Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! (765 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by honey001(m): 12:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
My dear sinner-friend:

My heart is greatly burdened for you, knowing the time is short, and I want to think with you along this line: The Lord Jesus working in your heart by His effectual grace.

Beloved sinner-friend, there must be a Divine turning of your heart to the Lord Jesus Christ. If there is only a mere change of notions, that is, just a turning that is of the head, which may be mistaken for conversion, this is not salvation.

You must have a new nature. A thief is a thief, no matter what name he goes under. You may leave one denomination and join another, but that is not salvation. You may put a buzzard in a brass cage, or a silver cage, or a golden cage, and he is still an old buzzard. You may join the church and be baptized, but you are still just an unsaved sinner. "YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN."

All the changes that you may work in yourself will not make you fit to enter Heaven. Grace must have its effectual work in your heart. There must be the planting of a new nature, or you have no spiritual life in you. Even a corpse may be clean, but all the washing and cleansing will not make you a child of God. No turning is good for anything eternal except the renewing of the inward nature by the work of grace in your soul.

Suppose you were walking down the road, and all at once the whole earth should open up to you and you would see its lowest depths, wouldn't you turn back all frightened and trembling? Let me tell you, friend, when God opens up Hell to your heart and mind and lets you gaze down into the depths of it, first seeing your own wickedness, and that you ought to go to Hell, you'll turn to God, and you'll turn crying for mercy. As you are, you go on in your sins; you think them pleasant; you continue in them. But if you once feel God's grace effectively working in your heart, you will see that Hell is a real thing; you'll see that your own heart is a bottomless pit of Hell, and you'll clearly see that only the brittle thread of life is keeping you out of an endless, Christ less Hell, which is your portion.

No sinner ever knows the love of God until he comes to see the wrath of God. May God so open your heart and mind that you may catch a sight of the wrath of God that abides upon you, and, sinner-friend, you'll stop and turn. You'll be like Ephraim, "Turn me, Lord, and I shall be turned" (Jer.31:18). May you come to know in your soul that the wages of sin is death. May the sight of the everlasting burning make you halt and cry for deliverance.

I know, when I was awakened by the Holy Spirit to feel that Hell was my just desert, I turned to Christ from the love of sin; I turned with a perfect horror of it, crying for mercy. This is one way the Lord Jesus turns us when we are turned indeed to Him for salvation. May there be such a turning in your own heart unto Him.

Then the awakened conscience is led to see the real nature of sin. No doubt you have seen a bear in his pen all hemmed in; no doubt you have seen a lion carved in stone, and they did not alarm you. But if a lion or a bear should suddenly leap from the roadside upon you, you would view it in a different manner; you would be frightened out of your wits, and the hair on the top of your head would stand up.

So it is when you hear the preacher talk about sin – you pay no attention to it; you go on in your usual way. But you let the Holy Spirit open that heart of yours, and you come to see the real nature of sin, the viper in your bosom, the poisonous nature of your old being – you'll be frightened. You will begin to cry for mercy and for deliverance from it... You'll say, "Away with it! I abhor it and hate it. I once loved it, but now I hate it." May the God of all grace so open your heart and mind that you will see the venom of your old nature until it will make you cry out, "I'm lost; I'm guilty; I'm ungodly; I deserve to go to Hell. I deserve the wrath of God." That's the turning that leads a sinner to Christ.

One of the greatest turning points in a sinner's life is a sight of Christ on the cross. If you could ever by the eye of faith see Jesus Christ dying for you, then sin no longer would be sweet to you. When you once discover that it was your iniquity, your wickedness, that put to death your best Friend, the Lord Jesus Christ, you vow a vengeance on your sins, and you come to hate sin with a perfect hatred. You say, "Oh, hateful thing!" You can't play with it any longer. You see that it killed the Lord Jesus Christ who died out of love for you, and you say, "Oh, hateful thing, I cannot endure you! I want Him who died for me. Oh, that I knew Him who loved me with an everlasting love!"

Every sinner, before he gets saved, comes to the place that he wants Christ above everything else. May there come such a hunger for Him, for Christ who died for you, that you can't live without him; you must have Him. Then there will be such a turning to Him with your whole heart that you could never turn back, no matter what the cost may be. My prayer is that there will come such a turning in your heart to the Lord Jesus Christ until you can see by faith that He died for you, that your sins were nailed with Him on the cross. Then there will be rejoicing in your heart, singing praises unto Him who died for you.
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by KiKatanga: 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Which denomination is right?
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by honey001(m): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ki-Katanga:
Which denomination is right?

No denomination in heaven......
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by KiKatanga: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
honey001:

No denomination in heaven......

So do mormons go to heaven?
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by honey001(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ki-Katanga:

So do mormons go to heaven?

Who are Mormons?
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by Ranchhoddas: 4:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
honey001:

Who are Mormons?
a simple google search will tell you who mormons are.i also want to ask some questions-will Jehovah's witnesses,7th day adventists,hindus,buddhists and other adherents of religions of far away lands go heaven,if not why?what of our ancestors that were existing before christianity was brought to our shores?my questions are clear so i require concise and clear answers devoid of ambiguity.thanks.
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by honey001(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
Ranchhoddas: a simple google search will tell you who mormons are.i also want to ask some questions-will Jehovah's witnesses,7th day adventists,hindus,buddhists and other adherents of religions of far away lands go heaven,if not why?what of our ancestors that were existing before christianity was brought to our shores?my questions are clear so i require concise and clear answers devoid of ambiguity.thanks.

Google can as well provide answers to ur questions...... All I know is that heaven is prepared for those that believe in Christ and living a life of holiness daily.

If Enoch could walked with God and Abraham was regarded as the father of faith, then no excuse for any body for not making heaven, either dead or alive.
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by Ranchhoddas: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2014
honey001:

Google can as well provide answers to ur questions...... All I know is that heaven is prepared for those that believe in Christ and living a life of holiness daily.

If Enoch could walked with God and Abraham was regarded as the father of faith, then no excuse for any body for not making heaven, either dead or alive.
just say you don't know.
Re: Open Letter To Sinners (Must Read)!!! by KiKatanga: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
So every African until the white man came, is in hell?

(1) (Reply)

'the Blasphemy challenge' Tempts teens To Curse God / The Mods Here Shud Be Trained Or Removed / Why Do Christians Frown At Adultery But Normalise Fornication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.