Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! (18194 Views)

Poll: Dream team versus baby elephants. The winner shall most likely be:

Nigeria: 86% (122 votes)
Cote D'ivoire: 13% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs / Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by ehie007(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2008
if nigerians played the way they played against USA, then am soryy we will be going home. otherwise i see Najia boyz going through.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by MrCrackles(m): 9:09am On Aug 15, 2008
we gotta pull our fingers out, play better as a team and be clinical in front of goal!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 15, 2008
said it before n' amma say't again, we're whipping 'em. cool
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Olumide7(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2008
Though this won't be the real revenge but it will surely be a step towards the real deal. I've watched 2 of CIV's games and to say the least they haven't been as impressive as Nigeria has been but I'm sure that will up their game against Nigeria. Guess why? Because its Nigeria. And I know Nigeria will not be sleeping in that game. It's sure going to be a cracker!! Hopefully we beat them and progress to the Semi-finals where we'll probable meet Brazil, I'm looking forward to that one already.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by zelaws: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2008
I hope we win though our performance in the last match wasn’t total good.
Siasia is a good coach he has a way of working on the guys. So let’s hope for the best
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by ubest1(m): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2008
these agagus and ruudie of a guy, are they from Iraq or figi, even brazil national team cannot beat those boys,well the match will just be difficult because of this africa mentality but come run, sun nig. will beat them, forget score line
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by bikokwe(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2008
lets just say 1996 history will repeat itself cool
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2008
@ lexicon

A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Dream team should take the day but am afraid that they might not proceed beyond the quarter finals
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Danasco(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2008
This is going to be the most difficult match to predict. We are both Africans full with strength. I love the ivorians sense of patrotism.

I want to employ Siasia to introduce an attacking football the way he did to America. lets see Anichebe along side Osaze starting up the game. Let him rest Osifor and our captain( Promise). This is because Anichebe play agresively then the duo.

Another factor that will come to play here is PRIDE. The Ivorians have tortured the super eagles severely, the olympic team would want to redeem our image and place us ahead of the Ivorians.

This is going to be very difficult for both side. We have equally sharp attachers like dem. All we need is the ability to score at every oppoturnity. The players must never be selfish. Some of them will launch their career with a good performance.

Another fear am entertaining is that of our defence. The goal keeper is beginning to loose cordination with his defence. The no5 man is always to ambitious. He sometimes want to over impress and play to the gallary. All things been equal, the best team will certainly carry d day.

Nigeria 2 Codevoir 1
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by U4c: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2008
ah! i knw no why we go jam da elefants of ivory coast cos me i like both teams oh! inna ds oyinbo people wicked oh! angry
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by JUNIT1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2008
may the best team
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by walex25(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2008
WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THEM HANDS DOWN AND ONE THING THAT I AM SAY ABOUT OUR PLAYER IS THAT THEY ARE TOO SELFISH, EVERYONE WANT TO SCORE, ESPECIALLY ANICHEBE, HE IS TOO SELFISH HE ALWAYS WANT TO SCORE, WHY CANT HE COPY OTHER PLAYER LIKE OSAZE, IF OSAZE IS SELFISH, NSOFOR COULDN'T HAVE SCORE THOSE TWO GOALS HE SCORED. AND AGAIN SIASIA NEED STOP GAMBLING IN THE OF PUTTING ALL IS OWN BOYS AND KEEP OSAZE. BECAUSE HE WANT THEM TO GET A BIG CLUB.
NIGERIA 2 IVORY COAST 1
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Sentra: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
Cote D`ivore :1 Bakassi , Nigeria: 0 Bakassi
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by stanloski(m): 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2008
Guys have u noticed something? All the gals are predicting a win for CIV. Its either they like the Ivoriens ( is it the color of their jersey?) OR they are not getting attention from their guys because of the football so they want Nigeria out so their guys will give them attention! grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Mistiky(m): 2:29pm On Aug 15, 2008
My heart of course wants nigeria to win and i find its pretty easy to look for lukewarm reasons y this will be the case but  my head states very firmly that the CIV will nick it. It won't be easy but they outclass us in all depts.
I am quick to say though, that football ain't one plus one and form n luck on the day will be the deciding factor. (Lukewarm reason)
Dont know about the score.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2008
i fell this is our own time to redeem our image back considering what they did to us in the nations cup
I expect Nigeria to go all out on a revege MISSION against Drogba's pple , on that note i predict a 1-0 win which will be scored by Efe , i be prophetess but make i no talk the time cos i 've got d revelation!LOL!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by emmydee(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2008
It may just become another miracle if Nigeria wins CIV. That team is still dreaming. Am yet to see how they can beat the big guys like brazil and argentina.
Remember guys, we have gone to the olympics to win the gold, not silver in the football events.

Especially that Siasia team, Nigeria has so much hope on Siasia after his feat in Holland.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Abuseay(m): 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2008
This is the website to use, have fun,
http://channelsurfing.net/
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by emmydee(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
I mean, how can you explain the fact that 3 mins to the end, those two players had the ball when the US keeper was almost at the center circle, and they ( at different times) could not score? tufiaakwa!

Just do this in the Europe and get dumped for life!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by emmydee(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
@lamidebaby

ur tongue is too thick. it irritates me. phew!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by dante01: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
I know we will win for sure but what i'm not certain of is by how many goals.Look the only team that might stand between us & the Gold medal is Argentina and thats not to say they cant be handled when the time comes.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by McKren(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2008
stanloski:

Guys have u noticed something? All the gals are predicting a win for CIV. Its either they like the Ivoriens ( is it the color of their jersey?) OR they are not getting attention from their guys because of the football so they want Nigeria out so their guys will give them attention! grin

Partly yes and
their desire to see their men cry grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Rogo: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2008
we have a winning culture which i believe we maintain from time to time when using this team. the game will be Nigeria 3 Cote D'ivoire 2
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by topup: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2008
stanloski:

Wow, do you really think us that pathetic that we'd want our own team to fail so that 'your attentions can be on us again?' Well, I personally couldn't careless if everyone is obsesssing on football for the fact that I actually have always been able to keep myself occupied without guys,

Good luck to our guys, as long as they put all their best into it, I'll be proud. But I was surprised when I was checking the results and Nigeria lost their first game sad

NONETHELESS Go Dream Team IV
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by McKren(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2008
topup:

Wow, do you really think us that pathetic that we'd want our own team to fail so that 'your attentions can be on us again?' Well, I personally couldn't careless if everyone is obsesssing on football for the fact that I actually have always been able to keep myself occupied without guys,

Good luck to our guys, as long as they put all their best into it, I'll be proud. But I was surprised when I was checking the results and Nigeria lost their first game sad

NONETHELESS Go Dream Team IV

The bit in bold sums up how much interest you have for the game
lol
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by sley4life(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2008
We shall destroy CIV. The poster shouldnt have brought this post in the 1st place cos we will humilate the ivory coast.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by KevinKupr8(m): 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
Kalou is Very Much Alive
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by galatico(m): 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
I can't say for sure the Eagles would win the match cause am scared of the boy called Salomon Kalou I watched the way he tore our defense @ the last natons cup with the likes of Shittu and Yobo there I wonder what he'll do with Apam, Adeleye, Monday James and co, I pray he should loose form else the Eagles should buy there return ticket to Nigeria.

Best of Luck to the Eagles,
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by izi2brauz(m): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
Even the sport analysts on bankPHB sport analysis centre complained bitterly the other day they played with Australia, that Osazie of all people, could cause Nigerians heart attack, and that he should pray they win Australia, because if they dont, then Osazie will be spiritually punished, Ofcourse you know Naija crooks nowww., and you know what they can do.

As for tomorrow's match, if Siasia uses Isaac and Osazie again from the first half kickoff, then we will go home with nothing but to loose, but if the coach uses Anichebe combined with Osazie, or any other formation, then the DREAM team will excel to the next level,

Why?

Because Isaac is too slow, Osazie is too proud of himself, but both of them can dribble and play, but they should note that this is not Entertainment match, but trophy deal, so we dont want all those entertaining tricks, instead, let them GO FOR GOALS,
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by davidif: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2008
how are we going to stop that Gervinho kid or worst of all Kafoumba Coulibaly?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by camegirl(f): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2008
CIV :3  NIGERIA :0 na me talkam grin. U na Naija too get mouth. If CIV beat una, i suggest una take time off from soccer for 3yrs, cos Ghana level una like Gari and Egusi soup and CIV go take una chop rice and salad
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by cartonflie(m): 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2008
angry are u07/007? don't give dat account agian 2mrrw will tell d cote D'ivoires dat we don't mees up wen it's time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mourinho Rained Unbelievable Praise On Pogba In Post-match Conference / Juventus Close To Signing Anthony Martial From Manchester United / FIBA: Nigeria Finishes 17th As Africa’s Best At FIBA World Cup In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.