Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? (6624 Views)

Poll: Can you imagine yourself doing this under any circumstances?

Yes/Maybe: 26% (16 votes)
No/Never!: 73% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Exam Malpractice: See What This Lady Did To Cheat In An Exam Hall (photo) / Man Sponsored These Children To School Because Their Parents Couldn’t Afford To / How To Pass Mathematics In Exams On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by baby4ever: 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2006
Would You Assist Your Children To Cheat In Exams?

If your a parent will you buy exam script for your children in other to have a good grade or work a special center for them? You know what l mean. Buying your children way through school or exams
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by mamaput(f): 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2006
If need be yes.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by sweetnini(f): 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2006
of course yes
y not
if they are olodo's(God forbid)
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by baby4ever: 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2006
sweetnini:

of course yes
y not
if they are olodo's(God forbid)
I totally disagree with sweetnini.
Well as for me, l wont want to do that. Less we forget whatever we plant we will surely reap.
If you buy your child's way through school if eventually such child becomes a teacher what will he/her teach the upcoming generations? .
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by sweetnini(f): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2006
i wont tell my child that i'll do anything
i'll allow him/her to read
but if she cant make it i'll help
but not with thier knowledge
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by mamaput(f): 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2006
That is even worse.
If i buy my child the paper, the child will have to read for that paper to pass it.
meaning it will learn the stuff.
But if i do it with out their knoweldge am paying to change a fehl to a passand the child will think it passed
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by sweetnini(f): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2006
they will think its pass and then he'll never want to fail again
if u pass ur exam would u like to fail again?
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by aloib(f): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2006
ill teach the child to be smart, if ur mates are cheating go wid the flow, if u can get the paprs do it, but i wont buy them my self, but my kids can
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by sweetnini(f): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2006
still the same
the topic says would u assist?
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Consultant(f): 6:05am On Jun 24, 2006
How disheartning to read the responses on this post!!! From now on, anytime i hear anybody complaining about how terrible Nigeria is, i will send them to this post to come and see the reason why. Please, what kind of parents are we if we cannot encourage your children to put in their best and be true to themselves? So what if you have a child who is not the best in academics? Every human being has their own unique talents, so why not encourage your children to find theirs and use it to the best of their abilities? Micheal Dell was already making thousands before he went to the University because he recognized his talent for selling things. He eventually dropped out of school and is now a millionaire. How much of an education do Oluchi, Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo and even Dangote have? Yet they have all put their talents to work for them.
Teach your children to put in their very best effort at whatever they do and to be proud of themselves, whatever the result is. If you carry them through school, don't be surprised when they are 40 years old and still coming home to you to beg for handouts.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 24, 2006
i don't know.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by damygurl(f): 6:17am On Jun 24, 2006
Heck no!! he/she gon read till they learn it. nobody is dumb some peeps just choose to be cuz they are very lazy. if the child is an average child and needs extra help. i will help to the best of my ability and pay for lesson teachers and i will also pray for them.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2006
if my kid fails a class twice i would think it's time to sttep out smiley
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by baby4ever: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2006
Consultant:

How disheartning to read the responses on this post!!! From now on, anytime i hear anybody complaining about how terrible Nigeria is, i will send them to this post to come and see the reason why. Please, what kind of parents are we if we cannot encourage your children to put in their best and be true to themselves? So what if you have a child who is not the best in academics? Every human being has their own unique talents, so why not encourage your children to find theirs and use it to the best of their abilities? Micheal Dell was already making thousands before he went to the University because he recognized his talent for selling things. He eventually dropped out of school and is now a millionaire. How much of an education do Oluchi, Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo and even Dangote have? Yet they have all put their talents to work for them.
Teach your children to put in their very best effort at whatever they do and to be proud of themselves, whatever the result is. If you carry them through school, don't be surprised when they are 40 years old and still coming home to you to beg for handouts.
Consultant l am proud of you, you are the type of parent Nigeria need. If you don't discover your child or the child discover him/herself how will the be proud of themselves the the future. You can arrange extra lesson thats good but but buy exam script or get a special center.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nosu(m): 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2006
A big NO to that.
Exam malpratice is most time cause by the parent. whoa! let me tell u some of the things l hv planned to do for my kids. The biggest room in my hose will be a library where l and my kids will read together about 4 hrs at night, week days and about 6 hrs weekend. l met a friend at school, which l envy so much, he seldom reads in the afternoon but read all nite. he changes his position from time to time, so that he doesn't sleep. sometime he is sittin, another time he is standing and another time he is on his knee, he finshed with a grade very close to destinction.
So it all about the way u train ur child.Get this right, no child is dull, he just the parent that make them mentally lazy. the more u get questions for, the more they get lazy. so it is all about upbringin.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by mamaput(f): 12:00am On Jul 02, 2006
I pity your children even now,
Thats almost like holding two jobs. shocked sad
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nosu(m): 12:27am On Jul 02, 2006
No don't pity them, thank God for them because they will appreciate my impact on them and for me don't bother it's going to be readin galore.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by mamaput(f): 9:01am On Jul 02, 2006
You want to tell me after a hard days work , you will still have time 6 hours every night to sit with your kids reading, What of your wife ? what time are you spending with her
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by baby4u2(f): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2006
I thank God my parents never for one day bought expo or paid for any illegal exam materials for me. of course in nigeria the system is so corrupt most people do not want to read and pass the right way again. I got thru it and I would pass down that good habit to my children.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Zahymaka(m): 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2006
I agree with Consultant and all 'anti-runs' people on this thread -- it is indeed disheartening to read some of the replies in this topic.

My parents insist that if we get a 0, we ought to be proud of it and try harder next time. I'll wash some dirty linen in public if need be to prove my point:

I've always been the brainy one in my family - I started schooling when I was 1 and although I was at the top of my class, my parents had me repeat classes twice in primary school because they felt I was 'too young.' I caught up with my elder brother who's three years older than I am and I'm now two years ahead of him.

Despite advice to pay for him to 'succeed', my parents have maintained that he needs to learn himself -- which I believe is right. I think his problem is lack of concentration, but even then I encourage him.

Sometimes, it's daunting being looked up to by your elder brother instead of the other way round -- he's so proud of me and tells everyone that his younger brother is very very brilliant [I doubt this is true]. I helped him with his work before I left Nigeria and he performed better when I tutored him because I've never believed he's stupid, unlike most of his teachers. I do regret being a bit impatient with him, however.

My conclusion is that I believe it's always good to let children get the experience -- my parents had no qualms about him repeating any class he failed, but I can stand as surety that he can defend himself in anything he's learned, unlike other people who made use of 'runs.'

That's life as I see it -- it's not how quickly you go through the system, it's what you get out of it.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Badman888(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2006
I wont, if they learn how to do its by their selves its better, at least they would know i dont approve it.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by kenshin(m): 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2006
I will certainly not! helping them to cheat is indirectly telling them it's ok to cheat their way through life. they should take their studies seriously and pass through their honest hard work
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by niterider(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2006
Hell yeah.I didnt get financial help fmr my parents that probably y i spent time b4 securing admission but that wnt happen to my kids.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by damygurl(f): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2006
Financial help is not cheating. and money won't buy wisdom!!!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Zahymaka(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2006
damygurl:

Financial help is not cheating. and money won't buy wisdom!!!

Could you explain better?

I've seen people who've been given 'expo' that don't know what to do with it -- people who manage to get their textbooks into the exam hall don't know what information to retrieve, simply because they haven't the faintest idea.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by damygurl(f): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2006
By financial help i mean spending money to give the kids a very good education, i.e Lesson teachers if needed, private skools if the public ones they got close by are not dat good and by money not buying wisdom i meant you gotta teach someone something for them to know it. Spending money buying exam answers and helping them cheat won't make them smarter
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Zahymaka(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2006
Thanks for explaining. I concur.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by superman(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2006
consultan make u no mind dem dem think they know but they dnt!! foolish nigerians!! they are many out there!! ewu oloshisssssss
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by SirKay3(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2006
Never. I have a son, who is not always impressive in his exams. He's in Pry 4. What I did was to have two extra lessons included for him by his lesson teachers every week, including the ones he's to go through in the school.

To God be the glory, he's greatly improved. Never encourage cheating please. What are we laying down for them as foundation doing such things
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by mizkay(f): 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2006
is there any point at all/anything to gain if you encourage your kids to be cheats and fraud? what will you be if you do that?
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by dakmanzero(m): 4:57pm On Jul 02, 2006
Hopeless.

I am sorry for all the people that said they would buy the papers.

Your children will curse you and bury you with urine and spit, when they find themselves trapped in professions they are il-suited for and forced to defend their qualifications repeatedly in a terrifying, insecure existence.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Nosu(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2006
@mamaput - It jst the beginning that will be hard,when it becomes part of them. l will not need to be there all the time. l will jst be supervising. and for my wife she will be be fully satisfied, trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2011 World University Ranking | Top 100 Universities In Africa / U.s. Student Wants To Do Study Abroad In Nigeria ! / HELP: Good And Affordable Montesorri Schools In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.