Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,590 members, 7,770,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:33 AM

Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? (3112 Views)

Nigeria Suspends Gambian National Airline Over Ebola Virus / Can I Travel From Lagos To Us By Sea?how Much? / Can I Travel To Trinidad And Tobago Visa Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by kandiikane(m): 4:34am On Jan 08, 2014
Hi guys, I am looking to travel to Nigeria for the Easter but looked into the visa process and it seems quite daunting and long with everything they are asking for.

Ok, here is the thing, I had a Gambian passport for the Uk with the necessary stamps to live there. Acquired my british passport last year but My Gambian passport with all the stamps was lost. I do have a renewed Gambian passport with no stamps to say I have indefinite leave in the uk.

I want to find out whether I can use that renewed Gambian passport to travel from the uk to Nigeria since it's visa free if you hold a Gambian passport or do I have to travel on the UK passport, get a visa and such? Will the immigration in the UK stop me from travelling on the Gambian passport even if I show them my british passport?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by onila(f): 5:04am On Jan 08, 2014
Pls answer for Ms Kandiikane smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by kandiikane(m): 5:37am On Jan 08, 2014
lol please do oo. grin
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by bigtt76(f): 7:00am On Jan 08, 2014
The thing is you would need to get the UK Immigration stamp you out of the country before arriving Nigeria. That would show your source country.

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by simplyme3(f): 7:37am On Jan 08, 2014
bigtt76: The thing is you would need to get the UK Immigration stamp you out of the country before arriving Nigeria. That would show your source country.

UK immigration do not stamp passports when you are departing, only when you are coming in.

OP. How do you expect to travel to Nigeria with a Gambian passport that doesnt have a Nigeria Visa? Are you sure its visa free to Nigeria for Gambian citizens? Ok Ok. For West Africans, yes, you may be right there.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by dasparrow: 9:32am On Jan 08, 2014
@Post

If you are traveling to Nigeria with a Gambian passport, you would not need a visa because Gambia is part of ECOWAS and citizens of ECOWAS member states can travel to Nigeria without a visa irrespective of whether you are flying in from the UK or USA.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by dancewith: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2014
You do not need a visa to Nigeria with a Gambian passport. However come along with your British passport as you would need that for your return to the UK

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by kandiikane(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Thanks guys. smiley So you mean I can travel from the Uk on an empty Gambian passport? Uk immigration won't detain me thinking I am an illegal?

If I am travelling from nigerian with the british passport, won't they ask for the visa I came in with?@dancewith
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by DisGuy: 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
kandiikane: Thanks guys. smiley So you mean I can travel from the Uk on an empty Gambian passport? Uk immigration won't detain me thinking I am an illegal?

If I am travelling from nigerian with the british passport, won't they ask for the visa I came in with?@dancewith

you will have both passport on you, you show the British Passport to UK immigration, the Gambian/British Passport to the Airline officials [both airports] and use your British passport on your return for border controls

1 Like

Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by kandiikane(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
That's perfect. Thank you very much. smiley

Nigeria here I am come. grin Going to find myself a senate cheesy
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
kandiikane: That's perfect. Thank you very much. smiley

grin grin grin grin
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
kandiikane: That's perfect. Thank you very much. smiley

candybabe, you're coming to naija shocked am suppose to pick you at the airport right? cheesy grin
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by ugsams(m): 1:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
kandiikane:

I guess you'll be fine with me, you can call me your senator. Welcome to Nigeria grin
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by TOYNEX(f): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
kandiikane:

I saw your mail and have taken note. You can modify the post.
.done
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by kandiikane(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2015
TOYNEX:

I saw your mail and have taken note. You can modify the post.
Re: Can I Travel With A Gambian Passport(no Stamp) To Nigeria From The UK? by AlphaSoul: 2:44am On May 19, 2021
kandiikane:
Hi guys, I am looking to travel to Nigeria for the Easter but looked into the visa process and it seems quite daunting and long with everything they are asking for.

Ok, here is the thing, I had a Gambian passport for the Uk with the necessary stamps to live there. Acquired my british passport last year but My Gambian passport with all the stamps was lost. I do have a renewed Gambian passport with no stamps to say I have indefinite leave in the uk.

I want to find out whether I can use that renewed Gambian passport to travel from the uk to Nigeria since it's visa free if you hold a Gambian passport or do I have to travel on the UK passport, get a visa and such?

Will the immigration in the UK stop me from travelling on the Gambian passport even if I show them my british passport?
No... (@ lastparagraph).

(1) (Reply)

Spain Visa Appeal Process / Most Beautiful Airports In Nigeria: Pictures / Chinese Museum's Open Racism Against Blacks In China. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.