Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah (2144 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / Common Mistake Made During Salat / God and Allah: Are they the same? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah by barackodam: 1:58am On Jan 05, 2014
Salam Alaykum, Most of we Muslims, we make this mistake while invoking Allah, although, unknowingly,

while invoking Allah usin his Attributes, we tend to say,
Ya Rahman, 100ce
Ya Gafar, 100ce
Ya Razaq, 100ce etc,
but do we know the meaning of this words??

Oh Mercifull, 100ce
Oh Forgiver, 100ce
Oh Provider, 100ce etc,
may i ask, do these words make sense, ofcourse not, how wud it seem to just b chanting Oh d Forgiver endlessly without addin notin, the question is, wat apend to the Forgiver, Mercifull, Provider, or rather wat should He do, i implore while invoking Allah, we fully invoke im, eg

Ya Rahman, Irhamni
Ya Gafar, Ighfirli
Ya Razaq, Irzuqni,
wch means,

Oh the Mercifull, hv mercy on me
Oh the Forgiver, Forgive me
Oh the Provider, Provide for me,

this way, it makes more sense than the latter.

I hope u learnt 1 or two things from this.

MA SALAM

3 Likes

Re: Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah by lafex: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Is this ur opinion? If its yes I will like to tell u that u r wrong cos ALLAH says in the qur'an suratul Israh vs 20 that 'Say I call upon ALLAH or I call upon ARRAHMAN, anyone u call is mine, all the beautiful names are mine.... ' till the end of the verse.
The verse means that u can use any of the beautiful names to ask of anything from ALLAH since he is the only one bearing the names. So u dont tag a particular dua to each name. Ur opinion means ARRAHMAN is different from ARRAHEEM et cetera.
If I am to go with ur opinion what will u put in front of YA ALLAH?

1 Like

Re: Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah by barackodam: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2014
lafex: Is this ur opinion? If its yes I will like to tell u that u r wrong cos ALLAH says in the qur'an suratul Israh vs 20 that 'Say I call upon ALLAH or I call upon ARRAHMAN, anyone u call is mine, all the beautiful names are mine.... ' till the end of the verse.
The verse means that u can use any of the beautiful names to ask of anything from ALLAH since he is the only one bearing the names. So u dont tag a particular dua to each name. Ur opinion means ARRAHMAN is different from ARRAHEEM et cetera.
If I am to go with ur opinion what will u put in front of YA ALLAH?

easy bro, we shudnt argue, and its my opinion
ansa to ur qst, wat does Ya Allah mean....Oh God!
So wud u say Oh God, god me
I stil insist u are mistaken, Ya Razaq 100ce, wat hapend to the Provider??
Re: Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah by lafex: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2014
barackodam:

easy bro, we shudnt argue, and its my opinion
ansa to ur qst, wat does Ya Allah mean....Oh God!
So wud u say Oh God, god me
I stil insist u are mistaken, Ya Razaq 100ce, wat hapend to the Provider??
What I mean is that u dont use personal opinion for conclusion in Islam, U only use what is according to the quran and sunnah.
The verse simply means that u can use any of the names to ask of anything from ALLAH in any language but u must not tag them d way u do . If u like use Arrazak or Arrahman to ask of everything u wantin ur language ALLAH will provide u provide ur believe is strong on it nd u follow the right way.
Do u get my point?
Re: Mistake We Make While Invoking Allah by barackodam: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2014
lafex: What I mean is that u dont use personal opinion for conclusion in Islam, U only use what is according to the quran and sunnah.
The verse simply means that u can use any of the names to ask of anything from ALLAH in any language but u must not tag them d way u do . If u like use Arrazak or Arrahman to ask of everything u wantin ur language ALLAH will provide u provide ur believe is strong on it nd u follow the right way.
Do u get my point?

b4 i opend ur comment, i had 1 tin in mind....CASE CLOSED....and ur comment wunt change it

(1) (Reply)

Hamza And The Lion Of Allah / The Meaning Of Al-Quran / Women's Inheritance Laws In Judaism And Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.