Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times (1075 Views)

The Man Who Claimed To Be Jesus EDIDEM BASSEY From Ikot Ekpene Akwa Ibom State / Ese Walter Who Claims To Have Slept With COZA Pastor Abiodun / Australian Man Claims To Be Jesus Reborn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times by chynabest(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
Inri Cristo's sermons on subjects
like capitalism and abortion has
seen him spend time in prison
cells, and he is also banned from
Britain, USA and Venezuela.
The 66-year-old denies being
mentally ill, firm in the belief that
he was Jesus in a previous life
and now dresses up in the same
clothes as the person he claims
he once was.
Mr Cristo, who claims
that Christmas is a day for the
rich to humiliate the poor, said
that a voice has spoken to him in
head since he was a little boy but
it wasn't until a religious fast in
Santiago, Chile, that he found out
about being the son of God.
The voice told him: "I am your
Father. The God of Abraham, of
Isaac, and of Jacob."
And from 1979 onwards, he has
dressed up as Jesus, right down
to the hair and beard.
Now the preacher has amassed
followers from all around the
world and he now runs his own
church on farmland outside
Brazil's capital, Brasilia, where he
gets around on a motorised
scooter.
Followers, who range in age
from 24 to 86, live on the 'New
Jerusalem' sanctuary where they
survive on home-grown fruit and
vegetables.
Reacting to critics who say he is
merely mentally ill, Mr Cristo said:
"I can be crazy but not dumb.
"Madness is different from
dementia. It is the mother of
philosophers, prophets and
inventors.
"My mission is to prepare the
elect, the survivors of the
inevitable nuclear hecatomb that
will culminate in the end of this
chaotic world, for the formation
of the new earthly society, which
will strive to fulfill the Creator's
will."
www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/359478/Brazilian-man-arrested-40-times-and-banned-from-Britain-claims-to-be-Jesus-Christ

Re: Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times by NIGHTFOX: 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
Lol..... Y be say we no day ever get black JESUS? Always oyibo pple....
Re: Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times by chynabest(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
NIGHTFOX: Lol..... Y be say we no day ever get black JESUS? Always oyibo pple....
hahahaha. I wonder how the black jesus go look like
Re: Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times by PastorOluT(m): 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
Like seriously we are going to have hundreds of these same thread before the mods decides to put it on frontpage

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Who Claims-to-be-jesus-christ Arrested 4o Times by chynabest(m): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pastor Olu T: Like seriously we are going to have hundreds of these same thread before the mods decides to put it on frontpage
you are very correct and i beging to ask why is it like that?

(1) (Reply)

Check Our Church Doctrine And Join Us / Attributes Of God You Should Know To Understand The Doctrine Of Predestination / Is It Possible To Live Without Lying: Ways To Live Without Lying By Mathias Ored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.