Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 (880 Views)

Oldest Bible Found In Palestine Confirms Jesus Was A Servant Of God / Apocalyptic End Time Begins In 2014 / Facts About Palestine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
By implication, the rapture also has to be in 2014 because it precedes this deal. Below reasons all culled from www.csmonitor.com

1)

As 2014 opens, US Secretary of State John Kerry and Pope Francis have become an unlikely tag team aiming to accomplish what some deem impossible: an Israeli-Palestinian peace accord.One is emphasizing perspiration. The other is promising inspiration.

In recent days Secretary Kerry has been shuttling furiously between key players in the region, from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to a pair of influential nearby kings, Jordan’s King Abdullah II and Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah. Kerry has kept his diplomacy positive in tone and close to the vest on details.

His immediate goal is to come up with a framework agreement that would set out, in general terms, how a series of contentious (some say intractable) issues that divide the Israelis and Palestinians would be resolved. They include recognition of the state of Israel by the Palestinians and an agreement on what land would be included in any new Palestinian state, including land now in Israeli hands.

Kerry has kept his eyes on the prize, defying those who see the problem as unsolvable. “[I]t is clear to me that we can work to bridge the remaining gaps that do exist,” Kerry said in recent days. Although the road to peace is a difficult one, “this is not mission impossible.”

[b]While Kerry works tirelessly on the nuts and bolts, a May visit to the region by Pope Francis may provide another key ingredient: moral suasion.

The pope’s coming trip to Israel, the West Bank, and Jordan (May 24-26) is not being billed as political. One stated aim is to mark the 50 years since Pope Paul VI and the leader of the world’s Orthodox Christians, Ecumenical Patriarch Atengora, met in Jerusalem. Pope Francis and the present Orthodox Christian leader, Bartholomew, are scheduled to hold a joint mass at Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre, built on the site where many Christians believe Jesus was crucified and resurrected.

The pope will also meet with both Jewish and Muslim leaders. Rabbi Abraham Skorka, a friend of the pope, says he hopes Pope Francis will visit the Western Wall, which is sacred to Jews, and pray with him in Bethlehem “to show the world it is possible.”

The Vatican has characterized the visit only in general terms, saying it was aimed “mainly at spreading and promoting love, cooperation, and peace among all inhabitants of the region.”

Pope Francis has gained international attention, and much praise, for showing a special concern for the world’s poor and for pointing out the problem of income inequality. His trip to the Holy Land may magnify his voice dramatically on the issue of peace.

On the surface, the questions that divide Palestinians and Israelis are far from being settled, and there’s little indication now of how the gaps could be closed. But a change of hearts must come before a change of minds. And the pope’s message of peace could set the tone for the region at large.[/b]

An atmosphere of growing trust and respect, and the acknowledgment of the common humanity of both sides, is needed before any byzantine negotiations can yield fruit. The conversation must move to a higher plain first, recognizing the immense benefits both sides gain from peace, before it can get down to the essential spadework.

Though they are not working consciously in tandem, Kerry and Pope Francis are in essence a powerful team promoting peace. Their efforts give hope to all those around the world whose hearts yearn for an Israeli-Palestinian accord.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2014/0106/Double-teaming-peace-in-Israel
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
2)

2. Better groundwork

These talks have been better prepared than many previous efforts. Secretary of State John Kerry has carefully laid the groundwork, and US military experts have been holding separate talks with their Israeli counterparts in an effort to hammer out security arrangements that would meet Israel’s requirements for a military withdrawal from the West Bank.

Without such guarantees that calm Israeli fears that a withdrawal will not open up a new terrorist front against them, no agreement can succeed.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2013/0912/7-reasons-to-be-optimistic-about-Israeli-Palestinian-peace-talks/Better-groundwork
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
3. More time

The parties have agreed to stick to the talks for at least nine months and to negotiate in secret. At least two previous attempts to get to a deal were ultimately defeated by lack of time. At Camp David in 2000, President Clinton summoned the leaders of both sides for two weeks of intensive talks that ultimately failed. The negotiators could not remain holed up at the presidential retreat any longer and the fact that Mr. Clinton was in the waning days of his presidency also did not help.

In 2007 and 2008, the parties made considerable progress toward an agreement but time ran out when then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was forced to resign after becoming embroiled in a corruption scandal.

This time, we are still in the first year of President Obama’s second term and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu recently won a new mandate. The nine-month window the parties have agreed to eliminates the danger that one or the other can just walk away the moment things start getting tough. It also minimizes the temptation to negotiate through the media or grandstand to their own constituencies. This time, they have the time and space to do real business.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
4) The cost of failure has risen

The price of failure for both sides has risen considerably. In the past, leaders of both sides have felt able to walk away without paying a heavy political price. But now, both Israelis and Palestinians are very aware that a host of very negative consequences could follow a failure. As Washington Post columnist David Ignatius wrote in July: “What Kerry has done, in effect, is get the two sides to grab hold of a stick of dynamite. If they can’t defuse it within nine months through an agreement, it’s going to blow up.”

For the Palestinians, failure of the talks could spark an economic meltdown, a possible collapse of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, and the strengthening of Hamas, the Islamist militant group ruling in Gaza.

For Israel, it would lead to growing diplomatic isolation and the prospect of the worldwide boycott and disinvestment movement gathering steam. A recent move by the European Community to stop funding or dispensing awards and grants to Israeli companies, public bodies, and organizations working in settlements in the occupied territories was a sign of what may lie ahead. Mr. Netanyahu was said to have been profoundly shocked by the announcement.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
5) Abbas’s legacy

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas yearns to be the godfather of a Palestinian state. At age 78, he knows these talks are his last chance. Israeli settlements are growing year by year in the West Bank and at some point soon there won’t be enough land available for a viable Palestinian state. The more settlers Israel has to evacuate under the terms of a deal, the harder it will become to get one.

Mr. Abbas is aware, too, that failure would leave him without good options. His fallback position would be to apply for membership as a state to more international institutions such as the International Criminal Court and try to wear Israel down through diplomatic and economic pressure.

Abbas also knows that demographic trends are on his side because Palestinian birthrates are much higher than Jewish birthrates, and the Palestinian population as a whole is younger. At some point within the next couple of decades, Arabs will outnumber Israelis if the West Bank remains under Israeli control. Israel will then be forced to choose between remaining a Jewish state or remaining a democracy.

But using future demographics as leverage is no substitute for establishing a Palestinian state now, through negotiations, and offers the Palestinians many more years of Israeli occupation.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2014
6) Pressure on Netanyahu

Netanyahu also feels a historic responsibility to get a deal if he can and if the price is not too high. Recently, he has begun speaking of peace in a new way, defining it as a vital need to keep Israel’s identity as a Jewish homeland and as a democracy. He knows that Jews will eventually be outnumbered on the land if there is no withdrawal from the West Bank and that the world will not stand by and allow Israel to deprive millions of Palestinians of basic democratic rights.

Netanyahu has seen his own Likud Party move to his right and knows that his future as party leader is questionable. Yet he sees the bleak future Israel is facing in the absence of a two-state solution and he retains the option to put himself at the head of a wide, pro-peace coalition that could push through a deal.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
7) Shifts in the Arab world

The Arab world, which in the past has acted as a brake on Palestinians, constraining their ability to make concessions, is now fully behind the peace effort. The Arab League has pledged to recognize Israel if there is a deal and to help bolster the Palestinian economy.

Some Arab players who in the past could have caused problems, such as Syria, are effectively neutralized. Hamas has been weakened by the removal of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and the military crackdown against the Muslim Brotherhood, which is closely connected to the Islamic fundamentalist group in Gaza. If the talks show promise, Hamas may be forced to reconcile with Abbas and seek a political role in a future Palestinian state in order to remain relevant.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
8 ) Kerry as mediator

Mr. Kerry himself promises to be the most effective Mideast peace mediator since Henry Kissinger. Kerry has made this his signature issue and has earned the trust of both parties. He has the full support of President Obama who stands ready to intervene personally to bridge the final gaps if and when the parties get close to a deal.

None of these facts means success is assured or even likely. But they do mean it is possible.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by nora544: 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
That is american so they want to tell the world they would make it sorry but there where other great man in the world who want peace in this part of the world but america was against it.

America is always on the side of israel.

America needs arabs only when they want something.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by ichuka(m): 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
They should go and resurrect Abraham before any peace deal between the two parties will work.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by SisterMe(f): 4:59am On Jan 09, 2014
i.chuka:
They should go and resurrect Abraham before any peace deal between the two parties will work.

It is biblical that it would be done - that is a peace deal. It would require a sellout anyway, by the current Jewish leadership.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by Nmeri17: 5:09am On Aug 16, 2014
wow shocked shocked shocked scary!!

In other news, so when bro Branham died Message believers thought he'd rise again cheesy lollls. also found out his body got sealed in a casket all that time. I just read one of yo topics I saved before the nairaland tsunami wiped everything embarassed how are u by the way @sisterme smiley
Re: 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 by malvisguy212: 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
SisterMe:

It is biblical that it would be done - that is a peace deal. It would require a sellout anyway, by the current Jewish leadership.
check this, lady.

the scripture make it clear that no one
know the day or the hour of christ
return.but the bible dos say that we can
know the time and season surrounding
his comin,you may be thinkin the usual
sayin like... So because disease and immorality are running rampant and
because there are wars and rumors of
war and we have had some few
earthquake that jesus is comin soon ?
Yeah we'dav heard all that before. But
after studying the bible I discover somtin interesting about the end of days. Pleas
read.
my theory about the end of days started
when I read a verse in isaiah 46. It say
that God declare the end from the
beginning. A similar verse was in isaiah48. This lead me to the creation
story in the book of genesis. As I study
the first chapter, I began to wonder, WHY
IT TOOK GOD SIX DAYS TO CREATE THIS
WORLD AND REST ON THE SEVENTH
DAY,WHY WOULD HE TAKE SIX DAYS WHEN HE COULD HAVE CREATED THE
WORLD IN ONE SECOND, IN THE BLINK OF
AN EYE?I started studying the word"day"
and days" I discover some interesting
passages that related to this. Maby God is
indicating to us how much time man would have on earth.this is the point, the
bible especially the old testament is full
of foreshadowing. An event that actually
happen in history, also picture somtin
comin in the future. An example is the
sacrifice of abraham and isaac, that even actually happen,and it was also a picture
of what God will do to his son jesus on
the cross as an offering for the sin of the
world. Now why will God take SIX days
to create the world? Is this a picture of
somtin we need to know? I think it is. In 2peter 3:8, the context was refferin to
the second comin of jesus christ,the bible
say that a one day with they Lord is as a
thousand years and a thousand year is
like a day. Psalm 90. A thousand year in
God sight is like yesterday.so could it be that the six days of creation were yo
indicate to us the time man will spend on
this earth would be about six thousand
years?...the seventh day of rest picturing
the thousand years millennia reign, when
christ come back to set up is kingdom, the time of righteousness and peace.bible
scholar have calculate from the first man
adam to the first comin of christ to be
4000years,if that is the case then we are
could have been living at the end of what
the new testament called THE LAST DAYS.now this is the issue.God deal with
time in the bible, when God measure
time He dose so by seven.....
1.God created the world in seven days,
with the seven day bein for REST.
2according to the old testament law,the jew were commanded to REST every
SEVEN days.
3.the seventh week after the passover,
they celebrated a big feast of REST.
4.the seventh month of were perhaps the
most important when they celebrated three of there biggest feast of REST.
5.every seventh year was the year of
REST for the land.
6.every 49years ,seven times seven, they
celebrated the year of jubilee, which is a
year of REST for the land and liberty for the people.so it made perfect sense to me
that God would set up a seven thousand
year period for man to occupy the earth,
with the last thousand year being a time
of REST when jesus come back to set up
his earthly kingdom, as spoken in revelation20.I was right when I say God
deal with time he dos so by seven.the
second coming of christ is the most
important day in God's calendar , he want
us yo know the timing .
Hose was a prophet in the old testament, in verse 6 of that book , hosea talk about
isreal, God chosen nation, who was
always rejecting God.the nation was goin
to be torn apart, but verse two say" after
two days will he revive us , the third day
he will raise us up and the we shall live in his sight"what dos this mean? When
jesus come isreal reject him as there
messiah , so God scatter the nation of
isreal all over the world. For 1900 years
there is no nation of isreal but God say
after two days[ or 2000yrs] I will revive thee, and you, isreal will live in my sight:
the scatter isreal became a nation in the
year 1948.this is important because God
is reviving the nation of isreal and they
are about to live in his sight when jesus
come back to set up his earthly kingdom , have you ever meet a cannanite ? How
about the amorite? No because these are
isreal enemies and God did not preserve
them, the jew have been preserve
because they are God chosen people and
he must fulfill and keep his promise he made to them but the jew are still
rejecting christ, for how long?after two
days [or 2000years] I will revive thee and
the third day you shall live in my sight.
The second coming event are about to
begin, I see the same foreshadowing in exodus 19:11. God told isreal to clean up
and wait for two days, the third day I'm
comin down in the sight of they nation.
In john 11. Lazarus died a jew, jesus
waited for two days before he raise him
from death, this is a picture of how God is about to turn his back from isreal for the
next two thousand years [or two days]
and start reach out for the rest of the
world through the new testament church
which he did. God dint just throw this
stuff in the bible to wast space ,maby am right , maby God is tryin to tell us
somtin.in matthew17:1 say that jesus
tool peter, james and john up to the
mountain, apart from the rest, did the
thing we want to know happen up there?
Yes.jesus transfigured before them and the are giving a preview of his second
coming glory, now the first word of the
verse was "after six days" why did God
throw this in? To was space? Or is God
tryin to tell us somtin that we need to
know?note:the time from adam to jesus is 4,000years[4days] the time of the
church period is two thousand years
[2days] so could this mean after 6000yrs
[6days] God will revive isreal and fulfill
his promise he made to them? Hmmm am
I reading to much . If am right, BROTHERS WE ARE LIVING IN THE END OF DAYS.
REPENT. THANK YOU.

(1) (Reply)

Dark Practices In Christian-dom? / Canticles Said I Would End Up Like Mussolini, Hitler And Duplesis, Do You Agree? / The Omnipresence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.