Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,952 members, 7,841,661 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? (1944 Views)

The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? by Pataki: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Hi Pataki,

Glad to see you're here also. God bless you plenty. smiley

Now to your questions:

Gladly.

By Trinity, I understand the concept of the Godhead more as a matter of the Triune God. The word Trinity connotes different things to different people, and yes I believe in the Trinity as well. However, I'm persuaded that the word "triune" is closer home than I can convey in sharing this matter. It denotes that God is one and indivisible. His unity is given to us throughout the Bible in terms of the Godhead - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - hence we read very early that God said: "Let US make man" (Gen 1:26).

This "US" is not a question of separate Persons doing different work - it simply means that God is tri-unity in a way that is distinct from how we understand numbers. A good reference is John 1:1 where we read that the Word is God Himself and yet "with" God.

God works in many ways past our finding out (Job 9:10). But in His essential Being, He is inseparable, although the Son is distingusihed from the Father, as is the Spirit distinct from the Father and the Son. When we assume to try and "separate" the Person of God Himself into "modes", we come to a dead-end with the question the Lord Jesus asked the crowd in His day: "If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?" (Matt. 22:43-45). The point there that stunned the crowd was that there was only one LORD, but to the casual and careless reader who reads Psalm 110:1, there seems to be two Lords - an idea that is directly opposite to divien revelation. Any wonder why no one answered that question?

No, rather tritheism is a very different matter and bears no semblance to the Trinity. When scrutinized, tritheism is simply belief in 3 Gods - which is not what the Bible teaches.
As much as I would have loved to find a point to continue with this subject matter, I cannot simply find one.

Many blessings for the additional wisdom.
Re: Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? by justcool(m): 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2008
@pilgrim

Thanks for a very cordial and wonderful exchange of views. I think we have both clearly stated our views, so there is no need going round and round.

I wish you strength on your path.

Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2008
@justcool,

I have enjoyed such a heart-warming discussion with you. Let's do this often and keep the amicable atmosphere. God bless you daily. smiley
Re: Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2008
@Pataki,

Dear bros, God give you more wisdom . . . and thank you for raising the point that afforded me the elaboration. Bessings aplenty. smiley
Re: Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? by Queenisha: 12:04am On Sep 11, 2008
@ pilgrim1, yes it's nwando /babyosisi
Re: Heaven Or Kingdom Of God? by pilgrim1(f): 12:08am On Sep 11, 2008
Queenisha:

@ pilgrim1, yes it's nwando /babyosisi

I knew it! cheesy cheesy

Oh, darling. . . please don't mind me. I was long too gone to have known for sure. I hope you can forgive me. . . I trust you. Nne, thank you. . . your love never dies! kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Lessons From The Life Of Hannah: Getting The Change You Desire / 419 Matthew 'give Your Offering In Dollars' Ashimolowo / Pastor Anita -praise Your Way To Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.