Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,367 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study (675 Views)

Chemical And Petroleum Engineering Software / Do U Think Petroleum Engineering Is A Good Course To Study? / Offshore Engineering Or Safety Engineering Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study by Wisv: 12:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good day to u all, pls i hv a problem i nid help from u guyz. I was given adimission to study geology in delsu though tru PD bt @ my jamb i was given petroleum engineerin @ aau now d problem de is dat both curs r gud bt which of will favour d most in terms of jabs opportunities n other related things,, am still vry confuse bcus i hv met guyz n donz to advice me on d issur yet 70% wait 4 geology n 30% wait 4 pet engin. i brought dis issur here bcus i no dat dere r greater dons dat cn adiv me more on it. As u advce me d lord God will solve all ur problems......
Re: HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study by iamtheprincipal: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
If you have strength and highly inclined in Mathematics, go for Pet. Eng., but otherwise, go for Geology. Both courses are great.
Grace!
Re: HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study by obua: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Do petroleum engineering .
Re: HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Both courses need to be given serious. Time.... Geology would take you places.... Geologist are also high in demand... God would help u make d right decision,
Re: HELP!!!!::: Geology Us Petroleum Engineering Which Is D Best To Study by OdyOdy(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2014
Like Imtheprincipal said, your love for mathematics will be a good yardstick in choosing between these two. Petroleum Engineering will involve more of calculations whereas geology will require less of it and more literature.
However, I will also advice you consider the strengths of the admitting schools in the said areas. Owing to the fact that It's my first time to hear of Petroleum Engineering at AAU, I can arguably conclude it is a new or an almost new development. Therefore, there will be uncertainties in the academic ability of the faculty members. On the other hand, Geology at DELSU has been for years now and I believe must have gained good grounds in the discipline from the years of practice.
Above all, if you have developed passion for one of these disciplines, I'll advice you go for that one regardless of the above mentioned yardsticks. I believe with passion one can develop a positive attitude towards achieving a dream despite his weaknesses or that of the hosting institution. Besides, technical know-how is not constrained to the walls of the school environment.
The choice is yours. I hope you make it wisely.

(1) (Reply)

. / Advance Your Digital Marketing Skills With Training On August 27th / Internship In Audit Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.