Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Do You Play Chess - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do You Play Chess (1508 Views)

Chess Basics For Beginners / Will You Play Games In A Gaming Lounge / Which Computer Games Do You Play? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Play Chess by pawn89(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2008
come on fellas do ya play chess games? its really a good game i tell you, its not really all about playing electronic games (video games). i think chess is the most interesting board game anyone would wish to play. fellas i wanna know what ya all think about the game, and i you do play tell us your favorite piece. as for me my favorite piece is the KNIGHT. when i play white i play the knights variation and when i play black i use the popular sicilian defense.
Re: Do You Play Chess by Shaz(f): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2008
Unfortunately, I've never bothered myself wit Chess
Re: Do You Play Chess by chipass(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2008
A game is a game. Chess is no different.

Yes I like chess. Played a lot when I was in school and had more time. Now, I play the odd game.

As for favorite pieces, you must be new to the game because as any seasoned chess player knows, you can't get attached to any of the pieces. Why? Because therein lies a weakness. If I played you for instance knowing your preference for knights, my first mission would be to force you into exchanges that take the knights off the board. With your favourite pieces gone, your enthusiasm for that particular game will quickly wane.

Anyway, it will be nice to meet other chess players in this forum. Maybe we can play corresponsdence chess here without pressure - i.e. we both set up our boards and play a move or two a day.
Re: Do You Play Chess by Gamine(f): 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2008
Yea Chess smiley

i was in da Chess club in sch sef.

Love the game but i dont play it often these days
Re: Do You Play Chess by Cristalz(f): 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gimme a good game of Chess anytime. I love the way it makes you utilize your full brain capacity,lol. (tho that depends on the strength of your opponent) grin

Tho sometimes when things are hot i can't help wishing the King wasn't so ''restrained'' in movement.
Re: Do You Play Chess by pawn89(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2008
hey hey, no one says his favorite openings when playing either white or black,@crstalz that really funny you know most time when your king is tossed into a tight corner you would wish it can move like the queen. cheers
Re: Do You Play Chess by iice(f): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2008
Nope, never learned it, didnt have any interest. Maybe in the future undecided
Re: Do You Play Chess by nuttyproff(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2008
chipass:

A game is a game. Chess is no different.

Yes I like chess. Played a lot when I was in school and had more time. Now, I play the odd game.

As for favorite pieces, you must be new to the game because as any seasoned chess player knows, you can't get attached to any of the pieces. Why? Because therein lies a weakness. If I played you for instance knowing your preference for knights, my first mission would be to force you into exchanges that take the knights off the board. With your favourite pieces gone, your enthusiasm for that particular game will quickly wane.

Anyway, it will be nice to meet other chess players in this forum. Maybe we can play corresponsdence chess here without pressure - i.e. we both set up our boards and play a move or two a day.
wont mind some correspondence chess with u if u are still interested that is
Re: Do You Play Chess by sima(f): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2008
nahhh
Re: Do You Play Chess by chessguru(m): 12:51am On Sep 20, 2008
chess is my mother tongue!! I LOVE THE KINGS GAME, I HEAD THE CHESS CLAN /MOB
" A FORUM FOR CHESS PLAYERS WORLD WIDE"

Re: Do You Play Chess by Moyola(f): 12:54am On Sep 20, 2008
@ topic

No!!

i play ludo!! tongue
Re: Do You Play Chess by Gamine(f): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2008
Who asked you undecided undecided
Re: Do You Play Chess by Moyola(f): 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2008
lipsrsealed

juz 2 letchu knw nau!! undecided
Re: Do You Play Chess by Gamine(f): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2008
Aww. embarassed

But e no be by fos to know nau undecided
Re: Do You Play Chess by Moyola(f): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2008
. . .  :p
Re: Do You Play Chess by Shaz(f): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2008
Moyola:

@ topic

No!!

i play ludo!! tongue

That is the game! lol
Re: Do You Play Chess by Moyola(f): 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2008
Yep!! wink
Re: Do You Play Chess by Shaz(f): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2008
There should actually be online ludo
Re: Do You Play Chess by Moyola(f): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2008
i fink there is. . . undecided

buh aint noin lyk d real ludo. . . if u knw whot ah mean!!!
Re: Do You Play Chess by LondonCool(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
Re: Do You Play Chess by feyiona(m): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2008
I play chess and it stimulates ur brain that is one game that is wonderful
Re: Do You Play Chess by pawn89(m): 1:29am On Oct 01, 2008
ha fools mate, that move is no longer applicable as even a new born baby knows the counter for such a move, lol
Re: Do You Play Chess by pawn89(m): 1:33am On Oct 01, 2008
and u see personally i love the knight variation, but when the knights are taken away from the board, i just make a change of plan. just try a new strategy. And now lets be sincere, lets tell our selves how many games have we played, how many was won, and how many was lost. no foul play lets be sincere.
me have lost quite a number of games
Re: Do You Play Chess by Pataki: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2008
I love chess. Aside dancing, my next hubby is CHESS. Give me a good player, and I will spend the rest of my day playing that game.

I have been playing it for well over 12years now. I am a bit rusty, but still the moves are always in-born. Played it well in my Uni days was once supposed to go represent my Uni at Pre-NUGA in OSU, missed that opportunity because there was a strike around that time so I was not on campus. Another of my fishes took my position and we lost it in OSU now OOU. embarassed

I need some fish to constantly deal with in my life right now. cheesy
Re: Do You Play Chess by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2008
hmmmm. . . I play chess but I don't like chess undecided
I don't like the fact that you have to warn your opponent when you're about to get their king
I hate the fact that the king's movement is restricted.
I usually lose interest soon as ma queen is off the board.

Give me scrabble anyday.
Re: Do You Play Chess by Pataki: 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2008
Scrabble? undecided

That game is boring to me. I love word games, because it improves my word power. But once I give a word and my opponent says it does not exist and I most def know it surely exist, I will lose interest. If there is an updated Scrabble dictionary, I can be interested. If not, I revert to my chess where the rules are defined and no need to scramble for dictionary to set things straight. cheesy

I prefer to BLOOD it out with my pieces and officials. grin
Re: Do You Play Chess by RichyBlacK(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2008
I play chess. Attended several tournaments in Naija way back then, from NBL at the Nat'l stadium Surulere, to NAKSH Port-Harcourt.

I like Sicilian defense (most variations but love the Najdorf!), Giuoco Piano, Caro-Kann defence and French defense.

Pretty rusty these days, but can still solve a mate in 4!

(1) (Reply)

For Sale: 500GB PS3 Superslim Console With 2 Pads, Fifa 15 And Pes 2013 / Classic Football Table / China Just Became The Games Industry Capital Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.