Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? (1941 Views)

At ATM Points; Is This The New Form Of Begging? / Beware Of Scam That Requests Filling Of BVN Online Form / The New Form Of Advertising In Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by kenflipper(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
Recently a friend of mine called me from Nigeria and requested to borrow some money, she was so confident of paying me back in a short while that i became suspictious after pressing her she informed me that she wanted to invest it in a firm called ijoyaa, located at ikeja i inquired from her if they had a website and she promptly gave it to me on the phone. Since i was near by a laptop i pressed the keyboard and presto!.http://www.ijoyaa.com , http://www.ijoyaa.com/opportunity.aspx
At first i couldnt picture out the kind of business these guys were into but i knew it was a scam, tho i couldnt verify it 100% i thought i share it here, have you had dealings with these people, what can we do to stop innocent people from loosing their hard earn money?. According to the websites they claim to be into adverts and selling of circle, heck i dont know wht they mean by that, but wht i know is that with the huge return they promise if they arent into drugs it would be virtually impossible to meet up with such return, could it be another form of a wonder bank??, pls help out.
Their terms and conditions on the website sounded cocky when i read it, and most people dont even go thro' the terms they are lured by the promised return which might never come in. Worst of all why would a business based in Nigeria dealing with a people whose currency is naira transact its business in dollars if its not to lure them in with hard currency.
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by DrKitaun(m): 1:46am On Aug 12, 2008
talk only about what you are sure of . . . . cool

Ijoyaa is no scam, in the real sense of it, it is an internet subsidiary of Leverage marketing subsidiary, truly located in the heart of Ikeja as u have rightly said . . . .and best believe it ITS A DULY REGISTERED COMPANY THAT HAS A RANGE OF PRODUCTS THAT THE DISTRIBUTORS ENJOY, an example of this is IMMUNOCAL that customers pick up on paying for the Express plan, Immunocal is produced by ImmunoGSH and Ijoyaa has been able to use the product as a way of encouraging the patronage of the supplement by distributors, such that Networkers never neglect their health in the name of offline prospecting . . .

The community aspect of Ijoyaa is being worked upon as we post, but best believe its going to be unique and drive massive traffic to the site . . .

The advertisements as a product on its own is something that is being perfected on . . .basically there are so many things that are still in their develoment phase, BUT CAN WE JUST EXERCISE PATIENCE JUST A LITTLE MORE ?

as regards the issue of the dollars thingy . . .IJOYAA is finetuning its strategies by first adopting the Charity begins at home paradidm before the payment processors get in place and Internationals can start transacting business internationally

FYI, the owner of Ijoyaa, Steve Tolu has been No 1 in different MLM programs, been the biggest distributor in a few others, so u might like to apply caution in casting aspersions outrightly . . . .POSITIVE CRITICISM IS WELCOME BUT WHAT DO WE GAIN FROM TRYING TO BRING DOWN ONE OF OUR OWN ?

MLMs dont promise to pay you money based on your just joining the system, the system rewards u according to your efforts, as it had been hammered on that for u to succeed in Ijoyaa you need to build a team wink

and lastly, let me say for now . . .there are challenges but already some people have started smiling from this program and best believe ITS THE 1ST MULTI-LEVEL COMPENSATION PLAN U CAN GET/COULD HAVE GOTTEN ANYWHERE . . . cool
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by kenflipper(m): 7:10am On Aug 12, 2008
@Dr kitaun in the mid nineties alot of investment firms poped up!, they were duly registered claimed to be subsidiaries of other bigger firms overseas and at the end of the day people lost huge amounts. Wonderbanks also poped up with enticing returns but yet they faded out as they came in. your explanation didnt resonate with me, i'm not doubting the fact that people are receiving profit. tho!, i m in the states i keep close ties with nigeria so, i m well informed. Infact i just learnt today that a client was paid 75k from a deposit of 17k after 3months and networking 2 or more clients, it doesnt sound right to me. Plus we all know how these wonder banks and investment firms work, they start by paying so much profit on little investment from client as soon as they lure a sizeable number of clients they go under-ground. Your terms & condition was sculptured to protect (Ijoyaa) and leave the clients at their own risk. My issue is that for now it looks too good to be true even tho' it sounds true, who knows what the future holds? say a 6months to 2years from now! cos those who get paid by ijoyaa will be tempted to reinvest their payments hoping to quadrapple their interest.
I'd like to know the following:,
1. How old is ijoyaa?
2. Is ijoyaa insured?, if so what insurance firm, is it open to verification?
3. Who regulates the financial activities of ijoyaa??
4. what physical assets does ijoyaa have, that can be liquidated in case of bankruptcy.
5. could you unambiguously state all business ijoyaa is into?,
6. What is the capital base of ijoyaa.
7. Are clients aware of the degree of risk they are taking when they venture into ijoyaa's office? or do the make blind investments with ijoyaa.
I m not here to smare names i just want facts so as to protect friends and families from financial traps and that ijoyaa isnt another form of a wonder bank in disguise but a credible business outfit. If i was in Nigeria i would walk into the office at ikeja with my loaded questions and if i dont get a satisfactory answer i would draw my conclusional boundary.
cos' my friend didnt even know u guys had terms & conditions yet she has being to ur office on several occasions, all she knew was that the funds tripples and quadrapples after networking other clients for ijoyaa.
These are information that should be on your website to enable people understand better and make a smart choice. Also your front page should warn applicants to read and understand the firm's terms and conditions before proceeding. And for those who work into ijoyaa's office a copy of ijoyaa's terms and conditions should be handed over to them to read before venturing blindly.
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by DrKitaun(m): 12:23am On Aug 13, 2008
at this juncture, there really is no point responding any further to u as I see that u are on a smear campaign . . .all I need tell u is go get someone to get u facts, not just making spurious allegations on the www tongue cool
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2008
you are a big scam, answer the questions, you no fit, you don dey run, f,,,,,,,,king scammer.
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by ajayi1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2008
IF you can not answer those question that mean you guys are scammer!!!!
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by DrKitaun(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
df2006:

you are a big scam, answer the questions, you no fit, you don dey run, f,,,,,,,,king scammer.

Ignorance is a disease . . .if u had known me on this forum u would have known that I have never been one to scamper from a challenge, vituperaitive or otherwise  tongue so watch your gutter, lest u infect others which I already feel u are achieving with stans like ajayi  cool

1. How old is ijoyaa?

Ijoyaa newly launched May 2008, a product of good thinking and laborious efforts spanning over couple of years but materializing this year, any problem with the age of the program ? Nigerians and myopic thinking ! embarassed

2. Is ijoyaa insured?,  if so what insurance firm, is it open to verification ? is Ijoyaa insured ?

what a question ? in throwing that back to u ; is Tianshie insured ? or GNLD ?
how can u in this modern age be asking that kind of question if u are for real ? shocked how can a business duly registered bt the Govt, having access to many thousands of distributors' money not be insured ? and also maybe u need know that only the appropriate authorities can request for Ijoyaa's insurance details cool

3. Who regulates the financial activities of ijoyaa??

am sure I didnt need to reiterate that Ijoyaa is an internet subsidiary of Leverage Marketing Ltd . . . undecided[/b] who else would regulate its activities ? Seun Osewa ? grin

[b]4. what physical assets does ijoyaa have, that can be liquidated in case of bankruptcy.

are u for real ? how can u be asking me what physical assets an online network marketing company has ? how many liquidable assets does Getaway club have or Familyhomeclub have ? majority of these people don't even have physical addresses, so who would u be asking such dumb questions ?

5. could you unambiguously state all business ijoyaa is into?,

am sure u visited the website www.ijoyaa.com and u saw what was advertised as their services tongue for anyone advertised and isnt yet up and running, a caveat had been placed indicating that some part of the total Ijoyaa concept is still in development stage

am sure u must have seen this too . . .http://www.ijoyaa.com/rates.aspx which indicates that Ijoyaa has advertising packages for individuals,corporate bodies and govt parastatals, need I tell u that the social network part when completed would comprise majorly online communities that would make ONE WONDER WHAT A CONCEPT IJOYAA IS AFTER ALL  cool

6.  What is the capital base of ijoyaa.

another pointless question . . . capital base of a network marketing coy excuse me embarassed

7. Are clients aware of the degree of risk they are taking when they venture into ijoyaa's office? or do the make blind investments with ijoyaa.
I m not here to smare names i just want facts so as to protect friends and families from financial traps and that ijoyaa isnt another form of a wonder bank in disguise but a credible business outfit. If i was in Nigeria i would walk into the office at ikeja with my loaded questions and if i don't get a satisfactory answer i would draw my conclusional boundary.

what degree of risk are u talking about here ? everything in life is a risk, not to talk of a business where u are not given a promise of cycling if u don't work hard or did your sister also tell u that it is a wonder bank ? grin
*talk is cheap . . .walk in there and ask your questions, I don't work there, am a satisfied distributor of Ijoyaa, spurious allegations don't cut it with me as I know in this business winners don't quit and quitters don't win

@df2006, stilleno and ajayi

look before u leap . . .u should have noticed that the poster wanted to smear Ijoyaa without having an inkling of what the program is about or better still how a network nktg operates embarassed rather u guys come ranting here that if I can't answer questions then it must mean all ijoyaa distributors are scammers, then what does that make 3 of u ? seriously u guys need to get some proper education embarassed
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by kenflipper(m): 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2008
Dr Kitan@
After reading your junk i couldnt help but laugh uncontrollably, i knew you where gonna flip-flop . Your replies were wacked!, I wish people going to ijoyaa would have the opportunity of reading this blog before encountering you and your cronies.
You guys dont know anything about internet business!!! it was the internet business u claimed to be involved in, that raised the red flag when i first visited the site.
I hope you know that advertisizing online is by far cheaper than conventional tele. I was suprise by the cost of your adverts. And yet you havent attained a traffic of 1,000 visitors a day!!!, that means you and ur cronies dont know anything about online business. Nairaland with almost 300,000 members won't cost a quater of that. You and ur cronies opened the business to clientele even when u knew ur site wasnt completely developed with all activities and infos, thats poor reasoning.
Your telling me online business arent insured and have no physical assets? are u kidding me? how myopic!, All internet business started physically before going online. And depending on the kinding of business especially when it borders on money doubling financial, it should be insured, to attain credible standard. Only online scam business are invisible without physical assets or insurance. Using life as a risk on its own to get the better of unsuspecting public, how MEAN? do u know the amount in dollars you posted as return to ur clients?, that also raised the red flag.
You cant chicken anyone here, that ur business is duly registered doesnt give you the leverage to claim credibility we are all naijas. Registering a company in Nigeria is between N25k to 65K depending if its an enterprise or a limited liability company and without the services of a the lawyer , so does that make it ok for clients to invest with u?, If your intention is to build traffic on ur website talk to seun and let him tell you how he built a traffic of almost 300,000 members and leave innocent gullible nigerians alone.
Last i checked Tianshie is a chinese firm with headquaters in china (i could be wrong) if so how could you tell if they arent insured in china? plus they sell a certain product and not words and their telemarketing if i can remember its not based on cash deposit and circles with huge returns as promises. What physical product do u give to ur client when they deposit their money??, YEAH RIGHT! you tell them they are buying circles. I'll take it you are not doing anything illegal and that means ur honesty, but i got to do what i got to do. That is to inform the right authorities via mail of which i will copy the replies you posted here, its not a smear just a backgroucnd check. I intend to invest with you through my friend but! only after the authorities have given u a pass on the background check.

Me too i like to double my money but i no want make e disappear in d process. But!, if u pay me first time no mean say i go come back oh! i go run go give thanks giving and pray to GOD for forgiveness for taking such risk in the first place.
Have a nice one and thank for answering the questions.
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
another fraud.
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by DrKitaun(m): 10:40pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Kenflipper

if u werent hopelessly dumb, u would have seen the answers to ur posers in my post, but rather u come up with a more horrendous post . . .shame embarassed
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by fadson: 1:59am On Aug 17, 2008
kenflipper:

Recently a friend of mine called me from Nigeria and requested to borrow some money, she was so confident of paying me back in a short while that i became suspictious after pressing her she informed me that she wanted to invest it in a firm called ijoyaa, located at ikeja i inquired from her if they had a website and she promptly gave it to me on the phone. Since i was near by a laptop i pressed the keyboard and presto!.http://www.ijoyaa.com , http://www.ijoyaa.com/opportunity.aspx
At first i couldnt picture out the kind of business these guys were into but i knew it was a scam, tho i couldnt verify it 100% i thought i share it here, have you had dealings with these people, what can we do to stop innocent people from loosing their hard earn money?. According to the websites they claim to be into adverts and selling of circle, heck i don't know wht they mean by that, but wht i know is that with the huge return they promise if they arent into drugs it would be virtually impossible to meet up with such return, could it be another form of a wonder bank??, please help out.
Their terms and conditions on the website sounded cocky when i read it, and most people don't even go thro' the terms they are lured by the promised return which might never come in. Worst of all why would a business based in Nigeria dealing with a people whose currency is naira transact its business in dollars if its not to lure them in with hard currency.

Re:Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What ?

Bros are u really asking question because i can see u have a mindset already about the program

I have taken time to go thru the site, made some enquiries and my conclusion is another GNLD/forever L/P concept but with compensation plan represented in boards/graphically. Now any return is achieveable( ask the first set of ppple that started GNLD in Nigeria) as long u have pple buying the products in ur network.

We are begining to get unnecessarily sketical about anything Nigerian, quite understandable, even if Microsoft changes its name to Nigeriansoft, some will still call it scam.

Over-analyzing issues, no wonder the billionaires of this world are not University Professors!
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by clemeseh(m): 3:04am On Aug 17, 2008
This is another scam in Nigeria, the people does not know much about that stuff that is the truth
I was at their area few hours ago and someone was talking about this same people.
and i saw one of their staff, the truth is
THIS IS A VERY BIG SCAM, DON'T PUT YOUR MONEY THERE
Don't say i never told you oh,
I will send a report to the EFCC by Monday any outcome i will let you guys know
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by kenflipper(m): 6:57am On Aug 17, 2008
Dont mind them, they wanna twist fraud hoping we wont notice. Fraud is Fraud and can be recognise by the following:
1. If its too good to be true, it probably isnt true.
2. Promises of huge returns in a short while without detailed disclosure of how the profit will be made by the firm
3. Requesting or promising payment in Dollars when our local currency is Naira. I was wondering if Naira was stronger than dollar would they request or promise payment in dollars? so definitely there is a motive!
Even Nigerian banks who get direct allocation of dollars from CBN wont give out dollars. Even when required for investment they prefer to trade in Naira equivalent of dollars that way they earn interest from conversion.

Like i said earlier, i know of someone who just got paid her promised returns last week, she introduced my friend who start bugging me for funds. This guys are smart to the blind. They know that making first payment their blind clients will go GAGA, Yeah considering the kind of country Nigeria is! the foolish lady after receiving her returns instead of her to go for thanksgiving in the church, she reinvested it instantly for another mouth watering return, tho' i wasnt there i knew it via word of mouth from my friend. The logic is simple virtually everyone paid will reinvest cos at the point of payment they turn from doubtful belivers to full believers. Without knowing they were never paid, but only flashed. Its a pattern of design i call flash the money and take back the cake.
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by DrKitaun(m): 12:17am On Aug 18, 2008
kenflipper:

Dont mind them, they want to twist fraud hoping we wont notice. Fraud is Fraud and can be recognise by the following:
1. If its too good to be true, it probably isnt true.
2. Promises of huge returns in a short while without detailed disclosure of how the profit will be made by the firm
3. Requesting or promising payment in Dollars when our local currency is Naira. I was wondering if Naira was stronger than dollar would they request or promise payment in dollars? so definitely there is a motive!
Even Nigerian banks who get direct allocation of dollars from CBN wont give out dollars. Even when required for investment they prefer to trade in Naira equivalent of dollars that way they earn interest from conversion.

Like i said earlier, i know of someone who just got paid her promised returns last week, she introduced my friend who start bugging me for funds. This guys are smart to the blind. They know that making first payment their blind clients will go GAGA, Yeah considering the kind of country Nigeria is! the foolish lady after receiving her returns instead of her to go for thanksgiving in the church, she reinvested it instantly for another mouth watering return, tho' i wasnt there i knew it via word of mouth from my friend. The logic is simple virtually everyone paid will reinvest because at the point of payment they turn from doubtful belivers to full believers. Without knowing they were never paid, but only flashed. Its a pattern of design i call flash the money and take back the cake.

anyone that doesnt just see that u are on a name-smear campaign is being outrightly dishonest with himself tongue its sad enough that u dont even understand what u are yapping about . . .talking about why naira instead of dollar should be the standard of what is intended to be an International online network program shocked na wa o . . . STOP HATING !!! tongue grin

u keep talking about people bugging u for funds . . .are u that rich ? abi u be Dangote pikin ? shocked tongue grin

if u look properly through the webpages, IF TRULY U CAN READ . . .u would know that the coy calculated how much it makes on each person's cycle and how much advertisers can make, so what are u yapping about ?

and please remember to tell ur friends or relatives to tell u whether anyone told u Ijoyaa is an investment scheme, if any one told u this, drop the name of the person here and I will personally investigate that bunkumery cool
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by ztyle(m): 12:21am On Aug 18, 2008
whats happen to nairaland recycle bin shocked
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by DrKitaun(m): 12:50am On Aug 18, 2008
I wonder o . . . shocked embarassed
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by ztyle(m): 1:02am On Aug 18, 2008
Lol, abi Seun don BAN that side? grin
Re: Ijoyaa.com A New Form Of Scam Or What? by Xtremeshok: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2008
SCAM!!!! shocked

(1) (Reply)

Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? / Bitter Kola Export / Business You Can Start With Just #5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.