Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly (682 Views)

Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Jordan Vs Nigeria - (1 - 0) International Friendly On 28th October 2013 / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by autchman144(m): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2014
Mexico is returning to the Georgia Dome for the fourth time in five years to play a warm-up soccer game against Nigeria as part of both teams’ preparations for the World Cup in Brazil this summer.
The game will be at 8:30 p.m. local time on March 5.

Mexico played in the Dome last year, defeating Trinidad and Tobago 1-0 in the Gold Cup. “El Tri,” as the team also is known, defeated Bosnia and Herzegovina 2-0 in a friendly in 2011 and beat Venezuela 4-0 in a friendly in 2009. Each game drew at least 50,000 people to the Dome.

Natural grass will be brought into the Dome and put down for the game, as it was for the previous soccer games there.

After needing to beat New Zealand in a playoff just to qualify for the World Cup, Mexico was drawn into what is considered to be one of the tournament’s tougher groups. Mexico, No. 21 in FIFA’s World rankings, will play Brazil (No. 10), one of the favorites to win the World Cup, Croatia (No. 16) and will open the World Cup against Cameroon (No. 50) on June 13. Mexico’s roster for the friendly game at the Georgia Dome may include Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez and Villarreal midfielder Giovani dos Santos.

Nigeria’s (No. 37) World Cup group includes Argentina (No. 3), Bosnia and Herzegovina (No. 19), and Iran (No. 33). The Super Eagles, as the Nigerian team is also known, will open the World Cup against Iran on June 16. Nigeria’s roster may include Chelsea’s John Obi Mikel and Liverpool’s Victor Moses
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by waleadex(m): 12:07am On Jan 10, 2014
It's going to be an exciting match but I doubt Nigeria winning Mexico.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by luvablesam(m): 12:15am On Jan 10, 2014
Not Again......I hope this is not true....,How can we use Mexico to prepare for Argentina

@I no like this one at all#
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by safarigirl(f): 1:38am On Jan 10, 2014
waleadex: It's going to be an exciting match but I doubt Nigeria winning Mexico.
why so?
luvable sam: Not Again......I hope this is not true....,How can we use Mexico to prepare for Argentina
@I no like this one at all#
to some extent, I think Mexico and argentina play similarly, forget that Mexico is in North America, they form part of latin America and are quite a formidable team.

My only concern is that we've played them before and I would've preferred a new opponent.
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by jotey(m): 7:19am On Jan 10, 2014
waleadex: It's going to be an exciting match but I doubt Nigeria winning Mexico.
Mexico doesn't even have a team..did u watch last confederation cup?u cant use mexico 2 prepare 4 argentina...i would v prefered colombia
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by jotey(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2014
safarigirl: why so?
to some extent, I think Mexico and argentina play similarly, forget that Mexico is in North America, they form part of latin America and are quite a formidable team.

My only concern is that we've played them before and I would've preferred a new opponent.
Yea..a new and strong opponent like colombia
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by autchman144(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2014
Colombia or Uruguay
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by jotey(m): 8:06am On Jan 10, 2014
autchman144: Colombia or Uruguay
I said a new opponent..didnt we play uruguay during confederations cup?we could v won dem if we played wit our 1st eleven
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by safarigirl(f): 9:45am On Jan 10, 2014
Colombia would've been the best, maybe Paraguay second best, but Mexico? Seems too easy
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 10, 2014
I may comment leta
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by deb(m): 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2014
We should be playing Brazil, Columbia not Mexico that we've already played.
NFF SHOULD BETTER WAKE UP
Re: Nigeria To Play Mexico In International Friendly by Syenite(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
We dont want to play a team that will trash us 3 or 4 zero in a friendly, that will dampen the spirit of the players, officials and even sponsors.
I think Mexico will be just right. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Costa Rica Coach: I Adopted Mourinho Style / 22 Reasons Why Pele Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Times! / I Will Sell Mikel, Torres Or Cech – Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.