Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? (1201 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures / Christians And Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 2:14am On Aug 09, 2008
Amish folks don't use cars, phones, have tv or use anything modern, in some case even electricity refridgerators or stoves, definetely no ac.
They believe in the simple life, hard work, family and helping your neighbours. Divorce is basically unheard of, and everyone goes to church.

Maybe if Christians and Mu$lims live this simple live we would never hear of Divorce, we'll have a higher percentage of children doing better in school, no gangs, kids corrupted by TV instead of spendng time reading the Bible etc.
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by mazaje(m): 2:50am On Aug 09, 2008
Cayon:

Amish folks don't use cars, phones, have tv or use anything modern, in some case even electricity refridgerators or stoves, definetely no ac.
They believe in the simple life, hard work, family and helping your neighbours. Divorce is basically unheard of, and everyone goes to church.

Maybe if Christians and Mu$lims live this simple live we would never hear of Divorce, we'll have a higher percentage of children doing better in school, no gangs, kids corrupted by TV instead of spendng time reading the Bible etc.

are you kidding me?
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by KarmaMod(f): 3:00am On Aug 09, 2008
Cayon:

Divorce is basically unheard of, and everyone goes to church.

So?
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 3:05am On Aug 09, 2008
@maza

No, I am not kidding you.  Just think about it. The Amish lifestyle is not about rejecting technology. It is about devotion to God and family and leading a life of humility, and rejecting those aspects of the outside world that they feel would interfere or destroy that devotion.

can you the same thing about Christians and Mu$lims in general?
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 3:06am On Aug 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

So?
What you mean by so?? Do you know how many chistians are divorcing today? Well, for the Mu$lims, the divorce rate is not too high but I stand to be corrected
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Nobody: 3:14am On Aug 09, 2008
Cayon, i'm waiting for you to lead the way
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by KarmaMod(f): 3:17am On Aug 09, 2008
Cayon:

What you mean by so?? Do you know how many chistians are divorcing today? Well, for the Mu$lims, the divorce rate is not too high but I stand to be corrected

Guess it means the couple wasnt meant to be together or should they stay miserable in a marriage cos Cayon says so?
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 3:28am On Aug 09, 2008
@ Karma:

1 Corinthians Chapter 7 verse 10-11.

All i am saying is that if we live a simple life like the Amish, I think plenty christians and Mu$lims would stay together. You see one of the problem I see causing divorce among Christians/muslims is not respecting their culture. I've seen folks from my country (especially women) who come to America and start behaving "badly" or as they say in America "girlz gone wild"

@ Davidlan, Thanks for the laugh. Honestly, I live a plain and simple life.

Gone to bed. Good night and God Blessings to all
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by KarmaMod(f): 3:30am On Aug 09, 2008
Your Bible verse doesnt answer my question.
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 3:34am On Aug 09, 2008
@karma:

So why would you married someone knowing you are not meant for each other? why not stay single?
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 09, 2008
me think the muslims are closer to the amish in thier way yof life, for example they abhor the use of most weatern gadgets, ang they still wear jumper trousers
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by KarmaMod(f): 4:05am On Aug 09, 2008
Cayon:

@karma:

So why would you married someone knowing you are not meant for each other? why not stay single?

Yea Im sure they go into these marriages knowing that it might not work out. Dont be naive.
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by olabowale(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2008
@Olrotimi:
#10 on: Today at 03:58:42 AM »
me think the muslims are closer to the amish in their way yof life, for example they abhor the use of most weatern gadgets, ang they still wear jumper trousers

Me think Olrotimi dey live under a Rock. Maybe under Olumo Rock! Which western gadget can you name that there is no allowance, in special circumstances can not be unsed by the muslims? The Idea of Video, TV, etc can be drawn from Qur'an and or Sunnah.

And the African, by an large have traditionally some forms of pants that are roomy, loose fitted, yet show the ankles. Yoruba's Kembe, and the old buba and sokotoo combination are two examples. But you fail to notice that the women clothings are supposed to cover, rather than expose the ankle!
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2008
@olabowale

There is a scripture in the Bible Corinthians 11:3-10.(see below)  I myself always wonder why the churches don't enforce this Bible teaching)Another thing this demonstrate the obvious fact that the head cover was not introduced by Islam, but rather that this requirement has been in place for thousands of years (Paul's letter).
This is also fact that that Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad were all prophets of the same God and that they each carried the same basic message.

Peace

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

10For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
[i][/i]
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by olabowale(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2008
@Cayon:« #13 on: Today at 12:55:59 PM »

@olabowale

There is a scripture in the Bible Corinthians 11:3-10.(see below) I myself always wonder why the churches don't enforce this Bible teaching)Another thing this demonstrate the obvious fact that the head cover was not introduced by Islam, but rather that this requirement has been in place for thousands of years (Paul's letter).
This is also fact that that Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad were all prophets of the same God and that they each carried the same basic message.

Peace

Am asking you to join the in-crowd of muslim women, in the nearest masjid near you. Where do you live in the city? I will recommend a masjid; buggiedown bronx, or crockling/with a tree growing in it or queen. Maybe mahahiin; you know we do it. I am thinking staten island. Right?
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by Cayon(f): 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2008
Olabowale

hahaha.  if me join, y'all a go throw me out.  You see, I am a rebel and Conquerer wink but still a lady cheesy I live in Harlem (116th Street).  I see your worship place.  look at it, shake my head and walk by real fast.  Then I whisper to myself "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing"
Re: Should Christians And Muslims Live Like Amish? by lexicon(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2008
@poster youv'e spoken well . but relegion has been turned upside down. all we are after now is money.u will see pastors going to a harbalist for a supernatural power so as to perform miracle in his church. alpha doing concortion and all sort. Now i beleif that the end time is not far from now,b'cos God has described all this phonomenone in his holy books as sign of the end time.We will all be surprise if we see most of our relegious leader in hell fire when that day comes. Oh God ! forgive me before i DIE (amen)

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Okonkwo… At 65, ‘all I Ever Want To Do Is Serve And Serve / God's Reason For Creating Mankind? / Chi-ya Yoga Church. Hinduism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.