|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1062872 members, 1235866 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2013 at 07:15 AM
|How Do I Use An Apache Server On Dreamweaver? by charlie.k(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2008|
does any one knows how to use dreamweaver to preview dynamic pages with php codes esp how to use an apache server with dreamweaver?tnx
|Re: How Do I Use An Apache Server On Dreamweaver? by uspry1(f): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2008|
You did not tell us which version of Dreamweaver you use? Dreamweaver MX? Dreamweaver MX2004? or Dreamweaver CS2/CS3?
Here is Adobe Developer Center: PHP and Dreamweaver MX Video Tutorials
Description: Watch and follow along with these interactive video tutorials to create basic PHP pages in Dreamweaver MX.
The following video titles you will learn in the following order:
1. Overview of PHP and Dreamweaver MX (202K)
2. Setting up a PHP site in Dreamweaver MX (387K)
3. Testing a PHP setup (148K)
4. Creating a MySQL database (735K)
5. Creating a connection to a MySQL database and creating a dynamic table (419K)
6. Using the Insert server behavior (390K)
7. Using the Update and Delete Record server behaviors (1213K)
8. Reviewing of some of the options in the PHP Insert bar tab (329K)
Go check Nairaland Webmasters section, you will find many topics you want to create PHP coding there or use google.com.
Examples of PHP coding:
PHP email form submission
PHP shopping cart with encrypted credit card information
PHP product catalog/inventory management with MySQL database
PHP control panel management
PHP login authorization system with MySQL database
PHP music playlist with MySQL database (just like iTunes, Frostwire, Limewire clone)
PHP multiple video files selection with MySQL database
many more----be creative use your imagination!!!
|Re: How Do I Use An Apache Server On Dreamweaver? by benGALLERY(m): 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2008|
My Brother that ask this question im once like you, and i once went through the problem of using apache and dreamweaver to build PHP site.
Here is my advice,
1. although Dreamweaver can be use to build PHP site using the Sever Behaious
2. and other, and people often say tha apache is best for PHP.
But i am telling dont settle for this two untill you try other option, my tested solutions.
1. If you are using Windows Operating system 98, 2000, or XP (pls Use the Microsoft IIS webserver), no need for the complex configurations of Apache.
2. Please avoid using the Dreamwever Server Behaviours, it will make code more difficult to manager. i.e it is better you learn PHP, i mean "understand and write your code".
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health