Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? (603 Views)

The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World / Jamie Foxx Calls Barack Hussein Obama "God" And Our Lord and Saviour' / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by cryptic99: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Rev 19:16 - "And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." KJV

Odd spot to sport a tattoo smiley but then Jesus can do whatever he likes. Afterall, he's the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by khattab02: 12:42am On Jan 05, 2014
Lol.. Your title got me cracking. Anyway, if he is the King of kings and lord of lords, where do you put God almighty or God ''the father'' according to some??

1 Like

Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by cryptic99: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2014
khattab02: Lol.. Your title got me cracking. Anyway, if he is the King of kings and lord of lords, where do you put God almighty or God ''the father'' according to some??

Well apparently, Jesus is God and God is Jesus so we're talking about one and the same person, that is if you believe in the trinity doctrine; but that's beside the point - the fact is that somewhere on his thigh, Jesus has an inscription. Some might call it a tattoo.
Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by khattab02: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
cryptic99:

Well apparently, Jesus is God and God is Jesus so we're talking about one and the same person, that is if you believe in the trinity doctrine; but that's beside the point - the fact is that somewhere on his thigh, Jesus has an inscription. Some might call it a tattoo.
hmm.. The trinity doctrine is flawed even according to the Bible, anyway I won't go into that. Yeah he has an inscription on his thigh according to the book of revelations.
Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by cryptic99: 7:06am On Jan 07, 2014
Well isn't it in contradiction to the part of scripture that says 'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.' Lev 19:28 - I mean since he has one?
Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by khattab02: 10:58am On Jan 07, 2014
cryptic99: Well isn't it in contradiction to the part of scripture that says 'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.' Lev 19:28 - I mean since he has one?
oho ooo.. Can somebody answer the question above? So there is even a verse of the bible against tattoo and yet .... Ok. interesting.
Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by cryptic99: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
khattab02: oho ooo.. Can somebody answer the question above? So there is even a verse of the bible against tattoo and yet .... Ok. interesting.

There was an anti tattoo thread opened some months ago and Lev 19:28 was used as support with people forgetting that Jesus himself has one at least according to Rev 19:16. So it's hypocrisy to oppose tattooing using one part of scripture ignoring some other part that appears to lend credence to it.
Re: Does Our Lord And Savior Have A Tattoo? by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:17am On Jan 08, 2014
Well, before raining accusations on Jesus for having an inscription on his thigh, you may well consider that the Book of Revelations should not be taken literally, you will lose its message if you do.

Please check the meaning of the original greek word translated as 'Revelation'. Even the meaning of the word Revelation suggest using revealing Symbolic things. Rev 1:1"...and he sent and SIGNIFIED it.....".

If you insist on taking the inscription on Jesus thigh literally, then you ought to do the same for every other part of revelation. Eg Dragon exist (which is not the case as dragon is a fictional creature-check dictionary), Woman called babylon the great sits on a wild beast with 7 heads and 10 horns/crowns (Rev 17:7)-No one has seen such a creature. A hybrid beast exist which has a leapards body,a bears claw etc the Mark of the beast is a Tatoo and the Seal of the annointed is a Tatoo too- (Rev 14:1).

So in the book of Revelation, things are not really what they seems (that is they are figurative/Symbolic in meaning).

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Back From The Valley Of The Dry Bones! / Is Revelation 9:15-18 Taking Place? / Criticism Pt. 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.