Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,391 members, 7,958,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? (727 Views)

Not Many Nigerian Guys Will Do This (photo) / How Many Nigerian Men Can Do This? / U GO FEAR English......now!!! Can You Speak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Xbee007(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2014
The fact is when I see someone speaking more than two Nigerian languages I feel elated.
There was a guy I met while I was in 100level, this guy speaks Hausa, Idoma, Yoruba, and Igbira fluently. Actually the guy is from Benue state but has travelled wide and I guess he is pretty good at picking Language up.
At times I wish I were like him because I have been in the North for almost a year now and I can't even brag with my hausa although people tell me to give it time that I will pick it up little by little.
Right now I speak Yoruba, English and Hausa is still coming gradually.
I wish I am posted to the Southern parts during my NYSC so as to pick Igbo too.
The question is right now Nairalanders how many Nigerian Languages do you speak?
Re: How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by iconize(m): 8:41am On Jan 05, 2014
None!
Re: How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by harlos: 9:15am On Jan 05, 2014
yorubaundecided
Re: How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2014
The FG really should establish and promote ''Nigerian Language School'' !! Or something close !

Yoruba is the only Nigerian language i speak fluently but very soon I'm gonna invest heavily in learning 20 Nigerian Languages!
Re: How Many Nigerian Languages Do You Speak Fluently? by Xbee007(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2014
iconize: I speak 4 Nigerian languages fluently.
Igbo, yoruba, english and pidgin english
Well, that is great. Do u know that some people can't even speak 1 out of over 400 diff languages we have in Nigeria? They claim to speak only English nd if u happen to listen to them speak that English they claim to speak they ar not so good in it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Footballers Disguise After Their World Cup Failure / A Letter To Seun / Ofego What Some Guys Pass Through When Choosing Life Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.