Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Still On Basketmouth's Joke On Twitter, #rapeisnotjoke - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Still On Basketmouth's Joke On Twitter, #rapeisnotjoke (517 Views)

See Funny Comments As #EDOGIRLS Trends On Twitter / See The War Between Yoruba And Igbo On Twitter Hashtag #yorubaboys / Tweetfight: #kenyansVsNigerians Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Still On Basketmouth's Joke On Twitter, #rapeisnotjoke by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 07, 2014
the responses that followed Basketmouth's joke on twitter got me thinking about a whole lot of things. One of them is if the sensitivity of rape is SLIGHTLY over blown to the point that some people even call for a chemical castration of rapists.

I am not making rape to look like something trivial. And yes, men get raped too so we cant say that i am saying this becos i am a man.

I think rape isnt about peniss and vaaginar. The reason rape is different from sex and is a crime is becos it is basically a bully. That one is being used against his/her will. So if what i have said is true, then no one has to have being victim of rape to know how damaging it is.

I have been bullied several times. I know how crippling it can be. I know how much fear and trembling can be induced into a victim of bully. I know how unsure of yourself you can be, as a man, if you are bullied. I know how difficult it is for victim of bully especially if he is male, to reassure himself that he is a "man" and can still move on/get over the awfull and terrible experience. I also know that death can result from an experience of bully especially if it goes unchecked...CONTD

1 Like

Re: Still On Basketmouth's Joke On Twitter, #rapeisnotjoke by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 07, 2014
i also know what lowself esteem can result from a bully experience especially when it is repeated.

It wouldnt sound ok for me to say that the one who is bullying me should have his hands severed, woukd it? Yes, he has to be restrained and i have to be protected. But when i begin to campaign that his hands be severed, how then can i convince others that i am not asking for vengeance?

So if raappe is basically bully and is like all the things i have mentioned above, when then is bully not as sensitive as rappe? Why then dont we have ppl going to jail for bullying others?

How can we be sure that the sensitivity rape enjoys over all other kinds of bully isnt down to female privilage which makes them to be taken more seriously when they speak up?

It could be that i sound like someone you cant trust very much, but i want you all to believe me that i mean no harm. May be i have used words and expressions that have corrupted my real intention which is by no means harmful, i want you all to forgive me for you cannot imagine the fear in my mind that i could be misunderstood and be hurled insults at; and how careful i have to be in my choice of words and expression so that in the end, i get confused and i do exactly the opposite of my real intention. This isnt a simple task especially for one who doesnt have the best command of the English language and whose mother tongue isnt English.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn How To Speak Yoruba / Muslims Celebrate Feast Of Sacrifice / Traditional Uses Of Noni Fruit By The Polynesians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.