Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? (794 Views)

Guideline On Purchasing From Alibaba.com / What To Look Out For When Purchasing A Land. / I Have A Plot Of Land. What Kind Of Business Should I Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by sucess001(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2014
I need your opinion on this. I am currently employed and been saving for a while. I ve been able to raise circa N5million naira and i am torn on how to use the funds.

Specifically i am torn between using it to pursue my foreign masters degree or getting a land and developing same.

If you were in my position, which would you chose?
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by Project400: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2014
Sir, I think you can acquire BOTH with N5 million.

But how do you intend to sustain your job while studying?
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by sucess001(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2014
Project400: Sir, I think you can acquire BOTH with N5 million.

But how do you intend to sustain your job while studying?

i dont think so...living cost and fees for the masters program for a year gulps dat. i intend quitting my job or applying for study leave...
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by jubfuns: 11:47am On Jan 10, 2014
Hi, If you are sure that your job is secure you can go for your masters.I guess it will not take more than a year since it is foreign.After that when you come back you can start saving and acquire the land.Land development will take more time whereas masters is short with time frame.All the Best

1 Like

Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by sucess001(m): 12:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
jubfuns: Hi, If you are sure that your job is secure you can go for your masters.I guess it will not take more than a year since it is foreign.After that when you come back you can start saving and acquire the land.Land development will take more time whereas masters is short with time frame.All the Best

thanks bro. your post makes a lot of sense.

am not sure they ll approve a study leave for me...but even if they dont, i am ready to quit nonetheless...
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by Project400: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
sucess001:

i dont think so...living cost and fees for the masters program for a year gulps dat. i intend quitting my job or applying for study leave...
smiley

Well, it all depends on your choice of school/land.
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by sucess001(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by Kingsmeado(m): 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
I am A real Estate Marketer and I'll say buy a land. A Client of mine but a plot in Ibeju Lekki last year for 800k now it is selling for 1.4m invest now in landed property and you can do both don't let the money stay Idle contact me on 08035554495, 08083260272
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
but must you have a foreign masters,arent nigerian schools good enough.....what if u leave ur job and spend the 5mill on doing masters abroad and you come back and realise your masters cant get you a better job easily....... think broda

one million can get you masters in naija am sure,and 4million can buy a land and build in lagos ....killing two birds with one stone undecided

1 Like

Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by millhouse: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
LAND OOO
Re: Foreign Masters Or Purchasing A Land-what Would You Do? by sucess001(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Bootybuttchic: but must you have a foreign masters,arent nigerian schools good enough.....what if u leave ur job and spend the 5mill on doing masters abroad and you come back and realise your masters cant get you a better job easily....... think broda

one million can get you masters in naija am sure,and 4million can buy a land and build in lagos ....killing two birds with one stone undecided

in the banking industry...foreign masters gives u a edge

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Ghana...and The Lessons For Nigeria / Please Recommend A Free CRM / Why Most Businesses Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.