Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income (9205 Views)

Google Nigeria Top Searches Of 2013 / Your Top 5 Nigerian Everyday Websites / The Monthly Income Of Web Designers / Developers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Abujafood: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
For many young Nigerians making money as a blogger is a pipe dream, better to get a full time job that pays a good salary such as a bank job than just sitt behind a computer with internet access and upload information to share with an online audience. But that may be utter rubbish going by the impressive incomes these Nigerian bloggers earn from their blogs. We profile them in descending order.

Top 5 Bloggers in Nigeria by Income

Here's our list of top 5 money making bloggers in Nigeria;

Linda Ikeji: Earns between N3 million – N4 million monthly

If you’re looking for an example of how to earn money absolutely free of charge with zero investment online here in Nigeria then Linda Ikeji’s story provides ample proof. She practically runs a blog on a free platform – blogger – without paying for domain or web hosting or even better yet a professional SEO consultant to help her optimize her blog to build an online audience that runs into millions of fans. She’s what you’ll call the Arianna huffington of Nigerian blogosphere except that she’s more biased towards entertainment gist and human angle stories. She recently completed a second house for her parents in addition to the 2 flashy cars she owns worth over N10 million, Linda can prove many wrong you can succeed in Nigeria without being born with a Silver spoon in your mouth and from doing something trivial as well – blogging.
Her blog: www.lindaikeji..com

Oluwaseun Osewa: Earns more than N2 million monthly

Innocent and cute looking Seun founded Nairaland in 2005 and was so confident of building wealth with it that he dared anyone interested in buying his website to pay N25 billion for it. Today Seun can afford to sleep all day at home as his website runs on auto-pilot – he hardly creates topics nor does he moderate topics posted – and the best part of it he doesn’t need to hire anyone for any reason. We could nickname Seun the Mark Zukerberg of Nigeria except that by page views and may be layout nairaland still has a long way to go when compared to facebook.
His blog: www.nairaland.com

Bamidele Onibalusi – at least N1.6 million monthly

Young but very hard working Bamidele Onibalusi is one of the quiet money making bloggers in Nigeria that very few people will ever hear about. He knows only too well that making the money and building a reliable brand means more to him than being seen and heard hence why he’s strictly about freelance writing and his private life but the young Nigerian article writer has made a name for himself with US based companies that hire him to write for them through hard work and perseverance. 6 months of consistent guest blogging has made him the world’s leading expert on guest blogging and why he has a huge number of aspiring writers as fans.
His Blog: www.writersincharge.com

Uche Eze Pedro – at least N1.5 million monthly

She started Bella Naija as a hobby, sharing magazine publications, mostly lifestyle to her audience like Linda Ikeji using blogger. But having built such a large audience it dawned on her to take on a more corporate brand hence why she registered “Bella Naija” domain. Today she’s Nigeria’s 4th highest earning blogger and an employer of labour as well.
Her Blog: www.bellanaija.com

Japheth Omojuwa: at least N500,000 monthly

Japheth may not be a household name to many Nigerians on the regular blogosphere but find your way down to micro-blogging platform twitter and a powerful personality emerges in @omojuwa with 95,000 plus followers and commanding an influence that has made brands trust his power to influence consumer choices. Japheth gets paid to make brands trend on twitter or simply just for talking about football via: #MTNFootball. His regular blog: www.omojuwa.com is among Nigeria’s 100 most visited websites although nothing to compare with a few others making mega bucks by the side.

http://the-nigerian..com/2014/01/nigerias-top-5-earning-bloggers-by.html
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Project400: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
Are you sure about the figures?
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by zicjoe(m): 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
watch out 4 me dis 2014. cos me go make am
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by hilaryiwens05: 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
Haaaa....wetin??
Dis is bullshit?? Must linda always be d 1st....besides how she go dey earn 3-4million monthly....wetin happen??
Guy dis is bullshit
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by dejt4u(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Moji is coming to make d list...
www.mojidelano..com
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nairaland is not a blog
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abujafood: For many young Nigerians making money as a blogger is a pipe dream, better to get a full time job that pays a good salary such as a bank job than just sitt behind a computer with internet access and upload information to share with an online audience. But that may be utter rubbish going by the impressive incomes these Nigerian bloggers earn from their blogs. We profile them in descending order.
Top 5 Bloggers in Nigeria by Income
Here's our list of top 5 money making bloggers in Nigeria;
Linda Ikeji: Earns between N3 million – N4 million monthly
If you’re looking for an example of how to earn money absolutely free of charge with zero investment online here in Nigeria then Linda Ikeji’s story provides ample proof. She practically runs a blog on a free platform – blogger – without paying for domain or web hosting or even better yet a professional SEO consultant to help her optimize her blog to build an online audience that runs into millions of fans. She’s what you’ll call the Arianna huffington of Nigerian blogosphere except that she’s more biased towards entertainment gist and human angle stories. She recently completed a second house for her parents in addition to the 2 flashy cars she owns worth over N10 million, Linda can prove many wrong you can succeed in Nigeria without being born with a Silver spoon in your mouth and from doing something trivial as well – blogging.
Her blog: www.lindaikeji..com
Oluwaseun Osewa: Earns more than N2 million monthly
Innocent and cute looking Seun founded Nairaland in 2005 and was so confident of building wealth with it that he dared anyone interested in buying his website to pay N25 billion for it. Today Seun can afford to sleep all day at home as his website runs on auto-pilot – he hardly creates topics nor does he moderate topics posted – and the best part of it he doesn’t need to hire anyone for any reason. We could nickname Seun the Mark Zukerberg of Nairaland except that by page views and may be layout nairaland still has a long way to go when compared to facebook.
His blog: www.nairaland.com
Bamidele Onibalusi – at least N1.6 million monthly
Young but very hard working Bamidele Onibalusi is one of the quiet money making bloggers in Nigeria that very few people will ever hear about. He knows only too well that making the money and building a reliable brand means more to him than being seen and heard hence why he’s strictly about freelance writing and his private life but the young Nigerian article writer has made a name for himself with US based companies that hire him to write for them through hard work and perseverance. 6 months of consistent guest blogging has made him the world’s leading expert on guest blogging and why he has a huge number of aspiring writers as fans.
His Blog: www.writersincharge.com
Uche Eze Pedro – at least N1.5 million monthly
She started Bella Naija as a hobby, sharing magazine publications, mostly lifestyle to her audience like Linda Ikeji using blogger. But having built such a large audience it dawned on her to take on a more corporate brand hence why she registered “Bella Naija” domain. Today she’s Nigeria’s 4th highest earning blogger and an employer of labour as well.
Her Blog: www.bellanaija.com
Japheth Omojuwa: at least N500,000 monthly
Japheth may not be a household name to many Nigerians on the regular blogosphere but find your way down to micro-blogging platform twitter and a powerful personality emerges in @omojuwa with 95,000 plus followers and commanding an influence that has made brands trust his power to influence consumer choices. Japheth gets paid to make brands trend on twitter or simply just for talking about football via: #MTNFootball. His regular blog: www.omojuwa.com is among Nigeria’s 100 most visited websites although nothing to compare with a few others making mega bucks by the side.
http://the-nigerian..com/2014/01/nigerias-top-5-earning-bloggers-by.html

I did like to see facts about the claims above.

Word on the Street put Linda's earning between 5-10 million Naira monthly. Did you know she just build a mansion for her parent and seeking her father's approval before she can buy Range Rover 2014 edition. smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by ndubisik(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nice analogy
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Abujafood: 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
martha: Nairaland is not a blog

Yeah it's a forum but also has a lot in common with a blog!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abujafood:

What is dis one saying, How does it have a lot in common with a blog?

can users make posts in a blog?
can users follow topics in a blog?
can users create profiles in a blog?
can users upload attachments in a blog?
can users be banned from a blog?
can users quote other users in a blog?
can users like other users post in a blog?
can users send pm to other users in a blog?

The list is endless
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nairaplus(m): 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
How come you are privy to their account transaction? Or how were you ablr to come up with these figures. Let me quote Seun:
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Abujafood: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
rutchiekens:

What is dis one saying, How does it have a lot in common with a blog?

The answers to your questions on what they have in common.

can users make posts in a blog?
Can users comment on blogs?

can users follow topics in a blog?
Of course depends on the blog you can be updated by email

can users create profiles in a blog?
No! Except as a guest blogger where you may get a brief bio

can users upload attachments in a blog?
Depends!

can users be banned from a blog?
I can block you on twitter - in case you don't know twitter is a micro blogging website.

can users quote other users in a blog?
Ask twitter.

can users like other users post in a blog?
Visit more blogs often, of course you can like other people's comments

can users send pm to other users in a blog?
Stop using Nairaland as a Yardstick for other forums. But for micro-blogging sites like twitter yes indeed you can use a DM

The list is endless? Done arguing with you!

Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Abujafood: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nairaplus: How come you are privy to their account transaction? Or how were you ablr to come up with these figures. Let me quote Seun:

Who said I must have access to their transactions to estimate their potential incomes? Does Forbes have access to the account transactions of folks it profiles? Simple investigations can enable you piece info together.

*Hope you learned something today*

Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abujafood:

Nope! It doesnt
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abujafood:

Who said I must have access to their transactions to estimate their potential incomes? Does Forbes have access to the account transactions of folks it profiles? Simple investigations can enable you piece info together.

*Hope you learned something today*

stop trying to defend your ignorance, stop using twitter as a yardstick for blogs cos it is not a blogging platform, comparing nairaland to not twitter, there is a big difference between a social network with microblogging capabilities and a blog.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Abujafood: 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
rutchiekens:

stop trying to defend your ignorance, stop using twitter as a yardstick for blogs cos it is not a blogging platform, comparing nairaland to not twitter, there is a big difference between a social network with microblogging capabilities and a blog.

Seems you made the wrong quote here, I was replying him on how reliable the figures I posted were.

Now about the twitter, nairaland ish that's your opinion, there's no standard definition of what a blog should be or shouldn't be. You're entitled to yours I have mine, no need to shout "ignorance"
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by monaug5: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
nairaland is a forum........
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abujafood:

Seems you made the wrong quote here, I was replying him on how reliable the figures I posted were.

Now about the twitter, nairaland ish that's your opinion, there's no standard definition of what a blog should be or shouldn't be. You're entitled to yours I have mine, no need to shout "ignorance"

You are still been IGNORANT in your response. A blog is an informational site
published on the World Wide Web and
consisting of discrete entries ("posts"wink.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Abujafood: 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
rutchiekens:

You are still been IGNORANT in your response. A blog is an informational site
published on the World Wide Web and
consisting of discrete entries ("posts"wink.

Yeah whatever by the way blogs are also social networking sites contrary to your earlier posture!
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abujafood:

Yeah whatever by the way blogs are also social networking sites contrary to your earlier posture!

A blog can be a social "SITE"(where people leave comments or chat in a widget) but a blog can't be a social "NETWORK" because it does not connect people together, people don't share posts, can't PM each other and can't do many other things on a blog, that a social "NETWORK" can do.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by hunter1: 3:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Good Afternoon NL,

Bring all your PayPal to me @ reasonable rate.
I buy 315/$

Call/watzapp me on : 08055665583
Email: oluodeolajide@yahoo.com

Thanks for your patronage.
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Fareed12(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2017
I am about to make history... I have broken history... Check out dis website.... Www.getwise247.com.ng. Check it out..
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Fareed12(m): 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Fareed12:
I am about to make history... I have broken history... Check out dis website.... Www.getwise247.com.ng Check it out..
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Rajan123: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2018
Wow!
That much earnings just by writing?
feels like crazy.

Here is a step by step guide for writers who want to begin their writing
https://www.inconite.com/make-money-writing-articles.html
Re: Nigeria’s Top 5 Earning Bloggers By Monthly Income by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
bloggers self......

Nigerian Publishers Flay Opera News Over Unremitted Payments / Learn HTML LIVE On Nairaland!!! / How To Easily Add Adsense Ads Anywhere In Your Blogger Post