Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Network Engineers Only - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Network Engineers Only (957 Views)

Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here. / Agric. Engineers Only. / For Process Engineers, Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Network Engineers Only by silvaspecs: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hello guys. I am really @ a fix right now as to the specifications I'd give contractors at my place of work, of our proposed Internet service.
site survey information:
this is a university environment, which wants to totally supply rubost internet access to the campus.

there is however an already-existing wireless network. but you know the issues that normally comes with wireless na... link failures, radio & /AP failures, etc

we therefore go on wired. but dnt knw if fibre can b used in such an environment (school) to network all d blocks/faculties

pls help me out with your expertise. .. Many Thanks!
Re: Network Engineers Only by Skywalker5(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Dont know a lot of core networking but i do know you can use fibre optic to communicate with different buildings. We use Fibre optic at my work place to join another building not far from the main building
Re: Network Engineers Only by Mellorix: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
(Personal Opinion ) I am not sure you need FO as a requirement - It is very expensive to implement - (Wireless is the future _ what problem do you have with Wireless) .. I have implemented a wireless network for an SME and everything all working fine. FO would be need when connecting buildings , offices, etc.

You might explain your requirements more so we can dig deep..
Re: Network Engineers Only by silvaspecs: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sky-walker:
Dont know a lot of core networking but i do know you can use fibre optic to communicate with different buildings. We use Fibre optic at my work place to join another building not far from the main building

Exactly what I intend to put forward. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Network Engineers Only by silvaspecs: 10:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mellorix: (Personal Opinion ) I am not sure you need FO as a requirement - It is very expensive to implement - (Wireless is the future _ what problem do you have with Wireless) .. I have implemented a wireless network for an SME and everything all working fine. FO would be need when connecting buildings , offices, etc.

You might explain your requirements more so we can dig deep..

Many thanks for your post. but I only wish to use the wireless link as the secondary network, should the wired malfunctions at any given tym. the cost isn't really a problem here.
once again, thanks...
Re: Network Engineers Only by wanjiku1980: 11:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Re: Network Engineers Only by bashexyz: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2014
For an Educational Environment. Wireless is your best bet.. Running fiber optics is very expensive to run. And when theres fiber cut it take a long time to fix. All transmission media have their pros and cons... But if you get your wireless implementation right. You have nothing to fear. I implement both wired and wireless deployment for both Large and small enterprises..

I can always put your through.

Bash

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Revealed Shockingly Simple But Powerful Secrets To Generate 5 Figure / Bsc Micro Biology. / Newly Crown King With His Pretty Wife, Guided By Young Boys With CUTLASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.