Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? (1168 Views)

Is It Wise To Start A Business With Loan / I'm A Graduate And Not Yet Employed.need A Business Idea With 500k Cash At Hand. / A New Business Idea With Picture Of Getting Started. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by macklef(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Business gurus, i need you to help me with your experience ideas, i have a seemingly unique idea, i have perused round but am yet to find a first mover in this idea, as such i will like to venture into it. But we no how the discouraging part goes, its either one dosnt have enough money, or really lacks the technical know how on how to go about it. At this stage, one might need a partner, but scammers are everywhere, they listen carefully to the idea, tell you it wont work but go back to work on it, and that may be how their sucess story begins.
So pls i would need your advice, how do i protect my idea from beign hi-jacked if actually i cant do it on my own and i need a 2nd party? Pls ill appreciate your answees, thank u.
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by realnaija(m): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it, the best you can hope for is to get them to sign a contract of some sort. But as this is Nigeria as they say take a leap of faith
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by LifeQuest(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
realnaija: Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it, the best you can hope for is to get them to sign a contract of some sort. But as this is Nigeria as they say take a leap of faith

You can ask a lawyer to prepare a non disclosure agreement that he will sign. That is what i do most times
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by macklef(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
LifeQuest:

You can ask a lawyer to prepare a non disclosure agreement that he will sign. That is what i do most times

Hmmmm, but does dis kindof agreement monitor him or only restricts him, because am tired of nigerians, too greedy, they can hide under anothers personage to outwork the plan. Dont you think so bro? Or can you help me with more insight?
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by LifeQuest(m): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2014
macklef:

Hmmmm, but does dis kindof agreement monitor him or only restricts him, because am tired of nigerians, too greedy, they can hide under anothers personage to outwork the plan. Dont you think so bro? Or can you help me with more insight?

its 50/50...it can only work for intellectual properties under patent law. its ur original idea.

follow me so that i can send mail to u.
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by macklef(m): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2014
LifeQuest:

its 50/50...it can only work for intellectual properties under patent law. its ur original idea.

follow me so that i can send mail to u.
allright bro, i will follow u and also send you PM.
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by realnaija(m): 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
The law in Nigeria is an ass I am sorry to say. Don't throw good money down the toilet to a lawyer for a contract agreement. Look online and download, get a law student (plenty about) to proof read and make applicable changes.

If you have a job and collateral, go to a bank and take a loan, Go to your family and friends. But if you are not sure it's a sure banker go ahead and share both the profit and RISKS with some one else.
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by Angelstartups(f): 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
Note this: No idea is entirely new under the sun.As you are initiating an idea,someone else is doing the same elsewhere.Do the non-disclosure agreement thing,but the truth is execution is everything and not ideas.Ideas may be stolen,but execution cannot.There are numerous ideas that you have thought if and people you don't know have executed not because it was heard from you,but because they also thought of it.You are not an island of ideas.Get out there,if you are sure of yourself and meet investors,only those that can add value to you.Sign up on angelstartups.com.ng for example and connect.
Re: Is It Wise To Share A Business Idea With A Stranger Who Professes To Be Genuine? by macklef(m): 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
Angelstartups: Note this: No idea is entirely new under the sun.As you are initiating an idea,someone else is doing the same elsewhere.Do the non-disclosure agreement thing,but the truth is execution is everything and not ideas. Ideas may be stolen,but execution cannot. There are numerous ideas that you have thought if and people you don't know have executed not because it was heard from you,but because they also thought of it.You are not an island of ideas.Get out there,if you are sure of yourself and meet investors,only those that can add value to you.Sign up on angelstartups.com.ng for example and connect.

Hmmmmm... Intresting, now this investors, any lead on them?

(1) (Reply)

Need A Partner: Starting An Online Marketplace / Accident This Morning At Mushin- Involving A Trailer, Bus,jeep And Keke - Photos / BVN: Extended To December.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.