Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? (43985 Views)

Kcee (limpopo) Eating Sunday Lunch With Friend (adorable Photo) / See What Kcee Is Doing With Malaysian Babes On Stage - Photos / 10 Facts You Didn't Know About Kcee (limpopo King) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by EntertainingAf: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
SOURCE: http://entertainingafrica.com/nigerians-fooled-find-limpopo-really-means-pictures/

Nigerian music has advanced through the years. In this budding industry we have two classes of music stars. The first are those that have chosen to carve a niche for themselves by singing ever green songs with meaningful lyrics. The second are those who rely on the beat and watered down lyrics to make their songs enjoyable. The later most times does better than the former because Nigerians supposedly love to dance and aren’t really interested in the lyrics. We disagree with this. In 2013, one of the biggest songs out of the country was KCee’s Limpopo. A lot wondered what Limpopo meant. Was it some sort of dance step? Did it have a sort of sexual connotation? or Was it simply gibberish that the artist made up because it went with the beat?

First off, before we tell you what Limpopo is, lets analyze the lyrics. Kcee sings in this song;

Baby make we go limpopo,
Oya limpopo,
Baby make we go limpopo,
Cos you know the koko,
So make we go limpopo,
Oh yeah, tonight, oh tonight

Judging from what Limpopo really means, the lyrics would have probably made some sense but a recent newspaper interview with Kcee, leads us to believe even Kcee doesn’t know what Limpopo means. He probably heard it as a random word from someone and though it sounded cool. Check out what Kcee told a popular Nigerian News Paper that Limpopo meant.

Kcee, ‘Limpopo’ crooner has revealed the meaning of his song’s title. He said “Limpopo just means ‘let’s have fun’. It’s a ‘feel good song’ and I really appreciate how my fans have so quickly taken to it.”

Well, Kcee, lets help you out here. Limpopo is a a provincial Government in South Africa. It is located in the North West region bodering Botswana. Check out the picture below:

Now, if he had stuck to the excuse that Limpopo was a place in South Africa, his lyrics would have made more sense. “Baby, lets to a place in South Africa.” Alas, just like the rest, he went with the “lets have fun” excuse.

To all other music stars fooling us with you lyrics, better do you research well because we are watching you.

http://entertainingafrica.com/nigerians-fooled-find-limpopo-really-means-pictures/

11 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by gboyex(m): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Arrrh...I hate it when you guys do this, Stop using such enticing news as bait for your site angryangryangry
Complete your story or it never happenedangry

Ok...you have completed your story..I guess it did happen smiley

25 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Databundle: 9:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mtcheew...

4 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Sepp360(m): 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
Don't bother yourself. I'll definitely ask google! grin

8 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by luvlyblessing(f): 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
River limpopo in south africa

5 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by GovWahala: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nonsense OP take ur time. Limpopo ur big head.

6 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by missBanks: 11:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Outrage As Manchester United Defender, Chris Smalling Poses In A Suicide bomber outfit [Photo]
http://onubiyi..co.uk/2014/01/outrage-as-manchester-united-defender.html

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by ideee03(f): 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ode Op. angry

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by krnl: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Limpopo town is a few miles north of Jo'burg in SA.

They even have a University (of Limpopo).

Duh !

4 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
limpopo is a province in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 10, 2014
@OP, GUY U TOO HAV DISGRACED URSEF TRYIN TO CORRECT FAULT...WAIT... ARE U A LEARNER?

KCEE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LITERAL MEANING OF LIMPOPO, HE WAS TRYING TO TELL U THE MEANING OF THE WORD BASED ON HOW HE USED IT.
MUSIC IS NOT OFFICIAL AND MUSICIANS WERE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO USE ENGLISH THE WAY THEY WANT IN SONGS BESIDES THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, LIMPOPO WAS SANG IN PIDGIN.
DO U KNOW THAT "KOKO" HAS A DIFFERENT MEANING APART FROM THE WAY DBANJ USES IT....
PLS STOP POSTING POO

15 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by cdamsel(f): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2014
OP all this just make I click ur blog?if I click the link make my hand bend undecided kiss

17 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by EmyLeo(m): 1:25am On Jan 10, 2014
cdamsel: OP all this just make I click ur blog?if I click the link make my hand bend undecided kiss
grin

2 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Moratiwa: 1:40am On Jan 10, 2014
to$$ca$h:
@OP, GUY U TOO HAV DISGRACED URSEF TRYIN TO CORRECT FAULT...WAIT... ARE U A LEARNER?

KCEE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LITERAL MEANING OF LIMPOPO, HE WAS TRYING TO TELL U THE MEANING OF THE WORD BASED ON HOW HE USED IT.
MUSIC IS NOT OFFICIAL AND MUSICIANS WERE GIVEN THE RIGHT TO USE ENGLISH THE WAY THEY WANT IN SONGS BESIDES THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, LIMPOPO WAS SANG IN PIDGIN.
DO U KNOW THAT "KOKO" HAS A DIFFERENT MEANING APART FROM THE WAY DBANJ USES IT....
PLS STOP POSTING POO
Limpopo is a province and a river in South Africa.And Koko means grandmother in Sotho/Tswana group of languages,accept it,the song has no meaning.

4 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Sepp360(m): 6:40am On Jan 10, 2014
cdamsel: OP all this just make I click ur blog?if I click the link make my hand bend undecided kiss
hahahaha!... E no go bend my sister!

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by prettyuwakwe(f): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2014
gboyex: Arrrh...I hate it when you guys do this, Stop using such enticing news as bait for your site angryangryangry
. Gbam!

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 10, 2014
Moratiwa:
Limpopo is a province and a river in South Africa.And Koko means grandmother in Sotho/Tswana group of languages,accept it,the song has no meaning.

If u say d song doesnt have meaning it simply means u lack undastanding because i undastood every lyrics of dat song.... yes who doesnt kno RIVER LIMPOPO in south africa ? even ryt from my primary school days dere was a poem seven rivers in afric. RIVER LIMPOPO was the river kcee was standing close by when he was singing so dont tell me that he dont kno, he sees limpopo as a beautiful place where u go and hav fun dats why he said it means lets go and enjoy.. in music world lyrics meanings are not always straight
hahahaha wait... and u said "koko" means "grandmother".. ok , if koko means grandmother does it portray the way Dbanj uses it in song?... so as dbanj said in his song "make i tell dem d koko" so he meant make i tell dem grandmother ..does dat make any sense to u?..dats y i said lyrics meanings are not always straight, so stop contradicting urself... LIMPOPO IS A SWEET SONG DAT I UNDASTOOD VERY WELL

14 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by skyscraperTM(m): 8:22am On Jan 10, 2014
Nobody cares!!

6 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Waspy(m): 8:25am On Jan 10, 2014
Mstchwwwwangry

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by LadyH(f): 9:11am On Jan 10, 2014
gboyex: Arrrh...I hate it when you guys do this, Stop using such enticing news as bait for your site angryangryangry
its super annoyiiiiiing!
lwkm!

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by fuckluv(f): 9:24am On Jan 10, 2014
U wicked o grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Sagytarius(m): 9:38am On Jan 10, 2014
to$$ca$h:

If u say d song doesnt have meaning it simply means u lack undastanding because i undastood every lyrics of dat song.... yes who doesnt kno RIVER LIMPOPO in south africa ? even ryt from my primary school days dere was a poem seven rivers in Africa . RIVER LIMPOPO was the river kcee was standing close by when he was singing so dont tell me that he dont kno, he sees limpopo as a beautiful place where u go and enjoy dats why he said it means lets go and enjoy.. in music world lyrics meanings are not always straight
hahahaha wait... and u said "koko" means "grandmother".. ok , if koko means grandmother does it portray the way Dbanj uses it in song?... so as dbanj said in his song "make i tell dem d koko" so he meant make i tell dem grandmother ..does dat make any sense to u?..dats y i said lyrics meanings are not always straight, so stop contradicting urself... LIMPOPO IS A SWEET SONG DAT I UNDASTOOD VERY WELL

You are right, I remember that poem: Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi.

Athough, as a kid then, I used to call it "hipopo".

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Chimaritoponcho: 9:38am On Jan 10, 2014
You guys are worrying ur heads over the meaning of limpopo when u should be more concerned on finding the meaning of what Dj ARAFAAT said in "TOUCHing Body ft J.martins"

6 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by oliidell(m): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2014
@OP:
Clicked on the link. Nothing new...arrant hogwash. Are u from ogwashi?

2 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 10, 2014
Sagytarius:

You are right, I remember that poem: Nile, Niger, Senegal, Congo, Orange, Limpopo, Zambezi.

Athough, as a kid then, I used to call it "hipopo".
wrong its nine rivers not seven

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Medunah: 10:04am On Jan 10, 2014
flawless..S:
Name d remaining 2

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 10, 2014
Medunah:
Name d remaining 2
nile,congo,limpopo,niger,orange,senegal,ubangi,vaal and the zambezi rivers

3 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by AbuMikey(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2014

Peeps dey vex here oo shockedgrin

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2014
flawless..S:

Wrong, it's actually 11.

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Sagytarius(m): 11:02am On Jan 10, 2014
flawless..S:
nile,congo,limpopo,niger,orange,senegal,ubangi,vaal and the ziambezi rivers
Were Ubangi and Vaal recently discovered? 'cause I don't recall them included in the poem we sang.

3 Likes

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Layiwoo(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2014
Austeenx:

Wrong, it's actually 11.
complete am nah angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Kcee's Limpopo Really Means + Pictures. Have Nigerians Been Fooled? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2014
Sagytarius: Were Ubangi and Vaal recently discovered? 'cause I don't recall them included in the poem we sang.
Ubangi river is a major tributary of congo river while vaal is a river in south africa,it is the chief tributary of the orange river.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tagbo: Who Is Telling The Truth, Davido Or Police? Davido's Many Controversies / Bimbo Akintola Hired As Celebrity Election Observer (photo) / (photos) Top 10 Most Beautiful Nigerian Actresses- No 2 Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.