Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle (1050 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / My C200 Benz Is Jecking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by Immune1(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
The luxury battle in the U.S. has always been between BMW, Lexus, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. Up until 2011, Lexus was the top selling luxury brand in the U.S before being displaced by BMW. However, according to recent sales data, Mercedes’ U.S. sales increased by as much as 14% representing a total of 312,534 units in 2013 beating BMW to first place by as much as 3,254 units.

From all indications this trend is here to stay for a while as Mercedes-Benz has not been relenting in their efforts to clinch substantial market share by introducing completely new vehicle models like the all-new A-Class, CLA Class, GLA Class etc, with relatively lower price tags and more appeal to younger buyers. In addition to the recent strategic moves by Mercedes-Benz, we are still expecting the all-new 2015 C-Class this year and also the impressive sales record of the all-new entry-level CLA sedan which racked up a respectable 12,000 units during its four months in the market are clear indicators.

According to leftlanenews.com, the President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA affirmed that 2013 was an incredible year for Mercedes-Benz in every way and he went further to add that, ”we saw record sales, flexed our muscles across the entire product line from top to bottom and brought the customer experience to an all-time high. With the help of our dealer partners and the entire organization behind us, we expect this beautifully choreographed series of product debuts to lead us to another phenomenal year in 2014.”

Other sales data include; Toyota’s Lexus brand selling 273,847units and Audi hitting 158,061 vehicles in 2013.

http://autobaseafrica.com/mercedes-benz-is-winning-the-luxury-battle/

Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by TheGrandMaster: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
I am not surprised, its like everywhere you turn these days, there is a Benz
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by yungboss(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
Interesting...
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by Exponental(m): 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
I'm not surprised, even d mb v-boot is still a car used by many.
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by KA24DETT(m): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
They are introducing new cars not really increasing sales of the old cars. Good way to increase sales
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by Numerouuuno: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
Exponental: I'm not surprised, even d mb v-boot is still a car used by many.
Is the MB v-boot also a luxury end vehicle
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by Exponental(m): 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Numero uuuno:
Is the MB v-boot also a luxury end vehicle
luxury in d past may not be luxury today, but an impression created in d past goes a long way into d future.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by yungboss(m): 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
Exponental:
luxury in d past may not be luxury today, but an impression created in d past goes a long way into d future.
you are right, in it's time it was one of the best cars out there in terms of luxury...
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by lastmanstandn(m): 5:58am On Jan 10, 2014
Oh lord.

When I grow up, I want to buy a new Benz. God, I don't want toks ooo. I want sparkling new one. kiss
There's nothing as bossy as this brand.
eish....Benz Benz Benz.
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by chucky234(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Exponental: I'm not surprised, even d mb v-boot is still a car used by many.
V-Boot was never a luxury car and never will, the S-class known back in the days as concord was Benz flagship sedan and later continued as benz 500 SEL while V-book was replaced with beast (okpolo eyes) in 1996.
Re: Mercedes-benz Is Winning The Luxury Battle by chucky234(m): 11:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
In 2013 Benz sold more luxury cars in the US but overall there are more Acura cars in the US than Benz and Audi's.

(1) (Reply)

My First Uber Experience / Honda Redesign Accord 2018 / Hybrid And Electric Vehicles: High Voltage System Overview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.