Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Problem With Video Compression - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Problem With Video Compression (760 Views)

Problem With Video Compression. / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard / The Real Problem With Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Video Compression by AKO1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2008
Hello smiley

I have developed keen interest in video editing and have began to sharpen up my skills. I am currently using Adobe Premiere 1.5.

The problem I have is with compression. As we all know, the file size of a video is exponentially increased once it is edited and exported, so as to maintain the quality. If one tries to reduce the parameters before exporting (bit rate etc), it would reduce the quality of the video.

So please, those of you who are gurus in this stuff, how do you go about exporting your file such that it is able to fit on a CD and has excellent quality?

Thanks. smiley
Re: Problem With Video Compression by Thor(m): 9:04pm On Aug 12, 2008
Whatever you put on your disk will be the final quality. You can always make the quality worse, but never better.

It all depends what you are using the video for, if it is for a presentation then no need for high data rates and smaller files.

MPEG 4 seems the way to go to keep quality in small files (XVID, DIVX) Of course, make sure that you encode the video from the source file which should be of good quality.
Re: Problem With Video Compression by Seun(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2008
By CD do you mean VCD?
Re: Problem With Video Compression by Ayindeak(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
y not try your hand on other editing software which are less complex. e.g. studio pinnacle.
Even with adobe premiere pro, u get exactly the quality u exported.
Re: Problem With Video Compression by Seun(m): 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2008
Perhaps you just need more space. Buy a 250GB portable external hard disk and always export as DV.
Re: Problem With Video Compression by AKO1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2008
Seun:

By CD do you mean VCD?
Yes, but how is a 1.5GB movie file compressed to fit on to 750MB?

Seun:

Perhaps you just need more space.
I have a 111GB external, the problem is CDs.

always export as DV.
Noted. smiley
Re: Problem With Video Compression by Seun(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2008
The solution to the CD problem is - don't. That's what your external hard disk is for.

(1) (Reply)

Dragons Den. What Is Your View? / The Best Naija Entertainment Tv Show Period! / Sitanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.