Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Toronto Family Decides To Live Like It’s 1982 - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Toronto Family Decides To Live Like It’s 1982 (980 Views)

Download Kamar Ft. Ice Prince – I Like It (prod. Leriq) / Skelewu Madness: Man Decides To Dance Fully Unclad To Win Davido’s $ 3,000 / Amazing Monkey Working Out - Doing Sit Ups & Push Ups Like It's Nothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toronto Family Decides To Live Like It’s 1982 by Jolad007(m): 10:37am On Jan 07, 2014
A family’s decision to live like it’s 1986 turned out to be a big modern-day attention grabber.

QMI Agency put the spotlight late last summer on members of a Guelph, Ont., family who have shunned post-1986 electronics and other conveniences.

The story went viral and became the 11th-most read article on torontosun.com.

“The week after you published the story, the phone was literally ringing off the hook,” father Blair McMillan, 26, told QMI Agency.

Newspapers from around the world frantically called his old-fashioned landline for an interview.

Some contacted QMI Agency with the impossible request for an e-mail address to reach the family. Others asked McMillan to e-mail them, obviously forgetting that form of communication did not exist in 1986.

Of those who did reach McMillan, “75% of people would either say ‘look us up on this’ or ‘what’s your e-mail?’ I’d be, like, I only have the phone,” he said with a chuckle. “It’s like they don’t even realize how different it was.”

Agents for reality shows also saw the opportunity in televising the strange experiment.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Ugliest People In The World / After 19 Years Of Marriage, 52-year-old Woman Finally Gives Birth / South African DJ Suspended After Requesting For Oral S*x On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.