Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? (2067 Views)

Foriegn Business / Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? / Cement Business In Nigeria How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by Joan4427(f): 1:00am On Apr 17, 2009
Dear Nairalanders,

I am with an independent book publishing company based in USA and we are looking for ways to make our newest title (FEDDIE GIRL by Nona David) available to the Nigerian public.

Please, if you live in Nigeria and have had experience with buying books online from Amazon UK or US, please share your experience. I'm interested in methods of payment, book delivery/shipping, etc.

In addition, can you recommend other online or physical bookstores based in Nigeria that carry authentic, good quality fiction books? Please provide contact info if you can.

Are there other ways to obtain novels from Nigeria or is it just Amazon, Ojuelegba second-hand books, or nothing?

Thanks a lot!

ps: Has anyone used Orderbay.com or Flegz.com ?

Thanks!!!!

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing, Cincinnati Ohio, USA
http://bernardbooks.com

Read excerpts of FEDDIE GIRL and reserve your copy now! http://bernardbooks.com/form.html
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by Joan4427(f): 10:07pm On Apr 17, 2009
If you purchase books in Nigeria, please help!!! cry
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by igbonla(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2009
I usually buy from Amazon US using US debit or credit cards. Shipped through my coy US office or thro friends. Have found a shipping company that can give me a permanent US shipping address and will ship to Nigeria using a courier firm. Cost is resonable and no duty is paid on books.

Using Amazon is the easiest way I know, there are few booksellers I know here but their inventory is small. Moreover, don't have time moving around looking for books and they usually cost more.

Let me know if you find this useful.

All the best.
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by ADEOMOLE(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2009
I live in the UK. Your primary contacts are Nigerian residents.

However, the procurement enterprise i work for
now facilitates purchases for residents of Nigerians

Meaning Nigerian now can buy from ebay, amazon. Absolutely any store in the UK.

Goods are delivered within 2 weeks.

The customers pays in Naira.

If you need more information.

kindly send me an email adeomole100@aol.com
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by OrderBay(f): 1:59am On Apr 24, 2009
You can use the services of www.orderbay.com to purchase books from any on-line store in North America.
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by Joan4427(f): 4:04pm On May 08, 2009
igbonla:

I usually buy from Amazon US using US debit or credit cards. Shipped through my coy US office or thro friends. Have found a shipping company that can give me a permanent US shipping address and will ship to Nigeria using a courier firm. Cost is resonable and no duty is paid on books.

Using Amazon is the easiest way I know, there are few booksellers I know here but their inventory is small. Moreover, don't have time moving around looking for books and they usually cost more.

Let me know if you find this useful.

All the best.

Thanks for the reply Igbonla. Please I need more info. How can I contact you? Thanks.
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by Joan4427(f): 4:05pm On May 08, 2009
ADEOMOLE:

I live in the UK. Your primary contacts are Nigerian residents.

However, the procurement enterprise i work for
now facilitates purchases for residents of Nigerians

Meaning Nigerian now can buy from ebay, amazon. Absolutely any store in the UK.

Goods are delivered within 2 weeks.

The customers pays in Naira.

If you need more information.

kindly send me an email adeomole100@aol.com

Thanks Ademola for the useful information. I'll be contacting you soon. I appreciate your help.

Joan
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by Joan4427(f): 4:06pm On May 08, 2009
OrderBay:

You can use the services of www.orderbay.com to purchase books from any on-line store in North America.

Thanks for this info. I'll check out your website and your services.

Joan
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by asamuel: 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2010
You don't need to buy from US or UK anymore. Buy from www.kalahari.com.ng and you will get your books delivered to your doorsteps in Nigeria

Plus the office of the company is in Nigeria, you will pay online and you have 14 days to try your orders or return it with full refund.
Re: Purchasing Foriegn Books from Nigeria? How do you do it? by omoba4real: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2015
You can get this book [url]"Why We Struck"[/url] at www.sunshinenigeria.com

(1) (Reply)

Which One Is More Profitable Pls? / I Want To Start A Poly-bag Factory / Elephant Tusks For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.