championship trophies
Six African Youth Championship trophies
One WAFU trophy

Total trophies won=17

Female football:-Nothing to talk about.We murder ghana and d rest of africa.
We are like a bully to d rest of africa when it comes to female football.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by naijanoni(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2014
When it comes to total trophies/honours won at all major levels of football,both male and female,Nigeria is d most succesful country in african football.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2014
naija noni:
Hmmn ghana has more trophies ??.
How ??.
These are all what both countries have won majorly:-

Ghana:-
Four Afcon trophies,
One U/20 world cup trophy,
Two U/17 world cup trophies,
Three U/20 African Youth trophies,
Two African U/17 championship trophies,
One WAFU trophy.

Total trophies won=13

Nigeria:-
Three Afcon trophies,
Four U/17 world cup trophies,
One Olympic gold
Two African U/17 championship trophies
Six African Youth Championship trophies
One WAFU trophy

Total trophies won=17

Female football:-Nothing to talk about.We murder ghana and d rest of africa.
We are like a bully to d rest of africa when it comes to female football.

Obviously when I talked about the trophies I was talking about the senior team. Even at that if Nigeria is number 1 when you factor in all the trophies, Ghana is number 2 and no other african country come close so where did greatwater get the idea that Ghana can't rival Nigeria. That's an insult to the great football nation of Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:23am On Jan 04, 2014
naija noni: When it comes to total trophies/honours won at all major levels of football,both male and female,Nigeria is d most succesful country in african football.

Forget female because no one give a damn about it.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Theben:
But to be honest, Ghana has done us some favour in football. Call it match fixing, I don't care. I remember we were in the same qualifying group for the 2002 world cup. We needed to win our last match to guarantee our place in the world cup. Ghana however had no hope of qualifying. So the final match against Nigeria in Accra was a mere formality. Ghana had to gift us 3 goals in that match to ensure our place in the tournament. I'll always be grateful to the Ghanaians for that. I've never considered that victory as a victory for Nigeria. Cos there was no way we could have beaten Ghana in Accra by 3 goals to nothing.

However, Ghana clearly dominating Nigeria is nothing but farce. Most of the victories were in the 50s, 60s and 70s when football had no pedigree. This same period happen to be when Ghana along with Sudan, and Ethiopia dominated African football.

The real rivals are cameroon. Met them in a couple of Nations cup finals, of course the won all grin grin grin grin. And we have also eliminated them in so many quarter final and semi final stages of the African cup of Nation. The greatest rivalry in African football remains Nigeria vs Cameroon.

That's the thing about football no one stays on top forever. It just happens that Nigeria and Cameroon became great at the same time. When it comes to football Ghana has no rival. Even if we haven't won it recently we have been in the mix of things most often than not. Again rivalry is just rivalry it doesn't mean two rivals are the best. Egypt and Algeria have a fierce rivalry.

Nigeria and Cameroon dominated in the 80s and 90s and Egypt dominated in the 2000s see that the beauty of football. No one stays on top forever, so you can't discredit Ghana dominance in those decades and don't forget in the 80s and 90s Ghana was going through hardships, and most Ghanaians were displaced in Nigeria and other countries. Football was the last thing in the mind of the average Ghanaian. Did you ever think of that? That had more to do with others catching up to Ghana in terms of football.

Ps my Liberian friends still gives me Sh.t over that game. They said we cheated them out of a World Cup.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by naijanoni(m): 9:32am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

Forget female because no one give a damn about it.
Yeah YOU dont give a damn about it.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2014
naija noni:
Yeah YOU dont give a damn about it.

No one give a damn. I can bet 99.9% of Africans don't even know there african women's cup.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:48am On Jan 04, 2014
Theben:
But to be honest, Ghana has done us some favour in football. Call it match fixing, I don't care. I remember we were in the same qualifying group for the 2002 world cup. We needed to win our last match to guarantee our place in the world cup. Ghana however had no hope of qualifying. So the final match against Nigeria in Accra was a mere formality. Ghana had to gift us 3 goals in that match to ensure our place in the tournament. I'll always be grateful to the Ghanaians for that. I've never considered that victory as a victory for Nigeria. Cos there was no way we could have beaten Ghana in Accra by 3 goals to nothing.

Even if you take away 50s,60s,70s it is still Ghana 9 wins- Nigeria 6wins

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by naijanoni(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2014
@Jigga_man u don't understand d meaning of "rivalry".
Two countries dont need to have equal or close head-to-head stats to be called "rivals".
When two countries are rivals in football,they'll always want to outshine each other by any means in anything football.
In tournaments,Matches against each other,football awards,e.t.c.
How many times one country comes out tops over d other doesnt matter.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Theben(m): 9:51am On Jan 04, 2014
I just discovered that the Nigeria - Ghana world cup qualifiers was played in Lagos. So we owe Ghana no gratitude. We won the match fair and square.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:53am On Jan 04, 2014
naija noni: @Jigga_man u don't understand d meaning of "rivalry".
Two countries dont need to have equal or close head-to-head stats to be called "rivals".
When two countries are rivals in football,they'll always want to outshine each other by any means in anything football.
In tournaments,Matches against each other,football awards,e.t.c.
How many times one country comes out tops over d other doesnt matter.

That's what I am saying, I agree with them that Ghana and Nigeria has no rivalry because Ghana is better.

Cameroon and Nigeria rivalry makes more sense because they are true neighbors and they are identical when it comes to football pedigree.

I don't think they are better than Ghana, that's the point I am making.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by naijanoni(m): 9:53am On Jan 04, 2014
Jigga_man101:

No one give a damn. I can bet 99.9% of Africans don't even know there african women's cup.
Hahaha.Thats not a fact.
You'll say 99.9% of your family and friends,NOT 99.9% of afrians.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:54am On Jan 04, 2014
Theben: I just discovered that the Nigeria - Ghana world cup qualifiers was played in Lagos. So we own Ghana no gratitude. We won the match fair and square.

It was but according to most spectators they said Ghana sold the game and they did Liberia bad. Liberians still cry about that match, they said we cost them their greatest chance of going to the World Cup.
Re: Nigeria-cameroun Rivalry Must Be Re-ignited by Jiggaman101: 9:56am On Jan 04, 2014
naija noni:
Hahaha.Thats not a fact.
You'll say 99.9% of your family and friends,NOT 99.9% of afrians.

Of course it is not a fact, I was just drawing your attention to how unpopular it is among Africans. Apart from Nigeria the only other country to win the cup is Equatorial Guinea. Ghana is yet to host the tournament because it is not on our agenda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sure Betting Tips For Thursday 28-09-2017 / The Worlds First Gay Footballer And He's Nigerian / Cash Out And Never Lose A Ticket Again Now On Naijabet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.