Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House (1482 Views)

The New Acas (ican) In The House / Acas In The House, Take Note Of This. / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House by myboo: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2008
whats this TCI thing about ?

its good but how do one take the exams ?

is it with the consultants training centers or we go go trade fair again go write exam?

am kind of scared oooo

Pls those that have done, pls hint us abeg. what is the pass rate??

cheeers

worried ACA
Re: Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House by Gettolove(m): 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2008
There is nothing like a special venue or any exam.The programme is to empower new ACAs and prepare them for the competetive market, this is neccessary because some chartered accountants were not able to secure employment because they did not have competence in the area of I.T.

This is the first time ICAN will organise the programme, it was waved for the last inductees probably because of logistics and other reasons best known to the institute. The programme will cover the following modules :

Module 1: Computer fundamentals to include hands on practical on windows, MS words, Excel & Power point
Module 2: Use of accounting Packages
Module 3: Use of audit softwares
Module 4: Proffessional technology competence

The programme will not be handled by ICAN, it will be outsourced to Private I.T. firms around major cities in the countriy.

You can go to A.J. Silicon  for more info.
there office is at 14 amara olu str., off zenith bank, Lateef Jakande rd, Agidingbi Ikeja.
01-8985715, 4700712  or www.ajsilicon.com
Re: Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House by funop: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2008
You do not need to be afraid. There is no exam(according to TCI report in their website) and it is not conducted by Ican. But note that TCI is a prerequisite for induction. Last inductees were exempted from module 2, 3 and 4.
But according to the report on TCI (visit Ican website), November Inductees must go through module 1 and 2. There are about 15 training centres accredited by Ican.
Just make sure you attend TCI before the deadline for November induction.

If anyone knows the induction date please inform the house.
Re: Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House by myboo: 5:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ gettoluv and funop,

Thx i just visited the AJ SILICON website now. But one more question

I do not think we might hav time to attend the week days cos we all busy and stuff like that

is the option B be going to be only for 2 weekends (sat and sun only)??

that is 4 days all together and its all over ??

am asking cos am sick and tired of anything ICAN related. am presently outside 9ja and i intend to

get inducted fast before they begin to add more requirements as i have postponed induction for so

long. only God knows how much they charge me for subscription.
Re: Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House by alanimi200(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
Thank God for me I quilified this May.Pls those in the house don't be discourage.You can do it.with hardworking& prayer.ICT of ICAN is to enhance the new chartered Accountant but the problem is that there is no such location in Abeokuta where am resides it is UNFAIR.The cost of the programme is a little bit on high side.
Re: Ican Technology Competence Initiative: For The Acas In The House by funop: 9:44am On Aug 18, 2008
ALANIMI200,
YOU CAN ATTEND AJSILICON @ 14B AMARA OLU STREET, OFF ZENITH BANK, FIRST GATE, IKEJA, LAGOS.
ACCOMODATION IS AVAILABLE @500 PER NIGHT.

(1) (Reply)

“why Should We Hire You?” / 20 Easy Steps To Become A Millionaire / Project Management Professional And Certified Associate In Project Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.