Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) (3439 Views)

If You Really Believe In Ur Eye Then Prove It(pix) / Newly Arrived Ultrasound, Premature Babies Incubators, Delivery Bed, X-ray(ies). / Photographer Captures Baby Fresh From Its Mother's Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by olempe(m): 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
X-ray photos, apprently taken last year, show the bottle lodged in the man's abdomen, along with a curved piece of wire that he used to try and fish the foreign object out.

He confessed to having stuck the bottle up his bottom at home, and said he'd been unable to get it out, according to the Daily Mail. Doctors had to surgically remove the bottle from his abdomen.

A man who went to a Chinese hospital complaining of stomach pains told doctors that he had no idea what was causing them.

Could it have been the bottle up his butt?

According to gastroenterologist Dr. Andre Fedida, the bottle appears to be lodge so far into the man that surgical means are the only way to get it out.

"The wire is of no use. It would only cause damage, maybe even perforate the colon," Dr. Fedida said in an interview with The Huffington Post on Thursday. "The only way to get it out would be to open up the colon and remove the bottle."

Although he didn't suspect the photo was a fake, Dr. Fedida said that it's possible the bottle was superimposed. "It's hard to tell because a this resolution, there's no definition of the wall of the colon. But it would appear that the bottle is in his large intestine."

He says he's seen stranger things before.

"It reminds me of my residency. I once saw a guy with a French's mustard bottle in his colon," Dr. Fedida said.

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/myoddnews

http://myoddnews..com/2014/01/bottle-gets-stuck-in-mans-butt-x-ray.html

Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by calabaman(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
How did it get in there? Jeez!!!

He must be gay
Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by olempe(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2014
calabaman: How did it get in there? Jeez!!!

He must be gay

Exactly!
Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by Lagusta(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2014
calabaman: How did it get in there? Jeez!!!

He must be gay

your brain dey dere!!!!
Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by sonnie10: 5:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
My conclusion is that the bottle was superimposed. This picture would be a good brain teaser for Radiology student.
The following observations were made before coming to the above conclusion

1 The anatomy from the digestive tract from the orifice (opening) of the anus to the descending colon is; Anus --rectum -- sigmoid colon(looks like S shape)-- and the descending colon.

2 Notice the dark spot proximal to the mouth of the bottle; this is air in the sigmoid colon, which is part of the distal end of the large intestine

3 The bottle being a firm (rigid) object should follow the tract of the flexible (soft tissue) intestine in a straight line. But this is not the case here. An illustration would be to imagine passing a steel rod into a flexible hose.

4 Now you see the sigmoid colon away from the supposedly digestive tract. This is impossible and scientifically, can not be substantiated.

5 The wire which they claimed he used in an afford to retract the bottle is also missing this path. In fact, the wire is totally off from any known fare through to the large intestine from the anus. That path were the wire is located from the picture is the Urinary path. It has nothing to do with the intestine. From the picture, It is clear that the wire was not passed through urinary path.

6 So how did the wire get there if it was not superimposed?

7 The only way the wire would appear to be there even when it is not there (that is assuming it is inside the body) is with an oblique position of the body or angled central ray projection. unfortunately, this image is a normal AP (anterior posterior) projection.

8 The wire could not have pierced the intestine because it has a looped end

9 Conclusion: The bottle and the wire were Superimposed

2 Likes

Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by Temismith(f): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
But jt ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ not as big as d bottle naa, y d guy wan kiill hinsef kwa!
Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by Lagusta(m): 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
@sonnie10......

you know, I went back to the radiography and studied it, u're quite accurate, are you a radiology resident??
Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by sonnie10: 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2014
Lagusta: @sonnie10......

you know, I went back to the radiography and studied it, u're quite accurate, are you a radiology resident??

No, I am not radiology resident. But I have seen a lot of X-rays.
Re: Bottle Gets Stuck In Man's Butt, X-ray Captures His Failure To Retrieve It (PIX) by sisiafrika(f): 5:51am On Jun 28, 2014
Photo shop

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy Frequently Asked Questions Faqs: Is Sex Safe During Pregnancy? / Anti 'd' / Meaning Of Medical Importance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.