Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Should I Use My Laptop This Way? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Should I Use My Laptop This Way? (716 Views)

Reasons Why You Need A New Laptop This 2016 / How Can I Use My Laptop To Record Sounds/audio? / How Can I Use My Computer As A Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Use My Laptop This Way? by Krisben4343: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalanders, happy new year to you all.
I just want to know if the life of my laptop is at stake or if its longevity is guaranteed based on the way I use it.
Sometimes in in 5months I don't have the time to do anything with my laptop because I do most of my tasks with my tablet or smartphone. The laptop will just remain off and dormant pending on the time I switch it on for maybe 1hour use and that will be all till another 5months.
Now my question is, is the life of the system at stake since it's not frequently used, or it has no effect on it?
Thanks, your technical answer will be highly appreciated.
Re: Should I Use My Laptop This Way? by bigt2(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
Just make sure the battery is fully charged before the 'long storage time'. Thats all!
Re: Should I Use My Laptop This Way? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
why dont you just sell it or give it out if you dont use it? they are pple that need it badly out there

1 Like

Re: Should I Use My Laptop This Way? by Infoseye(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Krisben4343: Hello fellow Nairalanders, happy new year to you all.
I just want to know if the life of my laptop is at stake or if its longevity is guaranteed based on the way I use it.
Sometimes in in 5months I don't have the time to do anything with my laptop because I do most of my tasks with my tablet or smartphone. The laptop will just remain off and dormant pending on the time I switch it on for maybe 1hour use and that will be all till another 5months.
Now my question is, is the life of the system at stake since it's not frequently used, or it has no effect on it?

Nothing will happen even if you leave for years except you need to replace your battery from lack of use.
Re: Should I Use My Laptop This Way? by koseepaaro(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
The best thing you should do is to make sure that the battery is 100% charged. Then, remove the laptop battery from the laptop itself and keep it in a safe place untij the next time you wish to use the laptop again when you would need to put the battery back into the laptop. Note: If you didn't do it this way, the battery of that laptop will not last. Good luck to you!
Re: Should I Use My Laptop This Way? by Rehn(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
Krisben4343: Hello fellow Nairalanders, happy new year to you all.
Bro please if you don't use the laptop, why don't you dash me, am in dire need of one but can't afford. I'll thank you and always remember you in my prayers.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

If I Connect My Moderm...something From No Where Starts Downloading...pls HELP / Acer 5720 Core 2 Duo, 1gb, 320gb, Wifi, Webcam, Dvd Writer / Laptop Processors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.