Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Rest In Peace, James Avery - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Rest In Peace, James Avery (533 Views)

K-peace Wins Nigerian Idol Season 5 / Fresh Prince Of Bel Air's 'uncle Phil', James Avery Dies Aged 65 / James Avery, Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Actor Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Rest In Peace, James Avery by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
James Avery made TV viewing a delight for me as a kid growing up, especially as “Uncle Phil” in “The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air”.

The only other father figure that impacted me better as regards sitcoms is Bill Cosby.

He was funny, yet in his own way sending the message to youths of today represented in that sitcom by Will Smith, who was archetypal juvenile delinquent.

I’ve seen a few movies where he featured and as usual left his mark as a very good actor.

Besides been good at his job, you couldn’t associate him with any scandal as is norm with many actors of his stature in Hollywood.

He would be missed sorely by those close to him, including family and colleagues, as well as fans such as myself.

So sad that he had to leave at such an unripe age of 68, following complications from heart surgery.

May his soul rest in peace!

‘kovich

REST IN PEACE, JAMES AVERY | madukovich's cogitations - http://madukovich./2014/01/04/rest-in-peace-james-avery/

Re: Rest In Peace, James Avery by prof800(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2014

(1)

Cartoons / Poverty Did Not Allow Me To Attend Higher Institutions - Actor Aremu Afolayan / Watch This Funny Cartoon I Just Created Dat Featured Patoranking And Timaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.